EU-bound trucks from UK could face two-day delays after Brexit, Britain says

snoop1130

31 minutes ago, vogie said:

You had a remainer parliament and you still lost, take some responsibility for the remainers non actions, you don't buy a raffle ticket, you won't win that prize. But nice to know so many remainers are hurting.????????????

Who's hurting? We are now at the point where we just shake our heads and laugh as the Brexiteers try to justify their actions.

You guys won the raffle and first prize was a pig in a poke. ????

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, puipuitom said:

A Gaelic confederation, consisting of Eire, Ulster, Scotland and Wales ( so, something like Belgium) ... will immediately be EU member.

I wouldn't have thought that a Gaelic confederation is likely anytime soon.

Even if it does come to pass, joining the EU will not then be an overnight job.

2 minutes ago, RayC said:

I wouldn't have thought that a Gaelic confederation is likely anytime soon.

Even if it does come to pass, joining the EU will not then be an overnight job.

No, but I can see NI rejoining the republic getting a quick pass to the EU

• Like 2

1 minute ago, puipuitom said:

A unification is a matter for the people of these potential con-f1531492189_UKonitsownonthewavers.jpg.6a58287ce8de4d14f73e6a1e0c8e2950.jpgederation members. I do not think, it will be easy. But the consequence of NOT doing so, is a EU-outer border somewhere, what many will not like. Aside of N Ireland , Scotland ( and Wales ?) being stuck with the English on the high waves, ruled by Britannia - Westminster..

we will rule the waves.jpg

Not exactly the answer he was looking for, methinks....

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, tebee said:

Really?

The Irish Freedom Party, is a national movement of the Irish people which has as its primary objective the re-establishment of the national independence and sovereignty of Ireland and the restoration of national democracy to be achieved through leaving the European Union.

The Irish Freedom Party

20 hours ago, tebee said:

Third country in EU speak simply means a country that is not a member of the EU - we have left, so we are already a third country ! The slight of hand that is transition means that we've not been affected by it yet. Even countries like Norway and Switzerland  are third countries, but they have comprehensive agreements with the EU that mitigate the effects.

But these come at a price - normally accepting EU legislation without question  and Freedom of movement.

As basic principle of Brexit, that's a price that we are not prepared to pay. Maybe the EU is prepared to make the third country listing to enable it's continued trade with the UK, which could also be jeopardised?

20 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The issue with the US chicken is quite simple, the U.K. will follow what the US determines are acceptable food standards. 

Just like the U.K. will not enact an online transaction tax because the US doesn’t want the U.K. to enact an online transaction tax.

Do as you are told by Uncle Sam and all will be well..... for Uncle Sam.

Don’t be surprisedhe , India got in first with its instructions to the U.K. to provide more visas for Indian nationals.

I’s say ‘get used to it’ though I’m not sure you’ll enjoy kowtowing to the Chinese when they start giving the U.K. orders.

Small nation with no friends - enjoy.

The issue with chicken is that is actually a non-issue. Not a problem at all.

The rest of it is all in your mind. Same as the delusions of the Remainers that we would have to follow all the diktats of the EU. Well that didn't happen either.

Edited by Loiner
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, tebee said:

Possibly but then again, any divorce between NI and the rest of the UK will take time to resolve.

If Brexit has taught us only one thing, it's that these types of separations are messy and time-consuming (ok, that's two things????)

8 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Which Alexander Boris (man of the people) de Pfeffel Johnson said was an ‘underestimate’.

Yes, Boris the PM who was restored by a landslide with a mandate to Get Brexit Done. How you bystanders can get your knickers in a twist about it is beyond me, but keeps us amused while we get out of the EU mess.

Hey what about the other man of the people - Donald Trump. Oh how we laughed when he was elected too. Looks like we will be laughing again come November. The end of this year is looking much better now, Trump again and a No Deal transition end.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RayC said:

Possibly but then again, any divorce between NI and the rest of the UK will take time to resolve.

If Brexit has taught us only one thing, it's that these types of separations are messy and time-consuming (ok, that's two things????)

The Island of ???????? will inevitably be united but it won't happen in the lifetime of anyone reading this & long after ☘️ has left the ????????.

Edited by evadgib

On 9/23/2020 at 11:25 PM, CG1 Blue said:

To me it sounds like Gove is simply warning companies to prepare, make sure paperwork is in order and make any necessary procedural changes. If companies ignore the advice there will be hold ups. Why anti-Brexiters have to be such drama queens over simple advisory announcements I'll never know. 

Of course, the Government has hired and trained up plenty of customs officials to check all this paperwork haven't they?

PH

• Like 1