EU, UK to step up Brexit talks to try to close 'significant gaps' over trade deal

rooster59

Just now, Rookiescot said:

How did I lose?

If Brexit happens Scottish independence is guaranteed. I win.

If Brexit does not happen then we stay in the EU. I win. 

I seriously wouldn't consider the possible partitioning of Scotland winning, even if your Uncle Boris gave you permission to have yet another referendum. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

So why is Merkel pulling the strings now......Why is she in the forefront near every day....

Wake up chap, or maybe not, you told us you are a Union deserter.....????

Think she does it just to annoy you.

But of course anyone from the EU who says anything always gets the Wrath of Trans leveled at them ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

I seriously wouldn't consider the possible partitioning of Scotland winning, even if your Uncle Boris gave you permission to have yet another referendum. 

This is where we differ Vogie. Leaving the UK would be the third happiest day in my life.

You should celebrate too. After all we Scots hate you guys.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

'Fast Food Nation' by Eric Schlosser has a particularly gross chapter called something like 'There is s&*t in your burger'. Basically, the author explains that the slaughter methods used in US abattoirs is so high speed, it is  essentially impossible to prevent contamination of meat with faeces. That is what the EU regulations are trying to prevent. 

I fully support the premise of the article that the EU is in no position to preach, but we shouldn't simply throw our hands in the air and accept even worse because we are struggling to get our own house in order. We should constantly seek better, not cash in on the worst on offer because it suits the agenda of a narrow few.

Brexit was, I understand, about betterment. US food policies are patently worse - that some seem to want to embrace this retrograde step would be genuinely bewildering, were in not for their slavishly enthusiastic support for our useless, corrupt PM. It is clear that they will support no end of debasement and degradation for our people as long as they get their precious Brexit - absolutely nothing is more important, and everything can be sacrificed at its alter. 

You know as well as I do that "chlorinated chicken" is being used to goad the leavers with, it is a load of nonsense. Remainers have got to the stage that any speck of dust is suddenly a mountain, we all drink chlorinated water and eat chlorinated washed foods from the EU nations, why aren't the remainers up in arms about that, could it be it is because it doesn't fit in with their EU dream and agenda.

What makes a club so special that we have to pay 14 billion a year just to exchange goods with them, just accept that most Brits do not want to be part of this great EU federal state experiment.

Brexit was a decision and not a debate.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

This is where we differ Vogie. Leaving the UK would be the third happiest day in my life.

You should celebrate too. After all we Scots hate you guys.

Why do you keep bringing the Scots into this, the nationalists are the problem.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RuamRudy said:

37% does not equal most Brits. In fact, most Brits either wanted to stay or were nonplussed. Barely 1 in 3 wanted to leave. 

Back into the old number twist RR, it was the biggest turnout for any UK referendum.

1 minute ago, RuamRudy said:

The only number twisting is this one,

which, if you have a basic understand of the English language, is utter nonsense. 

Really, then why a Tory landslide GE, even your lot voting for them....?       ????

Just now, RuamRudy said:

The only number twisting is this one,

which, if you have a basic understand of the English language, is utter nonsense. 

Thanks for the insult, but we are getting used to the snide remarks from the remainers after 4 - 5 years of them, although they do appear to be getting worse. 

I was just wondering though in the unlikely event the SNP were offered another referendum would you as a nationalist refuse to accept the result if the outcome was similar to the EU referendum.

Just now, RuamRudy said:

Again, not a majority - the majority of people saw through our corrupt clown of an PM and cast their votes elsewhere. Unfortunately our legacy electoral system, designed to benefit the corrupt few, handed them a win grossly out of proportion with their accomplishments. 

????........You must be on a wind up......????

You lost so it must be the system...............................????????????.......

Post of the day....:clap2:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

Thanks for the insult, but we are getting used to the snide remarks from the remainers after 4 - 5 years of them, although they do appear to be getting worse. 

What is the insult I used? Please highlight.

3 minutes ago, vogie said:

I was just wondering though in the unlikely event the SNP were offered another referendum would you as a nationalist refuse to accept the result if the outcome was similar to the EU referendum.

Hypothetically speaking, I would accept it but I would not try to claim that it had the backing of the majority of the population because this would be, if the situation was as you described, demonstrably untrue. 

• Like 2

Just now, RuamRudy said:

What is the insult I used? Please highlight.

Hypothetically speaking, I would accept it but I would not try to claim that it had the backing of the majority of the population because this would be, if the situation was as you described, demonstrably untrue. 

So you are quite happy to criticise your neighbours whilst doing exactly the same thing yourself, speaks volumes about the remainers.

26 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

You wrote "if you have a basic understand of the English language" why are you questioning whether I have an understanding, do you think I havn't? 

9 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

I await your pointing out where I insulted you. 

I do wish you would read more accurately these posts to which you hastily fire off your 'pithy' responses. My comment was about your claim that the majority of British people were supportive of Brexit. This is, as I said, demonstrably untrue. I made no comment on the validity of the outcome; that cannot be denied. 

Hey, you tried that demeaning stuff with me, perhaps we don't speak or understand your Scottish................????.................????

9 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

I do wish you would read more accurately these posts to which you hastily fire off your 'pithy' responses. My comment was about your claim that the majority of British people were supportive of Brexit. This is, as I said, demonstrably untrue. I made no comment on the validity of the outcome; that cannot be denied. 

If you are going to be pedantic about everything that anyone says, if I could draw you a picture I would, the majority of the electorate that chose to vote in the EU referendum voted to leave, now I cannot for the life in me word it any better than that.

And if my pithiness is too much for you to bare, please put me on ignore, your daily dose of insults does not add to any debate also.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RuamRudy said:

It is all about using the term that suits.

"majority of British people" and "population of England" are one and the same. The outcome of any national referendum will only ever be what England wants. Good job there has only ever been 3, and 2 of them on the same issue, doubt if there will ever be another.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

You never win.

Except when you trust those silly polls or your Twitter echo chamber. Then you lose again.????

We shall see who won and who lost in good time.

Meanwhile we have to sort out the mess that you won. ????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

How did I lose?

If Brexit happens Scottish independence is guaranteed. I win.

If Brexit does not happen then we stay in the EU. I win. 

Brexit has happened - there's no 'if' about it. When is your indyref scheduled for? 

• Like 2