EU-bound trucks from UK could face two-day delays after Brexit, Britain says

snoop1130

12 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

No matter the damage it will do to the country?

Wow such a patriot.

Theres a word for people who deliberately hurt their own country. 

You'll need to master the snare before attempting a bear trap ????

Edited by evadgib

28 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Lets face it Loiner. You voted to leave the EU because if immigration.

Nothing more nothing less.

Did your gut instinct tell you we would be leaving with no deal despite what the leave campaign were saying?

Never ceases to amaze me how Remainers think they can mind read, especially of Leavers. Needless to say, they can’t. 

So how about your Frreedom instruction, was it from Mel Gibson?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Remainers knew what they were voting for.

Did you?

Does this Brexit look like the Brexit you expected?

As far as I remember, Remainers were voting for free mobile roaming across the EU and that's about all they could come up with.

Of course I knew what I wanted.

I did not know what to expect but given all of the stalling, bad leadership, ill will and an absence of common sense from both sides since the vote, the present mess is not surprising to me. 

Just now, Loiner said:

Never ceases to amaze me how Remainers think they can mind read, especially of Leavers. Needless to say, they can’t. 

So how about your Frreedom instruction, was it from Mel Gibson?

Yeah but I'm right aint I Loiner. You voted how you did because of immigration didn't you. 

Just now, nauseus said:

As far as I remember, Remainers were voting for free mobile roaming across the EU and that's about all they could come up with.

I did not know what to expect but given all of the stalling, bad leadership, ill will and an absence of common sense from both sides since the vote, the present mess is not surprising to me. 

ROFL. 

Were you even at the game caller?

The ONLY thing you can remember about the remain campaign was roaming costs? Seriously?

I am no longer surprised we left given how much detailed and forensic research the Brexiteers seem to have put into their thought process.

Mully and Sculder would be impressed.

Danascully Stories - Wattpad

8 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Yeah but I'm right aint I Loiner. You voted how you did because of immigration didn't you. 

I am very happy to declare that immigration was definitely one of my reasons for voting Leave. 

Well spotted Rookie, have you followed my posts? It wouldn’t have taken a mastermind to deduce that because it’s not a secret. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, nauseus said:

The Karens all thought they would not be allowed hols in Marbs without a Remain vote. Gullible youth were well taken in. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

ROFL. 

Were you even at the game caller?

The ONLY thing you can remember about the remain campaign was roaming costs? Seriously?

I am no longer surprised we left given how much detailed and forensic research the Brexiteers seem to have put into their thought process.

Mully and Sculder would be impressed.

Danascully Stories - Wattpad

The roaming costs did seem to be the main complaint from the remainers interviewed on TV just after the vote - yes - seriously.

I do remember that the remain campaign was full of Project Fear, lies and poor arguments in televised debates, which your champions, like Clegg, seemed to lose consistently badly.

If you had actually done any detailed and forensic research you might even have voted leave, just like Mully and Sculder would have.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, plentyofnuttin said:

Really? Which is why Gove said this?

"The UK would still be able to trade freely within Europe even if it left the EU, Michael Gove has said.

The justice secretary said the UK could be part of Europe's free trade area to avoid trade tariffs, even if it was not a member of the EU single market...

On trading, he said the UK would be part of the European free trade zone with access to the European single market but "free from EU regulation which costs us billions of pounds a year".

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-36074853

Thanks - this just proves the point I was making - bravo. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, plentyofnuttin said:

The point you were making is that the campaign was that retaining the privileges of free trade was not part and parcel of the leave campaign. Gove's remarks prove that this is an obvious falsehood. And it was obviously false during the Brexit campaign. At least obvious to Remainers. 

No it wasn't my point. You brought Gove in, I didn't.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nauseus said:

The roaming costs did seem to be the main complaint from the remainers interviewed on TV just after the vote - yes - seriously.

I do remember that the remain campaign was full of Project Fear, lies and poor arguments in televised debates, which your champions, like Clegg, seemed to lose consistently badly.

If you had actually done any detailed and forensic research you might even have voted leave, just like Mully and Sculder would have.

And yet the complaint now is we are getting horsed out of the single market.

Project fear has become project reality. 

Enjoy your empiric victory.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

And yet the complaint now is we are getting horsed out of the single market.

Project fear has become project reality. 

Enjoy your empiric victory.  

Don't know who's complaining. Must be a remanier thing. The EU rules are quite clear.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

If/when the K gets a deal with the EU, it will involve the U.K. making payments to the EU.

What makes you think this? What other countries make payments to another country to have a free trade deal? 

Edited by CG1 Blue
  • Like 2

Tool from U.K. gov. To know price rises 1 Jan.21

https://www.check-future-uk-trade-tariffs.service.gov.uk/tariff?q=&n=25&p=1

https://www.gov.uk/check-tariffs-1-january-2021

Search for your goods

You can search using:
  • A commodity code
  • The product description
  • A combination of these

This tool illustrates the UKGT’s applied rates only. It does not cover other import duties or measures, including anti-dumping, countervailing or safeguards duties, or any other form of restrictions on imports.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

I did you a favour and corrected a few typos:

I listened to both sides of the argument and came to the conclusion that the Remain campaigners had ulterior motives and the campaign was riddled with blatant lies. My opinion was that leaving the EU would be best for the UK so I voted Leave. You took the opposite view and voted Remain. We both voted for what we thought was in the best interests of our country. We're not enemies, we both voted with our hearts.

As the withdrawal progressed, I became more and more certain that I'd made the right decision and now it's pretty obvious to everyone that a no deal Brexit would be better than staying subservient to the EU and that all along Johnson has stayed resilient. It may happen, no one can bully Johnson now.

Yes, I'm delighted and I suspect many brexiteers are too now that they realise they made the right decision. However there's no way that remainers will ever admit their mistake. They blunder on spouting endless meaningless rhetoric to try to cover up the part they have played in trying to drive the country we love onto the rocks to prove a point. I pity them.

I see some common ground there. It's a move in the right direction.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, polpott said:

I'm just as much a proud Englishman as you. I want the best for my country and my children as you do.

In 1974 I voted to leave the Common Market. In 2016, I listened to both sides of the argument and came to the conclusion that the leave campaigners had ulterior motives and the campaign was riddled with blatant lies. My opinion was that leaving the EU would be a disaster for the UK so I voted remain. You took the opposite view and voted leave. We both voted for what we thought was in the best interests of our country. We're not enemies, we both voted with our hearts.

As the withdrawal progressed, I became more and more certain that I'd made the right decision and now it's pretty obvious to everyone that a no deal Brexit will do untold damage to our country and that all along Johnson has engineered a no deal brexit. It will happen, no one can stop Johnson now.

Yes, I'm gutted and I suspect many brexiteers are too now that they realise they made the wrong decision. However there's no way that they will ever admit their mistake. They blunder on spouting endless meaningless rhetoric to try to cover up the part they have played in driving the country we love onto the rocks. I pity them.

Going well until the second line before crashing back into the same old didn't know what they were voting for cobblers. Pathetic. 

• Like 2