BOT announces 18 public holidays for 2021

rooster59

BOT announces 18 public holidays for 2021

By The Nation

800_0ac660fab53500e.jpg

The Bank of Thailand (BOT) has announced 18 public holidays in 2021 for financial instiutions.

The announcement under Section 37 of the Financial Institutions Businesses Act BE 2551 (2008), was published on the Royal Gazette website on Friday.

The 18 public holidays are:

January 1: New Year's Day

February 26: Makha Bucha Day

April 6: Chakri Memorial Day

April 13-15: Songkran Festival

May 3: Substitution for National Labour Day (May 1)

May 4: Coronation Day

May 26: Visakha Bucha Day

June 3: HM the Queen's Birthday

July 26: Substitution for Asarnha Bucha Day (July 24)

July 28: HM the King's Birthday

August 12: HM the Queen Mother's Birthday and National Mother's Day

October 13: HM the late King Bhumibol Adulyadej Memorial Day

October 25: Substitution for Chulalongkorn Memorial Day (October 23)

December 6: Substitution for HM the late King Bhumibol Adulyadej's Birthday, National Day and National Father's Day (December 5)

December 10: Constitution Day

December 31: New Year's Eve

Financial institutions in Narathiwat, Pattani, Yala, Satun and Songkhla provinces can use Eid ul-Fitr, Eid al-Adha and Chinese New Year's Day as additional public holidays.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30394439

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-09-13

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Add 4 days to Songkran in Pattaya as it lasts a week.

There may be some but I do not know of another country with so many holidays.

Lucky Thais..

You are right, lots of public holidays in Thailand.
However, annual leave entitlement is generally quite low.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Lucky Thais..

Be nice if they were public holidays so I dont have to deal with watering throwing morons when I drive home from work.

4 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

I did read your post, Google tells me Cambodia has 22 days, not 28.

what are the extra 6 ?

My figures were from previous years.  It appears that last year the Cambodian Government announced a reduction of seven for 2020.  I know that leaves 1 day unaccounted for.  I cannot be bother to find it!

The actual numbers are not that important as I was only trying to point out that Thailand is not top of the holiday table.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, fangless said:

My figures were from previous years.  It appears that last year the Cambodian Government announced a reduction of seven for 2020.  I know that leaves 1 day unaccounted for.  I cannot be bother to find it!

The actual numbers are not that important as I was only trying to point out that Thailand is not top of the holiday table.

Thailand aint even in the top ten but there will always be some that moan about Thailand having too many.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

Your post was not there when I typed my response. However, I was called away before I could send it.

I have read it now thank you. Sorry if my post upset you.

I was actually wondering why you had only posted about Sri Lanka.  Given that I have had to correct my figures for Cambodia's being reduced your post including only Sri Lanka makes more sense now.

PS I was not upset.

20 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Thailand aint even in the top ten but there will always be some that moan about Thailand having too many.

And here don't have paid summer+ winter holiday like in Finland! 4 weeks summer holiday whit salary + 1 week winter holiday whit salary! So only that is 25 days vacation (monday-friday) + 9 public holiday so total 34 days! Saturday and sunday is free day in Finland anyway! My wife get 10 days/ year holiday in here (coverment officer) but if she not use , then next year its 20 days! If covid over it's trip to Finland.

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 2 is 1 said:

And here don't have paid summer+ winter holiday like in Finland! 4 weeks summer holiday whit salary + 1 week winter holiday whit salary! So only that is 25 days vacation (monday-friday) + 9 public holiday so total 34 days! Saturday and sunday is free day in Finland anyway! My wife get 10 days/ year holiday in here (coverment officer) but if she not use , then next year its 20 days! If covid over it's trip to Finland.

Finland has paid annual leave too, thats pretty awesome and very similar to pretty much every country !!

