COVID 'firepower': Britain imposes six-month curbs against second wave

snoop1130

1 minute ago, robblok said:

Id agree with you if you could not spread it and only get it. Now your body can endanger others.

Your logic is severely flawed and your intelligence is lacking. Your funny cartoons don't do much and your arguments are easy to debunk. Too easy that I don't even as it gets tiresome.

Stay home if you don't feel safe. 

Don't walk under any coconut trees. Don't cross the road. Don't swim in the sea in case of sharks. Life is a risk.

Just now, Mama Noodle said:

You're making a-lot of assumptions way to early. You don't know how the lockdowns are going to effect politicians careers in the future, and I suspect it won't be positive. 

Also, the millions of Thais out of a job and the thousands and thousands of businesses closing or going bankrupt would probably disagree with your assessment of the border situation. 

Of course its not going to affect politicians careers positively. Neither do tax increases and sometimes hard decisions need to be made for the people. 

Yes your 100% right those affected would never agree with me, i don't expect them too. However all people who can now live relatively ok without lockdowns and companies that have started up again outnumber them a lot. The economy is doing better then it was in full lockdown mode. That is what we can get again.

There is no perfect solutions.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nemo38 said:

Stay home if you don't feel safe. 

Don't walk under any coconut trees. Don't cross the road. Don't swim in the sea in case of sharks. Life is a risk.

I choose to walk under a coconut tree or cross the road I don't choose to come in contact with an infected person that wanted to go out and spread around. Different thing. It you who endangers others.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, nemo38 said:

China made the decision to stop testing for the virus. Bodies are not piling up in the streets. In fact, they are partying in Wuhan.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/nightclubs-wuhan-packed-coronavirus-epicentre-22712888

Screen-Shot-2020-09-22-at-9.44.58-AM.png

They are having parties in The Netherlands too.. guess what more infected. They have parties in Thailand too.. what does it exactly prove ? could you explain what your point is ? 

Since countries have opened up more the virus has spread more. Cant deny that. And no bodies are not dropping (Yet) as we are better prepared. But going full open would put us right back when bodies were piling up.

• Like 1

Of course its not going to affect politicians careers positively. Neither do tax increases and sometimes hard decisions need to be made for the people. 

Yes your 100% right those affected would never agree with me, i don't expect them too. However all people who can now live relatively ok without lockdowns and companies that have started up again outnumber them a lot. The economy is doing better then it was in full lockdown mode. That is what we can get again.

There is no perfect solutions.

So basically the "greater good" argument, and don't worry about the ones falling through the cracks, the economy tanking, etc because covid is the only metric by which any person can measure the current state of the world. 

Nah, I fundamentally disagree with all that. 

• Like 1

I choose to walk under a coconut tree or cross the road I don't choose to come in contact with an infected person that wanted to go out and spread around. Different thing. It you who endangers others.

My walking around today puts you in no more danger than someone choosing to drive a car where you might cross the road. This isn't killing people unless they are really old or are at death's door. 

I have a right of free movement. Old people have the right to free movement in their last years. Give them the OPTION of isolating. 

corona-npc.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, Mama Noodle said:

So basically the "greater good" argument, and don't worry about the ones falling through the cracks, the economy tanking, etc because covid is the only metric by which any person can measure the current state of the world. 

Nah, I fundamentally disagree with all that. 

Sorry I am not from the US in my country people dont fall through the cracks there are extensive corvid programs to help businesses. Sure some will go under but that happens. But then there is welfare.

You can disagree but not discredit the argument. You want your freedom and to hell with others. I want my freedom too but for now accept covid. 

What is your solution ? I mean its easy to complain.. give a solution.

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

They are having parties in The Netherlands too.. guess what more infected. They have parties in Thailand too.. what does it exactly prove ? could you explain what your point is ? 

Since countries have opened up more the virus has spread more. Cant deny that. And no bodies are not dropping (Yet) as we are better prepared. But going full open would put us right back when bodies were piling up.

This isn't killing people unless they are really old or very sick already, contrary to the hysteria which people have subscribed to.

