EU-bound trucks from UK could face two-day delays after Brexit, Britain says

snoop1130

3 hours ago, puipuitom said:

NO, I repeat NO important decision can be law when the EU council = the EU member states' heads of government does not agree with.. In the British case; the UK Prime minister. 

see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voting_in_the_Council_of_the_European_Union 

After so many years a EU member, you still do not know the regulations ?

They know ...just dont want to be regulated .....

"Rules the.... " you know ????

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

But thats not what I said was it?

You have taken two points I made from two separate arguments and welded them together. 

You said there had been no job loses because of Brexit. I posted a link to a site written by a guy who knows far more about this than you do and you dismissed it. But it shows you were wrong. Again.

The point about free money was in a response to your baseless claims the EU will collapse without the UK's contribution.

I said they will still get money from the UK because of the tariffs which to the EU is free money. Its not free for the citizens of the EU who will have to pay them. But then again I also pointed out the EU citizens will most likely be able to source tariff free stuff from elsewhere in the EU. Its only going to be stuff that is unique to the UK which they will have to buy. Like Scotch Whisky. Wrong again.

Brexiteers. The only people who look at a house fire and think great. My heating bill is going to be cheaper this month.

Laughable logic. So if you went to the bookmakers and placed 5 bets of 10 pounds and won 4 bets and lost 1 bet, and I asked you how much you won today, you'd say you lost 10 pounds????? You would conclude that you had less money than you started with? You had lost money?

That would be your summary of the day's betting? You would only include the losses and not the wins? Because that is what your website link is doing. The net result (counting both sides of the equation) is a reduction in unemployment. It has reduced by 1.1%. But you only want to look at the losses because you think it proves your point about 800,000 job losses. But it doesn't, it makes you look numerically illiterate and the fact you are even trying to argue using this logic both astounds and confounds me.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Laughable logic. So if you went to the bookmakers and placed 5 bets of 10 pounds and won 4 bets and lost 1 bet, and I asked you how much you won today, you'd say you lost 10 pounds????? You would conclude that you had less money than you started with? You had lost money?

That would be your summary of the day's betting? You would only include the losses and not the wins? Because that is what your website link is doing. The net result (counting both sides of the equation) is a reduction in unemployment. It has reduced by 1.1%. But you only want to look at the losses because you think it proves your point about 800,000 job losses. But it doesn't, it makes you look numerically illiterate and the fact you are even trying to argue using this logic both astounds and confounds me.

The fact you cannot follow logic neither confounds nor astounds me. 

You are in complete denial about the damage being done to the UK because of Brexit. 

Only three months to go. Then maybe the logic will be clearer for you.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Chalk it up against £350,000,000 per week for the NHS.

Which Alexander Boris (man of the people) de Pfeffel Johnson said was an ‘underestimate’.

Ah, so now you've conceded that the 800,000 job losses was a lie. You've moved on from denial to whataboutism. We're making progress.:clap2:

As for the red bus, if I said "Let's go the beach", would you take that as a definitive promise that I was going to take you to the beach? Because to me it sounds like a suggestion. But then, English is my native language.

9 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

right,

so you can hardly have a very small population vetoing some highly needed legislation.

that is why the right to veto all and sundry as been done away with

hence, the option to say no to directives is for EEA members not in EU only

The veto has not been done away with.

Its still there for a great many issues. Including I might add, ratifying any trade deal with the UK.

And given how the UK has behaved during the course of Brexit I can see a few countries simply refusing to sign it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

The prediction for 800,000 job losses was on a VOTE TO LEAVE. Not leaving.

We voted to leave in 2016. The jobs were not lost. It was a Remainer lie.

Next.

UK - EU trade rules prior to the Brexit vote are still in place. However, as of 31/01/20 UK job loses attributed to Brexit were more than 436k. It is unknown what the final job loses tally with be, say one year after Brexit trade negotiations are finalised / No Deal.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Ah, so now you've conceded that the 800,000 job losses was a lie. You've moved on from denial to whataboutism. We're making progress.:clap2:

As for the red bus, if I said "Let's go the beach", would you take that as a definitive promise that I was going to take you to the beach? Because to me it sounds like a suggestion. But then, English is my native language.

No I do not.

I don’t accept your arguments based on timing, I doubt anybody expected Brexit to still not have happened.

Sonce Brexit has still not happened, the consequences are still developing.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, simple1 said:

UK - EU trade rules prior to the Brexit vote are still in place. However, as of 31/01/20 UK job loses attributed to Brexit were more than 436k. It is unknown what the final job loses tally with be, say one year after Brexit trade negotiations are finalised / No Deal.

But the statement was that the jobs would be lost on a VOTE TO LEAVE. Not leaving. Jeez, it's not complicated. 

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

No I do not.

I don’t accept your arguments based on timing, I doubt anybody expected Brexit to still not have happened.

Sonce Brexit has still not happened, the consequences are still developing.

It's happened. You OK?

• Like 1

Just now, JonnyF said:

I hope you never have to take a GCSE in Maths.

Question; Jack gives you 5 apples. Jill takes away 2 apples. How many apples do you have?

RookieScot; Minus 2.

image.png.fe5e5d6395889931118f533ab535bedc.png

????

You can argue semantics as much as you want. That link proves that as of the end of January over 400 000 jobs had been lost because of Brexit and we have not left yet.

Your conspired examples do not negate that simple fact. By all means carry on with your fingers in your ears shouting "La la la la" but come January the UK is going to fall on its face and people like you will be responsible for that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

But the statement was that the jobs would be lost on a VOTE TO LEAVE. Not leaving. Jeez, it's not complicated. 

matter of interpretation. Of course, based on Vote to Leave, but where are the words claiming the number of job losses in XXX period of time.

17 hours ago, Loiner said:

Serious answer:

When the government got us out of the EU was a good job. 

When the government gets us out of the transition period without capitulating to all Barnier's demands it will be a good job.

You are reasonable here :

not capitulating to all Barnier's demand.

I suppose the E.U. will consider Mr. Barnier's job as well done, if he not capitulate to all demands of Mr. Frost.

The purpose of negotiations.

17 hours ago, puipuitom said:

Brexit did not start yet. Wait till April 2021 onwards...

Indeed, good or bad is still undetermined  as per now.

For the moment we have here extra optimists and pessimists, and a few realists.

Now I am sure the U.K. and E.U. will manage,

at what price is however an unknown actually.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, evadgib said:

& that's from someone who knew full well 'wot he do'!

Leave the EU and stop all those illegals crossing the channel? There's more of them than ever crossing over to see those bluebirds over the white cliffs of Dover. Since we left the French don't give a toss any more, they're even helping them into their dingys, pointing North and saying, "That way to the land of milk and honey, much better for you than France". You were mugged.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, polpott said:

Leave the EU and stop all those illegals crossing the channel? There's more of them than ever crossing over to see those bluebirds over the white cliffs of Dover. Since we left the French don't give a toss any more, they're even helping them into their dingys, pointing North and saying, "That way to the land of milk and honey, much better for you than France". You were mugged.

Off topic Pal. Stick to stalking my avatar ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1