Norwegian lawmaker nominates Trump for Nobel Peace Prize

webfact

4 hours ago, Hi Tea said:

Yes, show me the quote were I said he should or shouldn't win. "End this nonsense", to quote you, if you can't.

I didn't claim you said he should or shouldn't win, you made that up.

I did say you're confused, and you're confirming that with every post you make.

Edited by stevenl
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

They were also spreading the virus , Trump can claim ignorance , the protestors cannot .

If the leaders should be held accountable, then so should the general population  

Trump might be ignorant, but he cannot claim ignorance with regard to Covid-19. Even if the Woodward interviews weren't a thing, Trump is still the President of the United States, and probably more informed than protestors (let me rephrase that, potentially more informed).

Trump is in a position of power, protestors and the general population are not. It's not same same, and the false equivalence attempted is ridiculous.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2020 at 8:40 AM, joloit said:

Now the Nobel Peace Prize gets a whole new meaning. Next thing you know, Hannity and this judge lady at Fox will be awarded a prize for true journalism!! I shake my head and silently weep!! 

The Nobel Committee did not decide anything.

Thousands of people are eligible to nominate candidates for the Nobel Peace Prize, including members of parliaments and governments, university professors and past laureates.

An extreme right member of the parliament nominated Trump, as any other elegible people could have nominated anyone.

1 hour ago, CorpusChristie said:

Are you aware of the other 200 or so other  world leaders reaction ?

Like, how did the President of Zambia react ?

The results speak for themselves. Only a couple of other countries are even in the same ballpark of the level of infections and deaths as the US per capita. Maybe they were just lucky, or maybe they followed scientific advice and took appropriate measures rather than say, suggesting people inject bleach.

1 hour ago, charmonman said:

It's rigged ... unless he wins of course.

He actually said that the previous time he was nominated and I qoute " I think I'm gonna get a Noble Prize for a lot of things, if they give out fairly which they don't". This whiner is the ultimate sore loser. 

• Like 2

On 9/10/2020 at 1:51 PM, Eric Loh said:

Greta will give Trump a good fight for the short listing. If she got short listed, expect a mighty big tweet tirade from Trump and will rant that the Noble Peace Prize is rigged. 

He could always use some of the lines from this clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNOHxktvo58&ab_channel=MichaelAudreson

Only change the names to protect the guilty innocent.

Edited by billd766
added extra text
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, PhonThong said:

... removed more troops from the Middle East and is removing troops from Germany. 

Certainly not a way to promote peace

28 minutes ago, PhonThong said:

He has at least attempted dialect with the North Korean leader. First president ever to cross the line into North Korea.  

endangering south Korea

• Haha 1

Nobel prizes are like public busses. You wait for ages, then two come along at the same time. 

"President Donald Trump has been nominated for a second Nobel Peace Prize - this time for his work in securing a deal between Kosovo and Serbia, two former Balkan war foes.

Swedish parliament member Magnus Jacobsson tweeted that he nominated the governments of the United States, Serbia and Kosovo 'for their joint work for peace and economic development, through the cooperation agreement signed in the White House. Trade and communications are important building blocks for peace.'"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8723813/Donald-Trump-gets-second-Nobel-prize-nomination-Serbia-Kosovo-deal.html

May even be a 3rd in the offing. News that Trump brokered a peace deal between Bahrain and Israel is breaking. Incredible achievements, all of them. And notable that the Kosovo/Serbia deal didn't warrant a mention in MSM. Not as important as made up stories with anonymous(non-existent) sources? 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, PhonThong said:

Can anyone say why Obama received it? He did absolutely nothing for world peace. Trump has never started a war and has removed more troops from the Middle East and is removing troops from Germany. What other President has done that in recent memory?  He has at least attempted dialect with the North Korean leader. First president ever to cross the line into North Korea.  

I get it. Because Obama didn't deserve it therefore Trump does? 

