Thaitanics Charity Shop

yaimar

with my wife i run an n.g.o. called thaitanics . our present main aid goes towards the triplets and mother we care for . plus our halfway house has two women seeking help.

since 1999 we have run a halfway house for women seeking help jobs refuge , etc. we have managed to place over 200 women in jobs and provide a shelter.

We have farang as well as thai, women, who have sought our services.and continue to do so

this has always been self funded. [or some donation direct to recipieant.] organisation.

the charity shop is a change/of direction

my pensions are wearing thin/ and all attempts to get help from the legit aid ogs has fallen on deaf ears

if there is nothing in it for them.we are of course working with the media and other phuket organisations

so we have opened a charity shop [like oxfam ] to fund .we hope our needy people in our aid net

[we do not seek them]

we would like to recycle all your out grown clothing / cars pick-ups .tanks electrical goods working or not'

I feel there are many thaiviser people out there who would like to help, by donating their unwanted items to us

we can collect. email [email protected]

our web site is a bit out of date but should enable some of our history be seen

www.thaitanics.org

the triplets are not on the site but we can send pics

if you can help we would be most gratefull

I think i talked to you at last month's IBAP about this.

I said that I have an old sofa that's in pretty good condition and it folds down flat to sleep on. Would this item be something that Thaitanics would be interested in?

Yes kind sir we are interested in anything that we can turn into aid.

your sofa would provide a bed for a needy person I am sure. or may be sell on to pay the rent on the triplets room/electic etc

mom and kids do not reside with us but are given round the clock care .as far as possible

and yes we did meet at Ibap net work night [if not me, My wife, ]

was a good exercise they put on [ ibap]

contact me please email [email protected] I will pick up

I'm glad I found this thread. I have some nice work clothes, casual clothes and bras that are all in good shape that I've been wanting to donate, but I haven't heard of anywhere to donate them until now. I also have some kitchen items, like a food steamer that I can donate as well. Do you accept all of these?

You collect too. That's great. I'll wait for your reply and I'll e-mail you once I have the things together.

:o

I'm glad I found this thread. I have some nice work clothes, casual clothes and bras that are all in good shape that I've been wanting to donate, but I haven't heard of anywhere to donate them until now. I also have some kitchen items, like a food steamer that I can donate as well. Do you accept all of these?

You collect too. That's great. I'll wait for your reply and I'll e-mail you once I have the things together.

:o

natalie8 2007 04 30 1277134

yes maam your unwanted items will be more than welcome. I think the food steamer might go direct to Melisa the triplets mother

if donated items are are given away. directly. to those in need, i will mail you to tell you where they went.

yesterday I picked up two computers, a printer and a camera tripod. from a well wisher donor. dont know what to do with the computers . just yet... thanks in advance.... yaimar [ re collctions. on phuket island only] unless its a helicopter

I said that I have an old sofa that's in pretty good condition and it folds down flat to sleep on. Would this item be something that Thaitanics would be interested in?

Hi Ozy would you mail me when its good to pick up the sofa/ or phone 089 872 4450

Hi Ozy would you mail me when its good to pick up the sofa/ or phone 089 872 4450

Sorry, making up a map to my house will e-mail/call you after lunch.

-Ozy

-Ozy

thanks osy , just in passing, i think if we get a lot of stuff in in the future

we, may , be able to, redonate, it, through thaivisa .[ possibly] as well as raise funds .

will need some better brains than mine but think about it

I have been busy emptying our house of things that are not used or to many ornaments etc that some one could use

just thinking of selling to raise funds,

but its the tip of the aid thingy "we on the move" i have a dream yaimar

Yaimar - do you have a shop you will operate from for donation drop-offs and re-sales? I have goods to donate but also can help generate publicity in the wider community who will be only too glad to help - and MUCH easier for you if there is a publicised donation/retail point!

Yaimar - do you have a shop you will operate from for donation drop-offs and re-sales? I have goods to donate but also can help generate publicity in the wider community who will be only too glad to help - and MUCH easier for you if there is a publicised donation/retail point!
khall64au post 1281970.

yes my wife has a shop . thaitanics charity shop. Saiyuan area of rawai . we have just been building it up ,as yet not officially opened, As we do have more than our fair share of projects to run,

plus the triplets

this is the wifes major responsability .

AND yes we do need help, to carry the project forward, to its greater potential , and other people in the loop would ensure its crystal clear. if you follow my drift.

once we were ready for the world I was going to ask the islands papers to give it a line or two. the phuket post has been involved with quite a few of our ongoing projects .

and, the, charity shop will feature i hope, but i feel your offer of publicity would be greater in its effect

if you are in our area Rawai give me a call .phone number is on the thread somewhere or its the green man 12th thanks for the lift up yaimar

-Ozy

we, may , be able to, redonate, it, through thaivisa .[ possibly] as well as raise funds .

I have been busy emptying our house of things that are not used or to many ornaments etc that some one could use

Hi Yaimar, am living in Phuket and having a good time and would like to do some voluntary work, can I help you one day a week now and again?? Mike

-Ozy

Hi Yaimar, am living in Phuket and having a good time and would like to do some voluntary work, can I help you one day a week now and again?? Mike

hi mike we will keep you in mind . there is need still, for voluntary workers in the Khao Lak area . have to dig out Mimi in Singapore to tell you where .{formaly thai together] field worker

]

ozymanandious post 1274697 . thankyou for a most super sofa bed. .

at present, it has pride of place in "reception" thaitanics shop. its given the bare place ,a good look . many thanks kind sir.

