EU-bound trucks from UK could face two-day delays after Brexit, Britain says

snoop1130

17 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

It was probably something to do with immigrants. They pretty much all voted for Brexit because of that but of course (with the exception of Loiner) will not actually admit it. 

Mentioned in dispatches again? Helloo, yes very happy to declare that immigration was one of the reasons I voted to Leave. Plenty of other reasons over 40+ plus years of UK ripping off by the EU of course, but I know you like to try and get an allegation of waycism in there. It's almost as if the saintly Remainers were actually able to mind read all those Leave voters.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Phulublub said:

So your reasons for voting to leave were so transitory and shallow that you cannot now remember what they were.  Says a lot

PH

Point well missed but that's to be expected, I suppose. My reasons for wanting out have been well explained on TV numerous times over the last 5 years. If you missed all of them there must be a reason beyond my control. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Airbagwill said:

Yes - except there was NO PAPERWORK before on ANY borders and now this

I thought this was what Brexiteers were trying to get rid of? Except of course it didn't exist before.

This has been pointed out for over 3 years and was labelled as "project fear" - now it is "getting you paperwork in order"

I spent over 25 years crossing the channel in trucks and the difference after 1992 was unbelievable and we were EU members even before then.

If there is a delay you end up paying for your goods truck and driver sat in a park waiting for the go ahead to destination - this COSTS.......that cost is passed on to the consumer.

This is not the only problem that is going to face hauliers after January, deal or no deal.....they will need permits to enter the EU and they will be limited to so many permits per year....they will also lose the right to pick up and drop loads within the EU, they will need to limit any trips to EU/UK direct.

The government knows these problems and this is why they have been sidestepping  planning regulations to build lorry parks throughout the UK. Kent is even looking like it has rejoined the EU.

But hey this is all "project fear" and won't happen????

Nobody cares about about a bunch of old truckers complaining about sitting in their cabs.

Truck ‘em, we are getting out of the EU. 

Edited by Loiner
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Airbagwill said:

I've cut and pasted this comment to facebook.

The most unbelievably uninformed comment I've seen from a Brexiteer for some time.....and that's saying something!

Through the channel ports and ferries the UK imports between 16 and 20 percent of EVERYTHING into this country. Then there are the exports as well

At present it is duty free, soon it will ALL be subject to WHO duties and the accompanying paperwork.....believe me when these delays and bureaucracy are translated into prices in the retailers a lot of people will care.

everything you buy, eat sell  has at some point been on a truck and much has come from abroad, the consequences are unavoidable

WHO? ????

19 hours ago, Phulublub said:

So your reasons for voting to leave were so transitory and shallow that you cannot now remember what they were.  Says a lot

PH

Late last night I actually posted a lengthy answer to your question. It was my opinion and factual as I see it but, unfortunately, it was removed rather quickly. Apart from the boring repetitiveness of being asked the same question over and over, this is just another reason why I find it all a waste of time. I remember the reasons well and there are even more post Brexit. Bye.

Edited by nauseus

10 hours ago, Airbagwill said:

I've cut and pasted this comment to facebook.

The most unbelievably uninformed comment I've seen from a Brexiteer for some time.....and that's saying something!

I'm going on Facebook! O.M.G. and other pre-teen girl exclamations. Do you think I will go viral? Where will it be - Remainer Truckers for Europe or something? I'm almost an influencer.

I can imagine you at Calais now, sitting sulking after not getting your paperwork done properly, wearing your hi-viz like a big girls blouse.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

I'm going on Facebook! O.M.G. and other pre-teen girl exclamations. Do you think I will go viral? Where will it be - Remainer Truckers for Europe or something? I'm almost an influencer.

I can imagine you at Calais now, sitting sulking after not getting your paperwork done properly, wearing your hi-viz like a big girls blouse.

Yeah and I can imagine you sitting at home moaning about having nothing to eat but fish. ????

12 hours ago, Airbagwill said:

I tend to agree....... have you seen the comment by Loiner????

No, show me it on Facebook will you.
If you don't like it, you could always give me a bad report on Trip Advisor too. "No stars from me, because I didn't get the right paperwork and they made me sit in the bad boys truck queue for two days. My Yorkie melted too." 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Loiner said:

No, show me it on Facebook will you.
If you don't like it, you could always give me a bad report on Trip Advisor too. "No stars from me, because I didn't get the right paperwork and they made me sit in the bad boys truck queue for two days. My Yorkie melted too." 

so not "project fear" then - you agree its groping to happen

16.000 trucks cross the channel every day - with no checks until this January - and you think pepper that will be an improvement?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Airbagwill said:

so not "project fear" then - you agree its groping to happen

16.000 trucks cross the channel every day - with no checks until this January - and you think pepper that will be an improvement?

No. I don’t agree at all.  But if a dozy trucker gets caught I do not care. 

10 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

I can imagine the Loiner household now.

