Trump jeered as he visits Ginsburg's casket at U.S. Supreme Court

webfact

17 minutes ago, plentyofnuttin said:

Actually, he was upset with McCain's family for not thanking him. After all, he did it so ungrudgingly.

OK, just read about it .

Trump gave McCain a state funeral and Trump felt that McCains family were ungrateful to him .

No big deal , and completely different to what Eric claimed 

Just now, CorpusChristie said:

OK, just read about it .

Trump gave McCain a state funeral and Trump felt that McCains family were ungrateful to him .

No big deal , and completely different to what Eric claimed 

Except that it's untrue. Trump did not grant McCain a state funeral. And the reason for that is it's not the President's decision to make except in the case of former Presidents.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/did-trump-approve-john-mccain-funeral-claim-review-what-actually-happened/

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, plentyofnuttin said:

Except that it's untrue. Trump did not grant McCain a state funeral. And the reason for that is it's not the President's decision to make except in the case of former Presidents.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/did-trump-approve-john-mccain-funeral-claim-review-what-actually-happened/

You link states that that Trump authorised the use of an official aeroplane 

"McCain's casket did travel on a plane generally reserved for vice presidents and VIPs that is under the president's control. And the president has jurisdiction over the arrival and departure at Joint Base Andrews, a military facility owned by the Air Force, where the plane landed and took off."

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, plentyofnuttin said:

But not as the article noted and contrary to what Trump claimed, he did not grant permission for there to be a state funeral for McCain. Another falsehood chalked up to Trump. I guess for Trump supporters mitigating factors turn his lies into truths.

I promised myself not to keep talking about  Trump are reading everything he says and analysis his words and its meaning .

I spend way too much of my time talking and thinking about Trump  , I'm going to promise myself NOT to open any threads up about him .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, plentyofnuttin said:

But not as the article noted and contrary to what Trump claimed, he did not grant permission for there to be a state funeral for McCain. Another falsehood chalked up to Trump. I guess for Trump supporters mitigating factors turn his lies into truths.

OK, give me a link where Trump claimed to have granted McCain a state funeral .

I dont believe Trump ever claimed that 

7 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

I promised myself not to keep talking about  Trump are reading everything he says and analysis his words and its meaning .

I spend way too much of my time talking and thinking about Trump  , I'm going to promise myself NOT to open any threads up about him .

Yes it must be tiresome defending the habitual liar.

15 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

I Pointed out a lie above in post #397 and earlier today a  false claim that Trump supported the KKK and that he was a Grand Wizard (Although the last claim may have been humor) , 

1. No u didnt.

2. Humor eludes some.

3. Will be tiring for u. 20,000 of his lies to defend.

Edited by Sujo

Just now, Sujo said:

1. No u didnt.

2. Humor eludes some.

OK, could you provide a link where Trump claimed to have granted MaCain a state funeral and also a link where Trump has supported the KKK ?

Those were two claims made on this forum and I believe that both claims are lies .

Prove me wrong by posting links that verify those claims 

25 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

OK, could you provide a link where Trump claimed to have granted MaCain a state funeral and also a link where Trump has supported the KKK ?

Those were two claims made on this forum and I believe that both claims are lies .

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-tears-into-mccains-legacy-support-for-iraq-war-during-speech-to-ohio-plant-workers

one I thought you would trust

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Item #1 your hair splitting / being pedantic - you were given the link where it is clear what trump was insinuating. item#2 - you're correct, no known membership of KKK, but has a history of exploitation of 'blacks' when working with his father. trump does of course support white nationalism. as demonstrated by keeping Stephen Miller as a senior advisor.

Trump has just announced he's declaring ANTIFA and KKK as terrorist organisations. Also $500 billion incentive for the African American community, though many (majority?) will view both activities as 'vote buying' being announced so close to the elections.

https://www.mystateline.com/news/politics/trump-pledges-500b-to-black-communities-designates-kkk-antifa-as-terrorist-organizations/

Edited by simple1

6 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Item #1 your hair splitting / being pedantic - you were given the link where it is clear what trump was insinuating.

No, the claim was that Trump lied when he stated that he authorised a state funeral for MaCain , whilst the reality is that Trump never made that claim in the first place .

Trumps claim about giving MaCain the funeral he would have wanted can be explained in the way of Trump allowing Government aeroplanes to be used , which HE needed to authorize 

21 minutes ago, bunnydrops said:

“I endorsed him at his request, gave him the kind of funeral he wanted, which as president of the United States I had to approve,” Trump said."

Yes, Trump authorised Macains body to be transported in Government aeroplanes , 

13 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

No, the claim was that Trump lied when he stated that he authorised a state funeral for MaCain , whilst the reality is that Trump never made that claim in the first place .

Trumps claim about giving MaCain the funeral he would have wanted can be explained in the way of Trump allowing Government aeroplanes to be used , which HE needed to authorize 

As i said hair splitting / pedantic

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

From the link 'took credit for mccain's state funeral'.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Not going to well so far, is it?

5 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

We are talking about the people jeering him at a funeral though and whether thats acceptable behavior  , 

Seem to be talking about a whole lot of other things.

I know, I know....posters are leprechauns.

5 minutes ago, Morch said:

Seem to be talking about a whole lot of other things.

Yes,  answering a post with a random bit of abuse of a person, which has nothing to do with the question is rather odd :

Q Is it socially acceptable to disrupt a funeral ?

A Donald Trump is a blah blah blad and a blah blah blah 

6 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Yes,  answering a post with a random bit of abuse of a person, which has nothing to do with the question is rather odd :

Q Is it socially acceptable to disrupt a funeral ?

A Donald Trump is a blah blah blad and a blah blah blah 

Then nasty leprechauns at it again.

2 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Coming up with ludicrous explanations for Trump's falsehoods must be very tiring.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Some people deliberately take what he says out of context so they can call him a liar

His supporters generally baselessly allege that his comments are taken out of context in order to claim that he's not.

A state funeral was not Trump's to give. You can't authorize what isn't in your remit. 

4 minutes ago, plentyofnuttin said:

His supporters generally baselessly allege that his comments are taken out of context in order to claim that he's not.

A state funeral was not Trump's to give. You can't authorize what isn't in your remit. 

Yes, but Trump never did claim to authorise the state funeral .

10 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Yes, but Trump never did claim to authorise the state funeral .

Trump aims new blasts at McCain, claims credit for funeral

“I gave him the kind of funeral that he wanted,” Trump told reporters at a campaign-style rally in Lima, Ohio. “I didn’t get (a) thank you but that’s OK.”

https://apnews.com/article/b9cfac2db09c4aa884e9f17e5fcdf346

The kind of funeral McCain wanted was a state funeral. Trump didn't give that to him.

3 minutes ago, plentyofnuttin said:

Trump aims new blasts at McCain, claims credit for funeral

“I gave him the kind of funeral that he wanted,” Trump told reporters at a campaign-style rally in Lima, Ohio. “I didn’t get (a) thank you but that’s OK.”

https://apnews.com/article/b9cfac2db09c4aa884e9f17e5fcdf346

The kind of funeral McCain wanted was a state funeral. Trump didn't give that to him.

Trump authorised the use of Government aeroplanes for his body to be flown in , only Trump could authorise that , that is what Trump gave him