Give old people the OPTION of being safely isolated and let the rest of us crack on with repairing the damage the lockdown has caused.

1 minute ago, nemo38 said:

My walking around today puts you in no more danger than someone choosing to drive a car where you might cross the road. This isn't killing people unless they are really old or are at death's door. 

I have a right of free movement. Old people have the right to free movement in their last years. Give them the OPTION of isolating. 

corona-npc.jpg

Oh god did you escape from kindergarten. 

3 minutes ago, robblok said:

Sorry I am not from the US in my country people dont fall through the cracks there are extensive corvid programs to help businesses. Sure some will go under but that happens. But then there is welfare.

You can disagree but not discredit the argument. You want your freedom and to hell with others. I want my freedom too but for now accept covid. 

What is your solution ? I mean its easy to complain.. give a solution.

I talking about Thailand - The USA is mostly open. 

You want your freedom from covid and to hell with others. 

My solution is to accept covid, have social programs to educate people, fund PPE etc for the population, and keep on trucking until a vaccine is available.

Youre never going to both eliminate covid and recover from it unless there's a vaccine, and we dont even know if thats possible yet. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

My solution is to accept covid, have social programs to educate people, fund PPE etc for the population, and keep on trucking until a vaccine is available.

Youre never going to both eliminate covid and recover from it unless there's a vaccine, and we dont even know if thats possible yet. 

Thailand is open for those who are here. Are you tourism related that would explain your stance.

I find Thailand perfect right now much better as under lockdown. I can do whatever I want just need a mask so that is not too bad.

So you want them to open up to tourist without quarantine and all. (most Thais don't agree with you) They like the freedoms they have now.

To be honest the country is ok besides the tourist sector. Better that they suffer then the whole country. 

I agree that there need to be a vaccine before we can do anything. I just believe that Thailand is doing it well this way. There were many good tourist years I am sure companies have saved those profits..... That is what is prudent.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mama Noodle said:

Give those who might die, the very old and already sick, the OPTION of isolating. Then the rest of us can work to pay for everything while developing herd immunity.

A vaccine won't change anything. The vaccine would only be 50% effective, so all the measures stay in place.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fauci-covid-19-vaccine-may-only-end-up-being-50-to-60-effective/ar-BB17HHfH

Also, in the UK, they already said there would be a never ending stream of vaccines.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8653639/Covid-present-FOREVER-warns-SAGE-scientist.html

The vaccine won't work on fatties anyway. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8665575/Coronavirus-vaccine-not-effective-obese-people-scientists-warn.html

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Mate the covid deaths are actually much higher they have compared average death rates with the death rates now and it shows we have even underestimated covid deaths. No matter what people like you like to say its just not true.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-53073046

This is far more deadly than the flu and if you get it you have lasting health damage often. That is not something the flu does.

Anyway are you denying covid exists like that braindead guy or just claiming its not as bad as it is made out to be. There is a difference between the two.

In one of your last posts in this thread you claimed that excess-deaths are far worse than reported and that you did PROVE it in an earlier post.

Always willing to learn I looked it up, and I presume this is the post you are referring to.

Hmmmm... An article dating of June 18, with data analysis till MAY 15.

Do you have any up-to-date figures to underpin your claim?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, nemo38 said:

Give those who might die, the very old and already sick, the OPTION of isolating. Then the rest of us can work to pay for everything while developing herd immunity.

A vaccine won't change anything. The vaccine would only be 50% effective, so all the measures stay in place.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fauci-covid-19-vaccine-may-only-end-up-being-50-to-60-effective/ar-BB17HHfH

Also, in the UK, they already said there would be a never ending stream of vaccines.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8653639/Covid-present-FOREVER-warns-SAGE-scientist.html

The vaccine won't work on fatties anyway. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8665575/Coronavirus-vaccine-not-effective-obese-people-scientists-warn.html

You take the dailymail as a source and you already know a vaccine that is not yet produced wont work on fatties and will be 50-60 percent effective.

Wow can you give me the lottery numbers too. I rather wait and see first. And the Dailymail is not really credible.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peter Denis said:

In one of your last posts in this thread you claimed that excess-deaths are far worse than reported and that you did PROVE it in an earlier post.