Loiner "Whats for breakfast?"

Mrs Loiner "Fish"

Loiner "Whats for lunch?"

Mrs Loiner "Fish"

Loiner "Whats for dinner?"

Mrs Loiner "Languistine"

Loiner "You know I dont eat that foreign muck !!!!!!!"

????

They soon may have the choice between fish and chlorinated chicken, though if they stick with fish, the Loiner family will be healthy.

Who said Brexit wasn't a good thing?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Susco said:

They soon may have the choice between fish and chlorinated chicken, though if they stick with fish, the Loiner family will be healthy.

Why don't you discuss the topic instead of other members.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Susco said:

Hello and welcome to the party. 

You can have your chicken and eat it if you want. Fish is great too. The choice is yours, not the EU's.

Another example of Brexit taking back control. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Loiner said:

No. I don’t agree at all.  But if a dozy trucker gets caught I do not care. 

It seems you actually have no idea of the situation at all.....I know it can be hard for some to understand, it's nothing to do with "truckers".

Edited by Airbagwill

Several posts with memes have been removed along with replies.   This is a discussion and continuing to post nonsensical memes and links to comedy clips will earn suspensions.  

On 10/2/2020 at 7:28 PM, Airbagwill said:

I spent over 25 years crossing the channel in trucks and the difference after 1992 was unbelievable and we were EU members even before then.

If there is a delay you end up paying for your goods truck and driver sat in a park waiting for the go ahead to destination - this COSTS.......that cost is passed on to the consumer.

This is not the only problem that is going to face hauliers after January, deal or no deal.....they will need permits to enter the EU and they will be limited to so many permits per year....they will also lose the right to pick up and drop loads within the EU, they will need to limit any trips to EU/UK direct.

The government knows these problems and this is why they have been sidestepping  planning regulations to build lorry parks throughout the UK. Kent is even looking like it has rejoined the EU.

On 10/2/2020 at 11:01 PM, Airbagwill said:

Through the channel ports and ferries the UK imports between 16 and 20 percent of EVERYTHING into this country. Then there are the exports as well

At present it is duty free, soon it will ALL be subject to WHO duties and the accompanying paperwork.....believe me when these delays and bureaucracy are translated into prices in the retailers a lot of people will care.

everything you buy, eat sell  has at some point been on a truck and much has come from abroad, the consequences are unavoidable

On 10/3/2020 at 12:20 PM, Airbagwill said:

22 hours ago, Airbagwill said:

It seems you actually have no idea of the situation at all.....I know it can be hard for some to understand, it's nothing to do with "truckers".

You start by telling about all your predicted delays for trucks due to paperwork. Then about truckers not being allowed to tramp around Europe for loads. Then about Kent lorry parks. Then more delays and bureaucracy. Then the number of truck channel crossings.

Then you tell me "...it's nothing to do with "truckers"." Then it's hard for me to understand.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Loiner said:

You start by telling about all your predicted delays for trucks due to paperwork. Then about truckers not being allowed to tramp around Europe for loads. Then about Kent lorry parks. Then more delays and bureaucracy. Then the number of truck channel crossings.

Then you tell me "...it's nothing to do with "truckers"." Then it's hard for me to understand.

Yes - I must be hard for you. Can I suggest you familiarise yourself with trade and the UK, and the ramifications of Brexit. You clearly are having difficulty comprehending  this. you need to broaden your perception of the issues involved.

" EU-bound trucks from UK could face two-day delays after Brexit, Britain says " - is the title of the thread - if you think this is about the impact on truckers then you don't understand the OP.

This problem will affect everyone in the UK - in ways I've mentioned before. It will even affect Brits living outside the UK as the ripples spread out ...remember Brait hasn't started yet - it begins on Jan 1st.

Edited by Airbagwill
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Airbagwill said:

Yes - I must be hard for you. Can I suggest you familiarise yourself with trade and the UK, and the ramifications of Brexit. You clearly are having difficulty comprehending  this. you need to broaden your perception of the issues involved.

" EU-bound trucks from UK could face two-day delays after Brexit, Britain says " - is the title of the thread - if you think this is about the impact on truckers then you don't understand the OP.

This problem will affect everyone in the UK - in ways I've mentioned before. It will even affect Brits living outside the UK as the ripples spread out ...remember Brait hasn't started yet - it begins on Jan 1st.

I think I may have told you this before. I don’t care. 

1 hour ago, Airbagwill said:

then the only reason I can surmise for your  posts is to repeatedly show of your ignorance of this matter

Your old trucking tales and ongoing Project Fear prognostications don’t do anything to make any difference. 

Edited by Loiner

10 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Your old trucking tales and ongoing Project Fear prognostications don’t do anything to make any difference. 

Lets face it Loiner. After Johnson had to phone Ursula and beg for an extension to the trade talks its all over. 

The Brexiteers blinked first.