Tourists on the new Special Tourist Visa will have to arrive on charter flights

webfact

6 minutes ago, flyfrog said:

Anybody knows if Cambodia or Laos also has a 14 day quarantine, need to go for a Non-Immigrant B, impossible to get here. Thanks

Borders are closed so it is impossible to get into Cambodia or Laos right now. Any quarantine issue is a moot point.

If they would allow all people to do the 14 days quarantine OUTSIDE of Thailand it would be a kind of solution.

Let's say someone want to travel to Thailand by 15th of October. This person should have his / her first test on 1st. of October, the 2nd. test on 7th of October and the 3rd. test on 14th of October - if all test show up negative = quarantine done - welcome to Thailand.

Edited by Prince77

On 9/17/2020 at 9:30 AM, herfiehandbag said:

It is due to run for a year. Those who have invested a considerable sum of "influence" in setting up this scheme are hardly likely to have done so if there was to be any "easing" before that time has elapsed.

That's a scary conclusion

On 9/17/2020 at 8:42 AM, crazykopite said:

I refuse to place my wife in Quarantine for 14 days in some fleapit in Bangkok also I was quoted 87,000 baht for the $100,000 Covid insurance as she is over 65 so I have no option but to leave her holed up in the U.K. I suppose the only saving is that as she is not in Thailand the food bills and other shopping has vastly been reduced as I tend to now go to my local 50 baht local eating place to keep the owner in business . If it wasn’t for owning a property I would have packed up and moved on  ☹️☹️☹️

Was that THB 87,000 per year?

23 hours ago, paahlman said:

You guys are missing something... If you have a rental its sufficient.. Or have a lease contract somewhere.... A hotel is not enough, but a rental seems to be. Which is good for villa renters I would guess. At least they say" asq hotels OR lease, rental contract, condo ownership or house papers like the housebook or/and title deed."

So seems to be not impossible not to stay in a hotel designated by the gov.

That's after quarantine. You have to show proof that you have booked and paid for your entire stay, minus the 15 nights in ASQ. So at least 75 nights.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Prince77 said:

If they would allow all people to do the 14 days quarantine OUTSIDE of Thailand it would be a kind of solution.

Let's say someone want to travel to Thailand by 15th of October. This person should have his / her first test on 1st. of October, the 2nd. test on 7th of October and the 3rd. test on 14th of October - if all test show up negative = quarantine done - welcome to Thailand.

But its a system built on trust. What if they go out of quarantine on the 13th night and snog an asymptomatic. 

8 hours ago, uncle_tom said:

- So the answer to your question is the simplest one: Just get back to normal without delay. 

Yep. I have my credit card ready to buy tickets to Thailand right now. I'd even be willing to jump through hoops to make sure I'm COVID-free. But when I get to Thailand, I want to go to my house with my fiber internet connection and people around me who know me and will happily help me get through the first two weeks.

• Like 2

I think the Thai Airways financial situation needs to be resolved soon and then for them to be encouraged to fly prospective tourists that meet the Governments entry requirements, to Thailand.

They should be able to offer packages that include Visa, Quarantine Stays, Hotel transfers, Insurance, Medical checks, etc. all in one package.

To rely on Charter flights is being a bit optimistic ?

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, cracker1 said:

I think the Thai Airways financial situation needs to be resolved soon and then for them to be encouraged to fly prospective tourists that meet the Governments entry requirements, to Thailand.

They should be able to offer packages that include Visa, Quarantine Stays, Hotel transfers, Insurance, Medical checks, etc. all in one package.

To rely on Charter flights is being a bit optimistic ?

sarcasm aside, what your proposing is a chartered flight 

8 minutes ago, uncle_tom said:

To rely on charter flights is bit weird - they are having to bail out Thai - so why help the opposition..?

I am sure the charter flights will be planes from Thai Airways. That is what they have been using until now for the repatriation flights.

Edited by farang51

I can accept a lot of BS that happens here. Crazy rules, major hurdles all before this year but what has happened here in the last 7 months is nothing short of a national embarrassment. The idea c19 is miraculously not here, a country which has virtually no testing. At any point they dismiss the idea of it being here and even when it is clearly here they do very little about it and anything they do is designed for media coverage and nothing else. These rescue tourism schemes have been the biggest laugh. Even with ties here,funds and my heart. I will not return under the current conditions. It's a 3 finger hand in the air from me and penguin power all the way. 

This pair of jokers have been in power too long now. 

So of stupidity is what's leading the way, I'll jog on back to the UK and sort some stuff out. My phone contract is up in November and I got an S10 waiting in UK for me so that's two new phones for me and the Mrs. I got my MS surface need repairing and my backup surface needs fixing and I need a new PC as had to buy one from here which is good but I like surface. I could do with visiting a few clients it's been nearly 2 years since I was in the UK so it was always on the cards. Mind you I still have not booked Jack and I will not be doing so until it is clear I need to.

I will come back to south east asia but if thailand continues this silly game I'll be Vietnam and I'll get the family over if I have to. Nam will not stay in this cycle of stupidity much longer and opportunities will present themself real soon. Meanwhile thailand will continue pledging allegiance to the source of the outbreak like nothing ever happened.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

But its a system built on trust. What if they go out of quarantine on the 13th night and snog an asymptomatic. 