Always willing to learn I looked it up, and I presume this is the post you are referring to.

Hmmmm... An article dating of June 18, with data analysis till MAY 15.

Do you have any up-to-date figures to underpin your claim?

No as it was proven then already. Why would they go back and prove something that has been proven already.

The best way is still to compare average death rates. I hope you can agree with that. Because the only thing changed is covid so if death rates are a lot higher then normal its all covid. No need for tests and so on. Its actually the best real check there is (if you think about it) Sure its not full proof but better then what is available. 

I am pleased your willing to learn so what did you learn from this article.. you probably learned that deaths are not being hidden at all as this clearly showed deaths being under reported. Just imagine the deaths in say India now. 

But you want current data. I cannot give you but this data is still valid. 

15 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Having been stuck here forever the UK government has at least tried to mitigate the total collapse of the world with most people getting at least some help they haven't got it all right for sure but who has? certainly not a general with no economy left and the people left on their own????  

what planet is that you're on? we know we've got incompetent govt here, with 56 deaths and counting. Compare with Boris & buddy the Dom and it's no contest.  all Boris is good for is a laugh: quote: In the UK, the prime minister, Boris Johnson, introduced new restrictions for England that could last six months following a surge in cases in recent weeks. The raft of new measures include telling the public to continue working from home, a 10pm curfew for hospitality venues, and limiting weddings to 15 people. No worries, Boris, you still have 12 to go ????

You take the dailymail as a source and you already know a vaccine that is not yet produced wont work on fatties and will be 50-60 percent effective.

Wow can you give me the lottery numbers too. I rather wait and see first. And the Dailymail is not really credible.

They are just reporting what Doctors and scientists are telling them. Do you think they are lying? Big if true. The other papers would love to hear from you if you have any evidence of that.

You can't respond the obvious solution to this mess which I proposed; give old, and sick, people the OPTION of isolating while the rest of us work to pay for everything. 

1 hour ago, brain150 said:

All this on a PCR test that is a total HOAX ???

... show me the sick and the dead ! They are nowhere to be seen because they don't exist !

Just a bunch of meaningless positive test results that have nothing to do with a virus or even an infection !!!

I know several who got sick and 1 who was in a coma for weeks. How stupid can you be?

1 minute ago, FritsSikkink said:

I know several who got sick and 1 who was in a coma for weeks. How stupid can you be?

People get sick from the flu. Very old people, and those with co-morbidities, especially so.

How old was the person who went into a coma and what were their pre-existing conditions?

People over a hundred year old recovered from Covid. It isn't the black death. People in Wuhan are back to night clubs.

8 minutes ago, nemo38 said:

They are just reporting what Doctors and scientists are telling them. Do you think they are lying? Big if true. The other papers would love to hear from you if you have any evidence of that.

You can't respond the obvious solution to this mess which I proposed; give old, and sick, people the OPTION of isolating while the rest of us work to pay for everything. 

What I am saying is that the dailymail brings out words that are often taken out of context. Also there is no proof of their claims at all as there is no vaccin that they have tested those claims on.

Your solutions is crazy. Its that of child. But I knew that already given your kindergarten pics. 

• Confused 1

What I am saying is that the dailymail brings out words that are often taken out of context. Also there is no proof of their claims at all as there is no vaccin that they have tested those claims on.

Your solutions is crazy. Its that of child. But I knew that already given your kindergarten pics. 

It is on you to go find the deception in the DM articles I posted if you make the claim they are inaccurate.

Sticks and stones will break my bones, but words (or Covid-19) will never hurt me. 

Edited by nemo38

2 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

I just told you earlier im an offshore worker, and Im fine financially for a while, thanks. 

Of course you find it perfect, you are on the beneficial end of the stick. You slag off others as being selfish, but you yourself are just the same. 

Most business models dont have them saving to be able to operate at zero income for 6 months to a year, and its unreasonable to blame them for going under when its the government forcing it through no fault of their own. 

And if a vaccine is impossible, or more than a year away before its widely accepted and available? You may be fine, and ill be fine, but this country won't be with closed borders. 

