Turns out, 30 day extension is nooot really a "30-day" extension

2 hours ago, WhateverDude said:

We went to Samut Prakan (Pak Nam) immigration today. We both got "under consideration" stamps that say to come back on October 14th for the "final" extension stamp. I asked if I can come back sooner, and they said to only come back on the 14th unless there is another official announcement.

So all told, my current "extension" is good for just shy of 3 weeks. For good measure, I will likely be going back with a new embassy letter for October, just to stay "officially" covered somewhat.

@WhateverDudeI will go to the same office tomorrow. Was it crowded? Trying to get 60 days extension on a non-o.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ratchetcrank said:

No TM7, just appointment and go with passport?

Yes, this is what I was told. Make appointment and just show up with a passport—although we do have to enter at the same outdoor waiting area, so who know how long they'll keep us waiting.

At that point, we'd have one week (or so) remaining of the 30-day extension we're receiving this week. So it's depending on what announcement they make between now and then that will determine what the next steps are next month. I assume they'll allow us to continue doing 1-month extensions with embassy letters until the borders fully reopen.

<removed>

Edited by ubonjoe
off topic comment removed

57 minutes ago, hanuman2 said:

@WhateverDudeI will go to the same office tomorrow. Was it crowded? Trying to get 60 days extension on a non-o.

Get there before they open at 8:30, get in good position in line. We got there about 8:15 and it was pretty much perfect. The queue got MOBBED by 9-9:30. We were out of there by 11, and that was only because they made us do two copy runs that added at least 45 minutes to the total time.

Edited by WhateverDude
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, WhateverDude said:

Get there before they open at 8:30, get in good position in line. We got there about 8:15 and it was pretty much perfect. The queue got MOBBED by 9-9:30. We were out of there by 11, and that was only because they made us two copy runs that added at least 45 minutes to the total time.

Thanks a lot. Will follow your advice.

1 hour ago, allencraig said:

Yes, this is what I was told. Make appointment and just show up with a passport—although we do have to enter at the same outdoor waiting area, so who know how long they'll keep us waiting.

At that point, we'd have one week (or so) remaining of the 30-day extension we're receiving this week. So it's depending on what announcement they make between now and then that will determine what the next steps are next month. I assume they'll allow us to continue doing 1-month extensions with embassy letters until the borders fully reopen.

Oooor... they could kick us all out while offering rich Chinese opportunities for 3-month tourist visas to "help increase tourism".

I guess the cycle will continue. Being packed and all.

Everyone arrives 21 October, receives approval...then schedules a re-up with a new set of documents from 22-26.

Especially tight given 24/25 is the weekend.

I hope that is clarified. Indefinite embassy approval extensions is fine for the duration of corona border closures. I guess.