What Is The Most Popular Moderator?

Bluecat

Who do you like most as moderator?  

114 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I seem to get on ok with the main ones (George and Patrick Pong) but I didn't vote for either because I know it was one of them that banned me for a week for having a wart on my arse and discussing it.

However I, unlike most or possibly even all of the others, returned after a week and did the best to behave myself and have since respected all moderators and I am not one to bear a grudge and neither are they it seems.

Anyway, It would be unfair to choose between George and the Doc so I voted for Chanchao.

I can't remember why but there was a good reason for it.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> I do not think, that 'talkative' is important for a moderator's job.

> More the opposite, and to remain neutral is not easy.

Definitely. For me I enjoy joining the discussion too much to give that up. Almost inevitably this will lead to some serious argument somewhere down the road but that's life. I tried putting that line in my signature but still it's difficult to disagree with someone about something without that person thinking he's being reprimanded in some way. Oh well, I could always register a different nickname of course, not to hide myself but so that it's clear for everyone which hat I'm wearing..

Also the avatar probably has to go, arrogant little prat isn't he? :o

Cheers,

Chanchao

> Yeah, what is your avatar?

It's a penguin according to http://www.sanrio.com/main/charactersection/xo.html

> I saw the soft toy version today and I thought of you, though

> that's not why I voted for you.

LOL.. You wouldn't believe the royalties I get from all that stuff. If I keep going like this then soon Mickey Mouse will be toast.

Cheers,

Chanchao

I tried putting that line in my signature but still it's difficult to disagree with someone about something without that person thinking he's being reprimanded in some way.   

chanchao, that line in your signature is what got me thinking about what a good job you do, and that you really mean it, that your opinion is just an opinion.

We could use you over at the Bear-Pit.

Today, there was a big revolution over at The Bear-Pit because none of the more conservative posters trust our two main mods, although we love the old timers, tukyleith and Jeepz.

I think that all of the conservatives quit, and plan to avoid it till these guys quit or learn to suppress their political bias.

Maybe you could teach a course about your motto for newbie mods? :o

I voted for Tukyleith as he is the only one that has ever aknowledged me on this forum :o:D

He's never aknowledged me but maybe that's a good thing cause Doc Pong did and we got off to rather a bad start as a result.

...So I voted for Tukyleith also.

Candy voted for Chanchao ka :o since Doc , who is my all time fevorite admin, got so many votes already.

I remember awhile ago that CM forum was extreamly hits with that hot news, I like the way Chanchao managed that one.

Doc zaps everything that anti Thai sentimentals, love that too!

The good Dr. gets my vote.

He is always in , thats good.

Great advice, ( I feel he knows what he's talking about ) and humorus..always makes me lol.

I also think that Lopburi 3 should be a moderator....if he wants

The good Dr. gets my vote.

He is always in , thats good.

Great advice, ( I feel he knows what he's talking about ) and humorus..always makes me lol.

I also think that Lopburi 3 should be a moderator....if he wants

Lop didn't want to be a moderator Jeff. It is a dangerous job :o

Dr. Patpong gets special mention as the only moderator who hasn't thrown me off ( yet ).  :D

Hope springs eternal!........There's always time for the Dr. to change his mind. He got my vote too, as I loved his one liners just prior to the mass exodus :o

I seem to get on ok with the main ones (George and Patrick Pong) but I didn't vote for either because I know it was one of them that banned me for a week for having a wart on my arse and discussing it.

However I, unlike most or possibly even all of the others, returned after a week and did the best to behave myself and have since respected all moderators and I am not one to bear a grudge and neither are they it seems.

Anyway, It would be unfair to choose between George and the Doc so I voted for Chanchao.

I can't remember why but there was a good reason for it.

You whimp G.Scamp, fancy casting an interprovincial vote. At least the Doc has a certain flair :o Whether he was part of the inquisition or not.

p.s. tried your mobile.......Have you paid the bill yet, or is it in your g/f's name, and she hasn't paid the bill?

PM me with your ### again......

Edited by Maejo Man

Dr. Patpong gets special mention as the only moderator who hasn't thrown me off ( yet ).  :D

Hope springs eternal!........There's always time for the Dr. to change his mind. He got my vote too, as I loved his one liners just prior to the mass exodus :o

Jeez Georgie Porgie ... are you still around ? Hmmmm where's that bloody button ? :D

> Jeez Georgie Porgie ... are you still around ? Hmmmm where's

> that bloody button ?

Hey, don't ban my electorate support base or I'll start banning yours! :o:D

You may have twice as many votes as everyone else, but I'm already well on my way to form a coalition government with Tuky and Boo! :D

Cheers,

Chanchao

The doctor is way ahead, wow!

But is it for the right reasons or is it because his name is appealing to many?

I like his avatar; it makes me feel serene and peaceful inside and he says little,

doesn't jabber on and on.

"Dr P has got to win this hands down."

I suspect at least one hand has been busy pushing the log in button with a new nick to vote.

Sorry to disillusion you, but I have but one ID on Thaivisa. But now you have given me an idea. If the votes for me increase proportionately with an increase in new members, then you can wonder on intelligent grounds.

> Jeez Georgie Porgie ... are you still around ? Hmmmm where's

> that bloody button ?

Hey, don't ban my electorate support base or I'll start banning yours! :D :D

You may have twice as many votes as everyone else, but I'm already well on my way to form a coalition government with Tuky and Boo! :D

Cheers,

Chanchao

Coalitions usually fall apart, but I have faith and trust in my proposal to enter into coalition with George. An overwhelming majority of good people in first class government. For the people by the people. :o

> Just noticed thatout of 10600+ members only 55 have voted

> about 0.5%

I think we're still beating the turnout at the European Parliament elections though. :o

> Maybe the other 10545 dont like any of you!!

Now there's a sobering thought.. I think I will reflect on that for a second or two. :D

Then maitembot wrote:

> It seems that being popular is very important to some mods

:D Even more important though is that we got an obviously silly, off-topic meta-discussion thread here which is pointless and kinda fun at the same time, AND: it isn't closed or removed. (!) So in a way 'fun harmless nonsense' is the winner here. (Though I also wouldn't blame any admin or moderator from closing it or trucking it off to the sub-forum on board-questions & suggestions..)

Cheers,

Chanchao