EU, UK to step up Brexit talks to try to close 'significant gaps' over trade deal

rooster59

17 hours ago, polpott said:

Brexiteers don't need evidence. If they say it then it is. Got it?

10 minutes ago, Loiner said:

A clear case of a corrupt Remainer judiciary trying to subvert the elected government delivering their mandated Brexit. 

QED.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, transam said:

<snip>

Strange comment, Brexit was voted for by the electorate, yet remainers did everything they could to stop it. The only thing that fixed it was a general election, the electorate voted for it again.....Well didn't they..?

So what, exactly, did Remainers do to try and stop Brexit?

Mays deal, the one Brexiteers labelled as Brino? Well, as Boris' preferred deal is exactly the same as that in all intents and purposes; you must be against that deal as well and think of Boris as a Remainer!

Approximately 53% of voters voted for parties which promised a referendum on the final deal.

As a self professed champion of democracy, surely you should be demanding that democratic wish be granted?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Phulublub said:
7 hours ago, transam said:

<snip>

It seems to me that you and others here have been ducking and diving with daft comments over what the electorate has actually voted for.....Very starange...????

So the electorate voted for no deal?  I think some may have voted for the oven ready deal

Obviously a significant proportion voted for Remain or Brexit regardless of any and all arguments; because that is what they believed was best for the country.

But the result was swung by the campaigns of both sides.

Cummings and his Vote.Leave promised an easy Brexit whereby we would keep all the benefits of membership without any of the responsibilities. That is what many voted for, that is what we never stood a chance of getting.

But those false promises is why Leave won.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, transam said:

<snip>

The leave vote happened twice, the second vote confirmed, that folk like you spouting about "deal" should go sit in a corner somewhere and pick your nose instead of picking on daft add-ons......

The leave vote happened twice?

Maybe you ex pats in Thailand had a second referendum; we here in the UK didn't!

Or do you mean the last GE? The one in which 53% of voters said they wanted a referendum on the final deal?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Loiner said:

So the duly elected government was being prevented passage of the bill through a Remainer riddled parliament. Boris got one over them, only to be further thwarted by the corrupt Remainer judiciary in the Supreme Court. 

Are you hearing yourself?

Johnson got one over on them? So Johnson tried to circumvent parliament (which is sovereign) and was prevented from doing so by the highest court in the land.

Do you people actually want a dictatorship?

Because you are going the right way about it with that attitude. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

The leave vote happened twice?

Maybe you ex pats in Thailand had a second referendum; we here in the UK didn't!

Or do you mean the last GE? The one in which 53% of voters said they wanted a referendum on the final deal?

Stop saying that it upsets them. Will of the people. Sovereignty. Democracy.

Facts are Brexiteer Kryptonite.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, vogie said:

<snip>

In a nut shell, yes. If a deal wasn't to be agreed on, we leave with 'no deal' Prime Minister Cameron at the time told the whole country, it seems the leavers don't have a problem understanding this, so why should the remainers have a problem with it, maybe you don't want to believe it and cannot accept it

Personally, it's because he never said it!

He said that the decision to remain or leave was ours to make; but he made no mention of leaving without a deal.

Neither did Cummings and his Vote.Leave campaign! Indeed, whenever the consequences of a no deal Brexit where raised, Cummings dismissed the mere possibility of no deal as 'Project Fear!'

6 hours ago, vogie said:

The remainers in parliament had ample time to vote for something, they chose not to, so they are the reason where we are today and you either like it or you don't, so stop blaming everyone else, you thought you had a chance to stifle the democratic result and it has backfired on the remainers.

Whether it was Remain MPs or Boris and his clique who stopped May's deal; as it was raged against and dismissed at the time by you Brexiteers as BRINO, surely you should be grateful?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Loiner said:

look at the perilous progress through Parliament of the two previous Withdrawal Bills of 2017 and 2018.

Would this be the Sovereign Parliament that many Brexiters were saying was a major reason tey wanted out of the EU?

PH

• Like 2

6 hours ago, transam said:

Gawd, the original Brexit voting paper....????

After ALL the remainer CR_P to stop Brexit a general election was called to sort it out one way or the other..

Now take your time......Why did Boris/Tories get a landslide victory.....?

Why did only 43.6% of voters vote for Boris?

Why did 53% vote for the promise of a referendum on the deal?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

The evidence was in their judgement go have a read of it. Nearly a hundred pages.

You are the one making the claim, so it's up to you to provide the evidence.

So, whereabouts in the judgement is the proof that the Court is corrupt? Page numbers will do.

Assuming, of course, that you have actually read it and can provide them; which I doubt.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Suggest away, but you are wrong. You always are but are too pompous to admit it.

QED; you simply cannot help it; no matter how foolish it proves you to be.

All from me on your ridiculous Supreme Court corruption claims; particularly as you weren't even able to get the events of the last three years correct.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, transam said:

????.....You tell me, because I am not interested in your twaddle, I am sitting here smiling at your daily daft stuff because you lost your beloved EU...... ????

On your last point I,give the Eu about 3 years  before it tears itself apart

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kingdong said:

On your last point I,give the Eu about 3 years  before it tears itself apart

It does look like there's a lot of ruffled feathers in the remaining 27 "states"..

To me it has shown how very different folk are in Europe, thoughts, way of life, it just isn't working, except for those who are getting large handouts...????

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, transam said:

It does look like there's a lot of ruffled feathers in the remaining 27 "states"..

To me it has shown how very different folk are in Europe, thoughts, way of life, it just isn't working, except for those who are getting large handouts...????

Wait till the remaining 27 remaining states are asked to pay more tax to make up for the uks lost contribution. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1