Shabu drama: Man charged for eating too much at all you eat buffet

rooster59

6 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

An official higher up the chain of command of the restaurant then entered the fray to try to calm the situation saying obsequiously that they valued the customer for his patronage. 

saying exactly nothing; taking advantage of thai ? ridiculous !

• Like 2

a lot of AYCE buffets I have used get round this by actually serving the high value meats etc, very rarely do I see people going for a 2nd visit to the counter

In saying that, if they advertise as AYCE then that is what they are, like someone already mentioned, they balance out over time 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, scammed said:

i know of a miser that pocketed some bananas

that was a free on the table on his way out,

this customer that eat prawns and meat exclusively

does look like a miser to me.

i am heavy on meat myself, but i recognize

basic economics and dont go that extra mile just to take advantage of others

I know , who you mean . 555

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I do understand surcharges for waste though but even that isn't always fair. Like you take something that looks or sounds good but it turns out it's disgusting. So you're supposed to be forced to eat gross food?

I have not seen any of these places limit the number of trips you can make to the bins with the food. On your first trip, you could just take a tiny morsel, and taste it after you go back and sit down. If it's awful, you don't waste any food and there is more for the folks who like whatever it is; if it's good, you can get more on another trip. Remember what your mom told you when you were little: don't waste food, because children are starving all over China (must be true, the way busloads of zero baht Chinese tourists stampede a buffet).

Snap a picture of the label on the bin, and you can look up what it is when you get home, then next time you'll know the Thai word. Although, I bet this customer learned some new Thai words that night, not the kind you'd find in a language textbook.

I can't believe that this is the very first time a customer has ever, ever taken "too much" of "the wrong things". The management has got to be aware that it happens. Surprising people with a hidden surcharge is just plain dishonest and deceptive.

There are 2 AYCE buffets around my area that have a time limit, and if you stay too long you get charged more. One has a clear sign in the front window spelling this out, the other is deceptive and makes no mention of it anywhere.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, djayz said:
43 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

If someone only ate vegetables, would they be entitled to a refund?

You'd think, wouldn't you? 

I would hope what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander, but knowing my luck I'd see the surcharge on the bill.

(both types of bill)

You won't believe what i've seen happening in Sizzlers...

People coming for a take home salad, they litterly emptied the whole bowl of bacon in their box, asked for the bacon to be refilled so he also took that 2nd bowl...he put in some small egs with it and left with a big load of bacon for the price of a salad.

And all those (Thai) people who don't eat their salad at all but let the staff pack it to bring home for the next day....they only eat the warm food.

My thai friend in sizzlers litterly used 1.5 bottles of ketchup for himself, his kids did the same...that was before sizzlers started serving ketchup in a bowl, now they even dont serve that anymore.

His wife likes to go to a local all you can eat bbq restaurant, she waits for the bacon to be put on the buffet, runs there to grab 1 kg of bacon and keeps that on her table....but many more thai do the same i noticed. It's a 200 baht buffet bbq place.

Their kids also behave bad in restaurants so i won't go out dining with these people anymore.

• Haha 1