BOT announces 18 public holidays for 2021

rooster59

On 9/13/2020 at 8:22 AM, AhFarangJa said:

Slightly off topic, but I remember an old joke from the seventies about the British car industry at the time........

Outside the British Leyland plant the workers held a union meeting demanding more holidays. The shop stewards announced a compromise with management wherein there would be a 20% pay rise, a two hour lunch break, four tea breaks per shift.......and only work on Friday's..............after this a hand went up at the back and a voice said : "What......EVERY Friday!!!"

Sorry, getting my coat now..........

And after they killed the English car industry they emigrated to Australia and did the same there. True story.

Cheers

• Like 1

On 9/13/2020 at 8:05 AM, fangless said:

Cambodia has 28 public holidays observed annually. Sri Lanka has 25, India and Kazakhstan have 21,

Maybe in those countries the employees work.  If you've ever sat for an hour in Kasikorn to get served you'd realise banks are run for the convenience of the bank staff.

On 9/13/2020 at 5:59 AM, bkk6060 said:

Add 4 days to Songkran in Pattaya as it lasts a week.

There may be some but I do not know of another country with so many holidays.

Lucky Thais..

Myanmar has the most holidays [in SE Asia] with a total of 26 holidays.  Iran tops the ranking. Iranian workers are entitled to one month paid annual leave and 27 paid public holidays.