EU, UK to step up Brexit talks to try to close 'significant gaps' over trade deal

rooster59

3 minutes ago, polpott said:

Not so much "lost" as stolen from us by a bunch of money grabbing Tory toffs. I'm sure they are grateful to you but not grateful enough to give you an annual rise to your state pension whilst you are sat smiling here in Thailand.

So it was Toffs that voted for Brexit and won twice...Hmmmmm, well you are up early...

Pensions have nothing to do with this thread, plus your lefty party has done what to increase my pension abroad.....?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kingdong said:

Wait till the remaining 27 remaining states are asked to pay more tax to make up for the uks lost contribution. 

That is the reason blokes from across the channel are trashing Brexiteers every day on here....????

• Like 1

Just now, vogie said:

Brexit is not about our pensions in Thailand, nor is it about people who have taken a dive in their own portfolios.

No dive in my portfolio. I have always adhered to the policy of screwing someone over before they screw me over. Hence, I receive the annual rise to my pension plus winter fuel allowance plus Christmas bonus. Up yours Boris!

• Like 2

Just now, polpott said:

Tory toffs engineered it for their personal financial gain.

Agree that no party has ever committed to giving expats an annual rise to their pension but the ball is in the Tories court and has been for a number of years now.

I think that is a bit of a daft assumption Danny, but you must remember, the populace that actually voted, voted to leave the EU were folk on the street, sorry you don't like that but it is fact.

Now we will not be a lacky to the United States of Germany......:intheclub:

2 minutes ago, sandyf said:

And then there are those that wish to implement the slippery slope, those that were voted for.

What on earth make people think the EU will ever agree with this kind of policy, manipulating the C of O regulations it would open the door to exporting low quality product to the EU.

The UK is out to force a no deal scenario then try and blame the EU.

The Commons voted by 332 votes to 279 to strike out a Lords amendment which would have required both agricultural and food imports to meet the UK’s standards after Brexit.

MPs were also denied a vote on a key measure designed to help prevent the likes of chlorinated chicken from America entering Britain.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-food-standards-mp-vote-results-b998906.html

1. You are guessing again....????

2. Your link......???? 

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

It seems to me that chlorine washed goods only becomes a problem when originating in the USA, when tainted goods or your chlorine washed salads comes from the EU it is ok, hypocrisy at its finest.

"Which came first the disinfected chicken or the EU contaminated egg."

"No, for Remain MPs and campaigners it’s all about chlorinated chicken.

Why do they whine on about this? Because the EU bans US chicken, so it must be bad. Why does the EU ban it? Mainly to protect its massive chicken factories.

It’s worth noting that the EU’s principal objection to chlorine-washed chicken from the US is not the process itself, but their claim that chlorine-washing makes US producers less likely to worry about the hygiene of their birds before they are packaged.

We suggest that the EU goes to look at chicken factories in its own backyard, if it is concerned about the welfare of birds before they go to market.

Please note: This article is predominantly about hypocrisy and double standards in the EU. The subject of animal and bird welfare provokes strong reactions in many people, but this is beyond our remit to report on in any detail."

https://facts4eu.org/news/2019_aug_chicken_and_egg

Ask the remainers how they produce tinned grapefruit, dare I mention hydrochloric acid...............????

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

BJ is gearing up for new border control despite not telling people about it while campaigning, but again, he didn't say much did he?

https://www.sfchronicle.com/business/article/English-villages-wake-up-to-find-they-re-Brexit-s-15638493.php

English villages wake up to find they're Brexit's new border

“That was never part of the actual selling and the marketing for Brexit,” she said.

What's wrong with border control depots on our own soil....?

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

Its just another example of how Brexiteers voted to leave without the slightest idea what they were voting for.

Except you. Obviously.

You have your crystal ball after all.

Oh hello again, will come up with something else soon, so you can post the same sort of thing, again, and again, and again.....................????................????

8 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

What?

Reminding you had no clue what you were voting for?

Nah never gonna get tired of doing that ????

But it seems you either cannot read or you can't believe folk like me do not want to be in the United States of Germany.....Ooooop's, I forgot, you are one of those Scots who wants to be...????.......????

• Like 2

4 hours ago, transam said:

????.....You tell me, because I am not interested in your twaddle, I am sitting here smiling at your daily daft stuff because you lost your beloved EU...... ????

while eagerly waiting for New Year's day and associated hangover twaddle may be considered as a means for passing time

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

There is no united states of Germany and there never will be.

Unless your crystal ball is telling you different?

So why is Merkel pulling the strings now......Why is she in the forefront near every day....

Wake up chap, or maybe not, you told us you are a Union deserter.....????