I have just paid room and board for the triplets and Mom . so Im hoping some shopper drops in to buy it yaimar p/s my daughter has shared the shop rent and is selling ice cream so coffee and ice cream for shoppers cant be bad.tea also

Glad it's working out for you :o

ozymanandious post 1274697 . thankyou for a most super sofa bed. .

at present, it has pride of place in "reception" thaitanics shop. its given the bare place ,a good look . many thanks kind sir.

I have just paid room and board for the triplets and Mom . so Im hoping some shopper drops in to buy it yaimar p/s my daughter has shared the shop rent and is selling ice cream so coffee and ice cream for shoppers cant be bad.tea also

Hi khall64au post 1281970 I have made one reply to you

but am needing help with managing. idea,s etc

so if you are at the green man sat please link with us .

am going to extend the same offer to mike [in the thread]

we could do with more stock for sure. and some form of advertising.

what we have to sell yaimar

-Ozy

post mike 1283291. Hi mike i have been so busy with our other projects and melisa the triplets mother developed ?kidny stone,s so this took a lot of time./ we could do with any import that will helf us support the children, So please link with me on satuday G/m and see if we have common ground, yaimar

Coming down Sat for bbq, busy sorting some things to bring for shop, can bring to Green man then or drop off another day, staying til Tuesday so no prob either way. Good opportunity for everyone attending to clear out their clutter in aid of a very good cause.

Coming down Sat for bbq, busy sorting some things to bring for shop, can bring to Green man then or drop off another day, staying til Tuesday so no prob either way. Good opportunity for everyone attending to clear out their clutter in aid of a very good cause.
=mamanoodle date 2007-05-09.post 1291933

will be ready to collect at the G.M sat night dear poster. i understand there will be 91 in attendance

if it goes as you sugest, i am going to be busy . see you there yaimar and mrs

will be ready to collect at the G.M sat night dear poster. i understand there will be 91 in attendance

mamanoodlepost=1291933 thankyou kind sir for your, large bag full of goodies for the thaitanics chairity shop,

one of the evening dresses was sold as it was hung on display thanks again.

brought some baby milk and cereal. yaimar

I'll likely be moving back up to BKK in late Jun .... have some stuff

pvt me if you can send someone to pick it up (or the landlord gets it ... I like him .... so no prob either way)

am in Kamala

I'll likely be moving back up to BKK in late Jun .... have some stuff

pvt me if you can send someone to pick it up (or the landlord gets it ... I like him .... so no prob either way)

am in Kamala

=jdinasia=post 1305241

I will come and collect my self when you are ready . thanking you in advance

yaimar 089 872 4450

Am yet to meet the triplets but did call into the charity shop. It's a great space with quality used goods and recommend anyone passing the Nai Harn area to call in and drop off unwanted items or purchase some interesting books, bits and bobs.

mamanoodlepost=1291933 thankyou kind sir for your, large bag full of goodies for the thaitanics chairity shop,

pleased to be of assistance, at least the dress did something other than hang in the wardrobe.Good luck with the shop and next time we come down to phuket we will have a look in and try to bring more stuff

pleased to be of assistance, at least the dress did something other than hang in the wardrobe.Good luck with the shop and next time we come down to phuket we will have a look in and try to bring more stuff

where is it? I need some bits of wooden furniture (real wood) and like to buy second hand, have anything like that?
ben@h3-digital post 1317910

Sorry we do not have any wood furniture. for sale. I brought new. from supercheap, { for the ice cream and fruit drink customers,} they have a good selection at reasonable prices.

what I do when the wood table tops get marked, {or befor} is tile them, cheap, use Silicone to stick and you have a special one off or more to suit your own taste, or decor. yaimar

yaimar,

I run a Charity Shop in Hua Hin for our Dog Rescue Center. For various reasons, I have decided to close it. I'm going to have a 2 week sale to try & sell as much stock as possible. At the end of the 2 weeks, I'll bundle up the unsold stuff & stick it on the bus to Phuket for you, if you want it.

I can't say what will be left, but the stock now is mainly clothes, books (English & European), household items, ornaments, electrical goods, paintings etc. If any of this is left, would you be interested? If so, I'll pm you when I know what I'll be sending. Good luck!

yaimar,

I run a Charity Shop in Hua Hin for our Dog Rescue Center. For various reasons, I have decided to close it. I'm going to have a 2 week sale to try & sell as much stock as possible. At the end of the 2 weeks, I'll bundle up the unsold stuff & stick it on the bus to Phuket for you, if you want it.

I can't say what will be left, but the stock now is mainly clothes, books (English & European), household items, ornaments, electrical goods, paintings etc. If any of this is left, would you be interested? If so, I'll pm you when I know what I'll be sending. Good luck!

november rain date 26/05/07 post 1324908 I am reading your post and i feel sad, dont know why.

yes of course I would be Interested. dear november rain. { i thought i was the first in thailand}

no doubt you could give me a few pointers on running a charity shop . please feel free to email your comments

[email protected] or [email protected] . I will of course, not, work in the shop. but the wife will. and women who use our halfway house . { the" locals" dont seem to get the point ] but i have to give it a try.

thank you for your kind offer .

I hope you sell every thing, good luck to you too yaimar