Tourists on the new Special Tourist Visa will have to arrive on charter flights

webfact

6 minutes ago, mberbae said:

One gets the feeling that TAT members have been binge drinking hydroxychloroquine and attempting

to earn their paychecks by coming up with these ridiculous ideas. Charter flights ??!! Where will 6 tourists

from Finland find a Charter Flight ??

They may use the chartered flights to enforce the plan to limit this to certain countries where COVID is considered under control.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Forza2002 said:

Charter flights won't be cheap. By the time you add in compulsory 14 quarantine hotel, flights, CV19 insurance, other admin costs you are probably looking at min. $5K before you even start your holiday on day 15...

I know ASQ is between 1k-2k. How much would a ticket cost on the scheduled chartered flights from...*COUGH*...the USA?

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

No they will more than likely be chatered Thai airways specific flights, get ready to pay some money its the only way the 14,400 estimated for the year will spend what TAT estimated at 12.3 billion Baht. Does not take much of an immagination.

Dream world.  , so i am going on holiday where ?

What would motivate someone to pay 5k$ up front, spend a fortnight in a government hotel, put up with all the paperwork and testing; for 90 days, renewable twice (more expense and hassle? And after that?)?

Love? By now, 6 or more months later, most separated couples will have found someone else.

Money? Yes, people who had businesses or properties that they've not been able to look after.

Tourism? This is the 40 million annual, now it will certainly be zero. So as an experimental reopening, the 1,200 monthly are completely unrepresentative.

There are immense pressures to reopen, but best to stick to the gold standard and meanwhile prepare to deliver the vaccine in hopefully the first half of next year.

(Dont get me wrong - I wish Thailand every success, but the risks are high in a country unprepared to deal with an epidemic. Let's get real)

17 minutes ago, mberbae said:

One gets the feeling that TAT members have been binge drinking hydroxychloroquine and attempting

to earn their paychecks by coming up with these ridiculous ideas. Charter flights ??!! Where will 6 tourists

from Finland find a Charter Flight ??

7 ! They have solution about that!

Unknown-1.jpeg.642f93a5cdd1ae7550d2fd848f43a025.jpeg

4 times / week, they bring soi dogs same style back to Finland! That kind dogs whitch ball's not cut off yet!

5 hours ago, DLock said:

I missed that "minimum" of 90 days.

And now another gem of :

....ha ha ha...so Thai Airlines misses out on even these well - healed  1,200 tourists.

Well thought through Cha Cha.

With all due respect, I am unable to understand the sentence saying that "A handful of scheduled flights, in and out of Thailand, mostly either as a transit or dropping off cargo, provide few options for a return to general tourism at this stage which is forcing the government to work with overseas embassies to organize charter flights for the STV program." Surely most airlines flying into Thailand (I understand some European ones as well as Emirates will have flights to Bangkok) can bring in tourists, even if they are only in transit. Am I wrong?

2 hours ago, Poet said:

Perhaps, but I'm not the one saying "Frankly, I couldn't care less" about fellow humans facing expulsion from a supposedly Covid-free country and facing the exposure of long journeys home. That's hardly a God-like sentiment, is it?

My being an indisputable WINNER does not mean others have to lose. Or catch Covid-19 ????

Don't you know, this is Thaivisa, no compassion or empathy allowed here...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, YetAnother said:

just keep throwing obstacles and keep imagining people dont notice

So, 1200 per month = 300 per week!  All from different countries so it is highly unlikely that there would be sufficient numbers to fill 10% of a plane!

I wonder what airline would be willing to fly at such a loss! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Chiang Mai Bill said:

So, 1200 per month = 300 per week!  All from different countries so it is highly unlikely that there would be sufficient numbers to fill 10% of a plane!

I wonder what airline would be willing to fly at such a loss! 

It likely will be a full airplane of Air China, full with Chinese friends and investors :coffee1:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DLock said:

And now another gem of :

....ha ha ha...so Thai Airlines misses out on even these well - healed  1,200 tourists.

You dont know what a charter flight is do you? 555 Who do you think rents the plane to the charter group? Who do you think the 'charter group' will be?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Forza2002 said:

Charter flights won't be cheap. By the time you add in compulsory 14 quarantine hotel, flights, CV19 insurance, other admin costs you are probably looking at min. $5K before you even start your holiday on day 15...

Just did a Google search, the cost to charter a plane is between $1200 and $10000 USD per billable flight hour. 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

But the border closure to Myanmar is tightened... 

Dj's, footballers and Burmese babies can not spread C19, it is written.

Nor are they going to affect Thailand's virus numbers, by order.

I am just about to break open my piggy bank to see if I can afford to charter a plane to BK.

If 300 people per week fly into BK, then how many charter flights a week will that be?

Maybe 300 per week from each country allowed for this scheme, then only one flight per week- so maybe I will have to wait for 300 people to be ready to charter with me from NZ.

I'm so excited im going to call air NZ to get a charter price , maybe I could charter a single engine Cessna, and fuel hop across, certainly might be cheaper than chartering an A340.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, kensisaket said:

Just did a Google search, the cost to charter a plane is between $1200 and $10000 USD per billable flight hour. 

I did not see your post before I made mine , WOW so cheap 12 hours to BK from NZ only 120K US can you advise which airline I want to book now!

7 hours ago, DLock said:

And now another gem of :

They can offer charters on THAI. Same as many evac flights. TG would benefit.

22 minutes ago, kensisaket said:

I think its the standard Thai inter quarantine flight. They will just run more flights or fill up more seats.

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

You get the impression that there are hoards of tourists chomping at the bits to come to this paradise called Thailand, charter flights 90 days minimum finger printing insurance and 14 days quarantine, the ultimate destinations, come one come all...

Might I respectfully amend your post......

......the ultimate destinations, come one come that's all  ????

• Haha 1