My business model is hit too. I am accountant if my clients go broke i lose them. So nobody is safe. 

So tell me what freedom of movement are you talking about how are you restricted inside Thailand.

Seems you want to go out for your work and don't want to come back in quarantine... seems like you got bone in this (sorry just making assumptions like you did about my job)

I am saying its better to have the tourist industry suffer then the whole country. You do remember how bad the lockdown was.  Now things are pretty ok most people can work 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, nemo38 said:

It is on you to go find the deception in the DM articles I posted if you make the claim they are inaccurate.

Sticks and stones will break my bones, but words (or Covid-19) will never hurt me. 

Mate you have braincells at all. I bet you did not have a high education.

These guys are SPECULATING.

There is no vaccine now so they don't know if its only 50 or 60 % working or that it does not work on fatties. They will only know that after a vaccine is found and tested. For now its just SPECULATION

Look the word up in a dictionary. Damm is it that hard to understand that when there still is no vaccine yet you cannot say on how many people it works and if it will work on fatties or not. You just cant.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Again your putting your head in the sand comming up with non issues like a true denier.

I showed you that average death rates show much higher numbers. In those numbers are already your flue complications. If you can't understand that then I will stop talking because you just arent bright enough.

Dam we have it in writing that you going to stop talking lets see how long that lasts

Covid is a virus that sadly we are going to have to get used to some people will die from it many won't. No use bitching about it get on with life. You could walk out the door and get knocked downa dn be dead. You could live in Thailand and have more chance dieng from a road accident.

You could catch other viral disease that may or may not kill you....examlple HIV some get it and die some get it and dont. 

Personally ive worked the last 7 months straight in a country that has little or no incentive as to what covid is and people dont really care. Thats my choice and if i get covid then so be it if i die from it then thats whats to be.

• Like 1

Mate you have braincells at all. I bet you did not have a high education.

These guys are SPECULATING.

There is no vaccine now so they don't know if its only 50 or 60 % working or that it does not work on fatties. They will only know that after a vaccine is found and tested. For now its just SPECULATION

Look the word up in a dictionary. Damm is it that hard to understand that when there still is no vaccine yet you cannot say on how many people it works and if it will work on fatties or not. You just cant.

You are floundering because you are just re-transmitting what you hear in the mainstream without analysing it for yourself. What you have parroted can't stand when it is challenged. It has no purchase in the free market place of ideas.

A very small segment of the population are at risk of dying from Covid-19, which is equally true of seasonal flu. Those people should have the OPTION to be safely isolated; my body, my choice. This will allow the economy to function and for those who feel unsafe to stay at home. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

For me its not even about quarantine, I cant even go to work because my employment is rotational, so if I leave, I can not come back. If it was a simple matter of buying a ticket and paying for quarantine then it would be no problem, but its the whole convoluted mess they made of it for anyone trying to return, even their own countrymen. 

No I dont remember the lockdown because there was never any real lockdown outside of major hubs like BKK/Patts/Phuket etc. For most of the country, it was business as usual but some things closed early. Massive gigantic markets out here operating everyday, twice a day. 

I do have a bone in this, never said I didn't. Most everyone does. 

But fundamentally I do not and will ever agree with losing rights over a virus that is overwhelmingly survivable. 

You guys care so much about the statistically minuscule ones that die but dont care about the statistically significant people who will be ruined and the loss of individual liberty. 

So i was right that you had a bone in it, you just used the poor Thais for your argument.

Now I know where your coming from your own pocket. 

I do remember the lockdown as I was in BKK I am happy its done and dusted and the country back to normal. Most people are happy about this and most don't want to open the country. Plenty of polls.

You and people who are depended on going out see things differently. I understand that. I guess your not married or have a business visa (elite visa could come back too). 

But the whole covid thing sucks I will agree about that.

6 minutes ago, robblok said:

So i was right that you had a bone in it, you just used the poor Thais for your argument.

Now I know where your coming from your own pocket. 

People's mental health has suffered from the lockdown, social isolation, and fear mongering over the Coronaflu.

Have a rest. Take care of yourself.

• Like 1