• Like 1

Maybe true on the many holidays, but they aren't mandatory. That's for banks and government, while the private sector can choose any 13 of these, which generally they do, if western companies, they'd have longer holidays around Christmas and New year, while Chinese will have longer holidays around Chinese New Year, and Thai companies could have longer Songkran... But on the other hand, Europeans are used to a month of annual leave, while Thais have far less, and in some cases even that is fixed to company closures.

2 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

Maybe true on the many holidays, but they aren't mandatory. That's for banks and government, while the private sector can choose any 13 of these, which generally they do, if western companies, they'd have longer holidays around Christmas and New year, while Chinese will have longer holidays around Chinese New Year, and Thai companies could have longer Songkran... But on the other hand, Europeans are used to a month of annual leave, while Thais have far less, and in some cases even that is fixed to company closures.

Yeah we only get 13 of the 18 and shut down for 2 weeks xmas/new years, glad I get 20 annual leave days and not 10, company has a use it or lose it policy so will be  taking the whole month of December off this year.

3 hours ago, Don Mega said:

I did read your post, Google tells me Cambodia has 22 days, not 28.

what are the extra 6 ?

With respect, for reference (publicholidaysasia.com) - 15 PUBLIC holidays listed for Cambodia in 2021 but please note possible amendments:-

Cambodia Public Holidays 2021 

This page contains a national calendar of all 2021 public holidays for Cambodia. These dates may be modified as official changes are announced, so please check back regularly for updates.

Date Day Holiday
1 Jan Fri New Year's Day
7 Jan Thu Victory Day
8 Mar Mon International Women's Day
14 Apr to 16 Apr Wed to Fri Khmer New Year
30 Apr Fri Royal Ploughing Ceremony
1 May Sat Labour Day
14 May Fri King Norodom Sihamoni's Birthday
24 May Mon Visak Bochea Day
18 Jun Fri Queen Mother's Birthday
24 Sep Fri Constitution Day
5 Oct to 7 Oct Tue to Thu Pchum Ben
15 Oct Fri Commemoration of Late King Father
29 Oct Fri King Norodom Sihamoni's Coronation Day
9 Nov Tue Independence Day
18 Nov to 20 Nov Thu to Sat Bon Om Touk
The dates in this table are an estimate. We will update this page once the official public holiday dates for 2021 are released.
Edited by Burma Bill
additional information

4 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

With respect, for reference (publicholidaysasia.com) - 15 PUBLIC holidays listed for Cambodia in 2021 but please note possible amendments:-

Cambodia Public Holidays 2021 

This page contains a national calendar of all 2021 public holidays for Cambodia. These dates may be modified as official changes are announced, so please check back regularly for updates.

Date Day Holiday
1 Jan Fri New Year's Day
7 Jan Thu Victory Day
8 Mar Mon International Women's Day
14 Apr to 16 Apr Wed to Fri Khmer New Year
30 Apr Fri Royal Ploughing Ceremony
1 May Sat Labour Day
14 May Fri King Norodom Sihamoni's Birthday
24 May Mon Visak Bochea Day
18 Jun Fri Queen Mother's Birthday
24 Sep Fri Constitution Day
5 Oct to 7 Oct Tue to Thu Pchum Ben
15 Oct Fri Commemoration of Late King Father
29 Oct Fri King Norodom Sihamoni's Coronation Day
9 Nov Tue Independence Day
18 Nov to 20 Nov Thu to Sat Bon Om Touk
The dates in this table are an estimate. We will update this page once the official public holiday dates for 2021 are released.

Yeah... did you notice some are 3 days long ?

446208842_publicholiday1.jpg.a52539b5f5d75891d4699bf3d35fe0e8.jpg1131420755_publicholiday2.jpg.e2e1ba520a9f0c8cc89dd06e433c478a.jpg2114683159_publicholiday3.jpg.bd45555c1dd3c7fa057555a19a1a5762.jpg

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Lucky Thais..

Lucky Civil Servants more like; the other poor blighters have to work no matter what day it is !