Pattaya: After the busy long weekend the resort is completely deserted again

webfact

35 minutes ago, Nout said:

You say: Whos going to Pattaya with all the traffic jams but you dont get the irony of your statement.  THE TRAFFIC JAMS ARE THE PEOPLE GOING TO PATTAYA.  555 Another person who does not understand an Oxymoran.

One of the funniest blind spots needed for TAT: TVF to deny domestic tourism. They'll get around this by claiming that these Thais who magically appeared from somewhere just drive around for the afternoon and then go home, never stay in hotels etc. even though

22 hours ago, webfact said:

Suwannee Tripetchkun said that Thai tourists packed all three out 100% on Saturday night. Friday and Sunday nights were 60-70% full. 

Funny the desperation. It stems from the need to feel that only the fabled, big spending Golden Egg Layers from Western countries, staying in fleabag hotels around Soi Buakhao, can be Tourists.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, heina said:

Should expect HUGE rise of crimes soon.

When? We been hearing that from the beginning. Let's have the date, for a change. The usual TVF Doom Prophecy comes with no expiration date ever, so we still got members looking for the Tunnel to flood at every rainfall and Central to collapse. One old doomster who'd predicted the Death for entirely unrelated reasons more than a decade ago jumped in recently to claim credit for his prescience with a false "I told you so" for the new Death By Virus.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

Make every weekend a four day weekend....

that will solved the issue of no people?

No....the answer is letting foreigners back in w/o Q and manage them...

otherwise, expect a week-day ghost town...

cant expect people when there are no people around....

And how would the authorities ''manage'' the foreigners without quarantine then?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mansell said:

I was there last weekend.....pretty busy. I was staying in a huge hotel right by the beach in Jomtien, they were almost full. Very pleasant. I would like to move there next year.

Did you get a government subsidy for your booking?   

33 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

I thought it was low season from Summer until mid October or even the start of Novembers.

The Thai government will get more pressure when it is considered high season

and there are still no tourists allowed or are showing any interest in returning to

Thailand for this Winter.  I believe that the Elite who have their money in many pots will

start putting the real pressure on the puppet government by December for sure.

Personally I do not see an improvement in this situation until September 2021.

At that time there should be a vaccine, and it will be known if it is pretty effective and long lasting.

Geezer

I don't think the Thai government do "pressure".

On 9/10/2020 at 2:44 PM, cardinalblue said:

Make every weekend a four day weekend....

that will solved the issue of no people?

No....the answer is letting foreigners back in w/o Q and manage them...

otherwise, expect a week-day ghost town...

cant expect people when there are no people around....

How do you manage 30 million foreign tourists??? 

On 9/10/2020 at 5:17 PM, GlassWayOverHalfFull said:

More garbage again by Pattaya Bashing Thai Visa

How can I sit in traffic today?

How can the restaurant I had lunch in be busy?

Just because Beer Bars are quiet it doesn't mean the town is dead. It just means that Thai's don't go to the bars and most of the long term residents don't go to Walking Street or Crappy Beer Bars at the other end of the scale. 

Between, Crystal Agogo, Queen, Upstairs at Kink, Pin-Up and Windmill were all packed last night. 

But Thai Visa knows best. 

You visited one street wow.. Head upto Naklua, Drinking street and Soi 3 etc and see what's really happening.

On 9/11/2020 at 7:22 AM, bodymassagemyfriend said:

Thais don't especially enjoy going to the beach when they are well-of.   They are quite lazy also , why going to Pattaya for the week-end , with all traffic?

You are quite delusional. If you like better beaches and more quiet you can drive to BanPae  ( in front of Koh Samet )

I have been there , its a Thai ressort and guess what ... its a ghost place, although beach was much better than Patts

Thais go to Pattaya to socialize on the beach, eat seafood, shopping, and nightlife. I doubt Ban Pae has the same sort of facilities as Pattaya, and it's a lot further to drive from Bkk.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Personally I do not see an improvement in this situation until September 2021.

At that time there should be a vaccine, and it will be known if it is pretty effective and long lasting.

Geezer

No vaccine will be known if it is pretty effective and long lasting till it's been used on millions of people, and that's not going to happen till 2022 ( if then ) and there may never be a vaccine despite the narrative from those that stand to gain financially.

It could be like the flu and mutate, needing a new vaccine every year.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, polpott said:

What is happening in Drinking Street? Open or closed?

Completely closed; and has been throughout the Covid crisis; as are the big restaurants next door; Goody and the Indian place; and Tiffanys accross the road. No footfall in that part of 2nd Road.

Bars on Naklua Road are ticking over, only a handful have bitten the dust - Tiger Bar and Barracuda being two. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, champers said:

Bars on Naklua Road are ticking over, only a handful have bitten the dust - Tiger Bar and Barracuda being two. 

I passed on Naklua road around 8pm the other night, and the small bar complex almost opposite Adidas shop was completely closed.

Further down to the round about, very few bars were open at that side of the road, and those that were open had only Thai ladies sitting at the counter

8 minutes ago, Susco said:

I passed on Naklua road around 8pm the other night, and the small bar complex almost opposite Adidas shop was completely closed.

Further down to the round about, very few bars were open at that side of the road, and those that were open had only Thai ladies sitting at the counter

That will be VIP centre opposite Adidas that is closed, it was open last week. I don't get out too much at night but some of the bars are getting a bit of custom during the day; not a lot but they are staying open. It is a very sad state of affairs just now.

6 minutes ago, Oldie said:
On 9/11/2020 at 10:38 AM, heina said:

Should expect HUGE rise of crimes soon.

I don't think do. Even the ladyboys on the Beach Road gave up already because there are no tourists there to steal from.

Obviously, if there are no tourists, you can't steal from them.

I have from a credible source that ladyboys are now following retraining courses for other sources of income

• Haha 2

On 9/9/2020 at 11:51 PM, davidmann said:

same. on the french coast in lock down. nice quite.  ,its not just thailand , its the world that is suffering  and business  everywhere.  ,and lets say WHY.  .due to the Chinese  eating wild animals.  ,how many people in the world. lost loved ones ,how many people out work ,how many business  have or will be lost world wide ,streets and bars are empty everywhere 

Racist much?  One person did something (that is not uncommon in some other countries) and now it's the fault of an entire ethnicity and/or country?

Edited by shdmn