Tourists on the new Special Tourist Visa will have to arrive on charter flights

webfact

4 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

Its a start at least. From small acorns.....

I see it as just a toe in the water to get ready for more easing, little steps. By Jan things will be easing

would be great if you and @Poet were right on that. We live in hope......

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Darkside Gray said:

Charter flights? What air line is going to fly special flights for 100 people?

An airline will receive the same revenue from a charter flight whether it is empty or full. The institution that charters the aircraft will foot the bill and depending on the circumstances try and recover the outlay.

Recently many governments using charter flights have not attempted to recover the outlay and provided free repatriation flights.

6 hours ago, cjinchiangrai said:

It could be more if there were more ASQ hotels. For some reason it is hard to get approved, particularly in Phuket. It should not be that hard, particularly in hotels with open air stairs.

You guys are missing something... If you have a rental its sufficient.. Or have a lease contract somewhere.... A hotel is not enough, but a rental seems to be. Which is good for villa renters I would guess. At least they say" asq hotels OR lease, rental contract, condo ownership or house papers like the housebook or/and title deed."

So seems to be not impossible not to stay in a hotel designated by the gov.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

No they will more than likely be chatered Thai airways specific flights, get ready to pay some money its the only way the 14,400 estimated for the year will spend what TAT estimated at 12.3 billion Baht. Does not take much of an immagination.

And 1200 people from all around the globe, how do they consolidate that into viable flights.. 

Currently schedule flights, including a daily from Ethiad, are bringing in COE applicants, makes no sense to interrupt or complicate that working solution. 

I suspect it was merely terminal 'need to have something to say' -ism. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, abrahamzvi said:

Surely most airlines flying into Thailand (I understand some European ones as well as Emirates will have flights to Bangkok) can bring in tourists, even if they are only in transit. Am I wrong?

I landed at BKK a couple of weeks ago from Krabi and shortly after both an Emirates and Qatar flights landed from Samui.

I saw the passengers disembark and the amount of luggage would indicate they were unlikely to be domestic travelers. Possibly repat flights.

Saw several middle east and european aircraft at the international gates as we taxied in.

40 people a day?  Even if on one charter from somewhere that is going to be a costly flight ticket.   Or is this a polite way to say those with private jets or chartered small jets same as they once mentioned.  

Why  the must stay 90 days?  How is  that enforced?   I call BS.   This is just to let a few rich buddies a visit

• Like 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

T

8 hours ago, webfact said:

PM Prayut Chan-o-cha, said that the move was an important first step to reopen the country to tourism.

Tourists on the new Special Tourist Visa will have to arrive on charter flights

First Step , in Quicksand    Going Nowhere in a hurry.

4 hours ago, DLock said:

I missed that "minimum" of 90 days.

And now another gem of :

....ha ha ha...so Thai Airlines misses out on even these well - healed  1,200 tourists.

Well thought through Cha Cha.

"well - healed"? Is that a deliberate typo? (implying that these 1200 have recovered from any "illness" they may have had)

6 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Don't forget the 18,000 baht for the three Ovid-19 tests at the customers expense.

Is that what these test really costs? What is the mark up, about 99%? Another excuse to increase Cha Cha and his Generals billions fortune.

• Like 1