• Like 1

On 9/10/2020 at 1:38 PM, TopDeadSenter said:

Crazy days we live in. Who could have imagined a President that ends all the ridiculous wars of his predecessors and bring the troops home to safety would be called a fascist and dictator? And be told from Bernie Sanders that "the Planet" itself is in danger if this man of peace wins his 2nd term? Seeing as Trump hates the losers and suckers in the military you would think he would leave them out in Iraq to be blown up? Why would he care so much about them he wants them back home with their families? Something is wrong somewhere in the official narrative.

I for one am grateful. No wars is good. No death on the battlefield - yes that is good too. I don't care if he is orange.

I have to give you credit for finding artful ways to spin the obvious facts. Lipstick on a pig is always momentarily entertaining but the psychological gymnastics must be exhausting. 

It's good to know that some Trump supporters still have an ironic  sense of humor. Surely it cannot be simply serious self-delusion. 

Either way I always look forward to your contributions. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, stevenl said:
On 9/11/2020 at 11:08 AM, Hi Tea said:

Yes, show me the quote were I said he should or shouldn't win. "End this nonsense", to quote you, if you can't.

I didn't claim you said he should or shouldn't win, you made that up.

From your post...

"But you were commenting on winning. You claimed you were not, I said you were...".

Q.E.D.

17 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Nobel prizes are like public busses. You wait for ages, then two come along at the same time. 

"President Donald Trump has been nominated for a second Nobel Peace Prize - this time for his work in securing a deal between Kosovo and Serbia, two former Balkan war foes.

Swedish parliament member Magnus Jacobsson tweeted that he nominated the governments of the United States, Serbia and Kosovo 'for their joint work for peace and economic development, through the cooperation agreement signed in the White House. Trade and communications are important building blocks for peace.'"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8723813/Donald-Trump-gets-second-Nobel-prize-nomination-Serbia-Kosovo-deal.html

May even be a 3rd in the offing. News that Trump brokered a peace deal between Bahrain and Israel is breaking. Incredible achievements, all of them. And notable that the Kosovo/Serbia deal didn't warrant a mention in MSM. Not as important as made up stories with anonymous(non-existent) sources? 

Your Trump adulation nonsense aside, this bit is demonstrably false:

And notable that the Kosovo/Serbia deal didn't warrant a mention in MSM.

Serbia and Kosovo sign economic normalization agreement in Oval Office ceremony

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/09/04/politics/serbia-kosovo-agreement/index.html

Trump Says Balkan Rivals Serbia, Kosovo Agreed to Economic Deal

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-09-04/trump-says-balkan-rivals-serbia-kosovo-agreed-to-economic-deal

Serbia and Kosovo agree to normalise economic ties in US-brokered deal

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/serbia-kosovo-trump-deal-economic-ties-election-israel-a9705836.html

Trump lauds economic steps between Serbia and Kosovo

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-serbia-kosovo/trump-lauds-economic-steps-between-serbia-and-kosovo-idUSKBN25V2CJ

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/11/2020 at 2:24 PM, Morch said:

One doesn't need to follow him closely. What he says makes headlines all over.

It really doesnt 

The USA is not the whole World and not everyone hangs onto every word he says 

These days we are not force feed news , we can click on any news that interests us .

(Please spare me , telling me what I click on and what I watch and what I read )  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

It really doesnt 

The USA is not the whole World and not everyone hangs onto every word he says 

These days we are not force feed news , we can click on any news that interests us .

(Please spare me , telling me what I click on and what I watch and what I read )  

Well, considering the relatively high number of posts which are just echoing Trumps tweets.....

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Morch said:

You are quoting me out of context. Your issue was already addressed in the original post. Here is the relevant part which you intentionally edited out:

Unless someone doesn't follow the news at all, it is very hard to avoid headlines, mentions or quotes relating Trump's words and actions - or issues revolving around them. It does not imply "hanging on to every word he says".

For someone commenting often on topics discussing Trump, his words, views, actions or related issues, and all the more so for someone often making claims such as "he didn't mean this", "he meant that" etc. the comment you made is ridiculous.

If you do not follow the news, what's the point of commenting on such topics? If you are not informed with regard to Trump's words, how come you comment on them so often?

I have quoted your whole post .

Happy now ?