Snog. That is what one of the security guards did in the official Melbourne quarantine hotels. Had sex with a returning traveller, caught the virus and then headed back to his family and friends to spread the love. Another wave took off from there it seems. Idiotic government for setting up such an amateurish scheme.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, steelepulse said:

Indeed, the world has gone crazy.  I was watching an interview with a Swedish gov't health official from April.  Back then he was saying he didn't know how these countries that locked down would ever come out of it, unless they wanted to keep their borders closed for years.  What wise words indeed as now the countries that think they have things under control by closing their borders ( state borders there in Oz) are only delaying the virus coming and prolonging the agony of all those that are unemployed, homeless, and broke.  Nice job fearmongers.  

Amazing how a virus that has an ifr between .2-.3 % ( that's 2 or 3 people out of 1000 that get the virus) has now caused the world to go crazy and politicians to seize more and more power.  

There's no way to keep a virus out forever, so what's the plan?  Those in power really don't have a plan to open their borders and get on with life.

To many folks in power must think the Walking Dead series on television is real.

On 9/17/2020 at 9:36 AM, Misterwhisper said:

Three words come to mind: ill-conceived, convoluted, unworkable

This new visa type will amount to nothing and rather sooner than later quietly go the way of the dodo... unless its complicated conditions (Charter flights directly to the destination? $100,000 Covid insurance undersigned by a Thai insurer? Restriction of movement? Compulsory Covid quarantine? Good luck with all of that!) are eased considerably and it encompasses a much broader demographic.

If anything, the visa is likely to be exploited and abused by people who otherwise would be unable to secure a retirement, marriage or business visa (including yearly extensions).

While TAT in its usual euphoric enthusiasm predicts 1,200 tourists per week taking advantage of this "scheme", I predict that it is going to be not half that number, perhaps not even a quarter.

or even NONE !!!!!

18 hours ago, Prince77 said:

and WHO pays for the TESTS??

are they covered in the 100k U S D insurance??

2 minutes ago, essox essox said:

and WHO pays for the TESTS??

are they covered in the 100k U S D insurance??

No it is out of your own pocket as an added expense as it is a requirement and not a normal type of test done as a one off as normal.

Charter flights used to be very common in UK. They were organised by travel agents called bucket shops. Charter flights are much cheaper than regular flights. As is not uncommon on this forum a lot of comments are based on ignorance ,   hysteria and a desire to to find fault and seek failure in Thai endeavors. So to clarify. Individuals travelers to not charter a flight. An organization does so and then sell the tickets.  The buyer/travelers are not part of the charter process they just buy a ticket in the normal way.

3 hours ago, Dexxter said:

When Australia opens its international borders again, and gawd only knows when that will be, then I will be importing my Thai wife back to Australia, cancelling my Bangkok condo contract and saying bye-bye to Thailand for good. I was already <deleted> off with all the bureaucratic <deleted> building up before the CCP virus, so all these additional hurdles are the final straw. Perhaps in 5-6 years we might do a 3 week holiday in Thailand, but even my Thai partner prefers New Zealand or Europe, and there is a lot of Australia left to explore. Then again, the whole tourist issue might be a moot point if China decides to start a war over the South China Sea or Taiwan in the next 6 months. Then we would really have something serious to worry about.

In the meantime, I am locked at home 23 hours a day, can only go out for an hour but must remain within 5Km of my home, and have a curfew between 9pm and 5am. $1650 fine if caught outside. Police everywhere. If I try to leave Melbourne and visit the countryside it is now a $5,000 fine!!! Most interstate borders in Australia are still closed. All international travel is banned indefinitely. Thailand opening up for a few "elites" means nothing here.

Melbourne and it's 5.5 million inhabitants are going bankrupt over less than 10 deaths a day, most of whom are 70, 80 and 90 year olds in aged care homes who already were on the brink of death from other conditions. The world has gone crazy!

Yes. Australia sounds wonderful.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Jack Hna said:

I can accept a lot of BS that happens here. Crazy rules, major hurdles all before this year but what has happened here in the last 7 months is nothing short of a national embarrassment. The idea c19 is miraculously not here, a country which has virtually no testing. At any point they dismiss the idea of it being here and even when it is clearly here they do very little about it and anything they do is designed for media coverage and nothing else. These rescue tourism schemes have been the biggest laugh. Even with ties here,funds and my heart. I will not return under the current conditions. It's a 3 finger hand in the air from me and penguin power all the way. 

This pair of jokers have been in power too long now. 

So of stupidity is what's leading the way, I'll jog on back to the UK and sort some stuff out. My phone contract is up in November and I got an S10 waiting in UK for me so that's two new phones for me and the Mrs. I got my MS surface need repairing and my backup surface needs fixing and I need a new PC as had to buy one from here which is good but I like surface. I could do with visiting a few clients it's been nearly 2 years since I was in the UK so it was always on the cards. Mind you I still have not booked Jack and I will not be doing so until it is clear I need to.

I will come back to south east asia but if thailand continues this silly game I'll be Vietnam and I'll get the family over if I have to. Nam will not stay in this cycle of stupidity much longer and opportunities will present themself real soon. Meanwhile thailand will continue pledging allegiance to the source of the outbreak like nothing ever happened.

Good luck in Covid-19 Ukistan. The land of lockdown and serial incompetence.