EU, UK to step up Brexit talks to try to close 'significant gaps' over trade deal

rooster59

24 minutes ago, polpott said:

I see no backsliding. I see an ameturish attempt to paint the breakdown in talks as coming from the EU.

I can see your logic there but the fact is he would try to blame the EU even if he had stuck to his deadline.

And the Brexit faithful would believe him.

So I dont believe that is the reason for him backsliding. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, luckyluke said:

The actual position of the U.K. government,

which may change next year.

Better go now while it is easy, and we are welcomed, must those "refugees" thinking.

With the Good Ship Brittania drifting further and further away from the EU its only going to get easier and easier for them.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, polpott said:

With the Good Ship Brittania drifting further and further away from the EU its only going to get easier and easier for them.

Should we not start thinking how to avoid their "coming back" if the "sh&%@t" hit the fan on Paradise Island ? ????

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Regardless of the outcome of trade talks Johnson and the Brexiteers are always going to blame the EU.

For everything.

If one apply Thai logic, it is indeed.

No E.U. = no Brexit needed, no mess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, polpott said:

The "Good Ship Britannia" will be very busy keeping the EU in check for fishing in British waters, just like others are taking care of the Chinese looters elsewhere......????

PS. Plus the EU countries will still have to use English as their global communication language, now will that hurt....???? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, transam said:

More and more Brexiteers are realising what the EU is about, well, they now realise the EU doesn't want the UK to have its country back in its entirety.

It is probably way more than 52% now.

I wish I knew what the E.U. and the U.K. really want.

As per now I only read biased opinions, claiming  by each followers, as the only truth.

When I read a post mentioning something like " We all know that...", I start to be suspicious about the uprightness of the content.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, transam said:

Plus the EU countries will still have to use English as their global communication language,

I think French will be used more frequently, despite English will certainly remain the Lingua Franca.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, transam said:

Keep practicing your English, you will need it.....????

I know,  I know my shortcomings  , ????, but it wont stop me ….????

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

Only because the United States speaks a version of English.

The UK became irrelevant a long time ago.

Aaaah, yet another anti-British post from a British bloke, now please keep that up as it reminds me of your stance towards your fellow Brits....Well done. :thumbsup:

f5bf670dcf1951ac7c8055736470c438.jpg.9dd25045137c8343fd42f91d330d1c44.jpg

PS. And why does the USA speak English...?

And why is the UK irrelevant, I mean regarding your "long time ago".? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Agree with the sentiment but the reality is there are no remainers/leavers anymore, only the hard line anti EU.

I don't have any idea what the hard line anti E.U. represent in numbers in the real world.

We have here 3-4 "Hard Brexiteers" opposed to the same number of what I would call "Fervent Remainers".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, polpott said:

Yep, you need a new de Gaulle. 555

mean time until the French find a new de Gaulle they  have to do with a little Napoleon ????

Edited by david555
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Not so little apparently......British propaganda.

others they do not understand if I don't go down to their talking level ????

Soon they go find out how "little" he is when it comes to voting in E.U. parliament ????

Edited by david555
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, transam said:

The "Good Ship Britannia" will be very busy keeping the EU in check for fishing in British waters, just like others are taking care of the Chinese looters elsewhere......????

PS. Plus the EU countries will still have to use English as their global communication language, now will that hurt....???? 

As a courtesy to the Irish ! ….And to  the Scottish cause.????..?

And don't step besides your shoe's Transam ... as  American's Coca Cola & Hollywood movies  made  American English worldwide exported ……????

Edited by david555
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Well Uncle Arthur I see you managed to post your favorite picture of young Farage again.

Nothing anti British about it. Its just a fact that the UK ceased to be a world power after WW2.

It is unfortunate that such facts make you feel sad but whats to be done? 

So where does the UK come on the world financial stage in your UK "has been" world....?