Poll shows majority of people disagree with pro-democracy protesters' methods

webfact

5555555555!

This poll reminds me so much of Lukashenko's election results in Belarus.  A better poll would be the last free election in Thailand where Pheu Thai crushed the competition.  Of course, any poll that produced such results would cause too much concern to the current government to be published.

I suspect that this poll pretty much only selected government employees in the Bangkok area.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, webfact said:

The Super Poll Research Centre surveyed 1,216 people nationwide

it's a joke to see check our reactions.... how can somebody call a super poll conducted on 1,216 people poll across the country. Thailand has 77 provinces and that would mean that 15,79 people per province were somehow interviewed, now how many cities/towns/amphoes (districts) per province, then how many people per city/town were accounted for....come on TV get real

Edited by Mavideol
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, webfact said:

Meanwhile, 89.9 per cent of respondents said news about political rallies would intensify the economic and Covid-19 crises, while 10.1 per cent said it would not intensify.

Ah, the news about protests will intensify the issues, not the protests themselves. There's a covid crisis? In Thailand? You call this a crisis???

I have to agree, polls should state the questions asked and should not point people in the direction of the answer the pollsters want, by framing the answers in such a way, that the only acceptable answer to a right minded person is the one the pollsters want.

Also, pollsters should not ask questions, in my opinion that could incite reprisals, or pre-empt violence, for 'self defence', or the 'they were going to get violent so I got my reprisal in first' artitude.

14 hours ago, webfact said:

Edited by Scott Tracy
Trying to get rid of the webcast quote, but failed...
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, sscc said:

This poll is NOT about  touchable Vs Untouchable. 

This poll is about violent method Vs Non-violent method. 

No, this poll is about planting seeds in the minds of the feeble and gullible. It indirectly suggests that violent methods have been/are being used and these are rejected by the majority of people. 

• Like 2

On 10/5/2020 at 8:51 AM, fasteddie said:

1,216 people don't sound like a super pole to me.

My friend, stuck here same as me, phones his wife everyday, a school teacher, and she is afraid to say rumplestiltskin on the phone.

She is convinced the phones are all tapped in LOS.

She also told my friend not to come back to soon and bring that falang disease back.

So if people are told a lie often enough, they soon start believing it, most Thais think falangs brought covid 19 in.

Edited by kiwikeith
spelling

16 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

So if people are told a lie often enough, they soon start believing it, most Thais think falangs brought covid 19 in.

Not sure about that, at my kid's junior school when anyone coughs the whole class shouts 'Wuhan'.

Back to the OP,

Last democratically elected government was overthrown by violence.

I'm thinking the current government will only leave the same way.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 1

On 10/5/2020 at 3:41 AM, asiacurious said:

Never trust a poll that doesn't publish full details.  In this case, there are absolutely NO details published.

• Who did the poll?
  • Who funded the poll?
  • How were people selected?
  • How many people were contacted and refused to participate?
  • What are the exact questions?
  • What is the order of the questions?

Then there is a HUGE problem with the questions that were "reported"

That's like asking....

If someone breaks in your home in the future, which of these actions would be unacceptable:

• Stealing your property?
  • Raping you?
  • Murdering you?

Seriously - how is something like that a poll?

Most telling of all, this poll was clearly not about anything anyone has either done or is planning to do.  It was all hypothetical about what might happen.  Here's the evidence of that:

Apparently no questions like:

Do you support the protester's call for new elections?

• Yes
  • No
  • Unsure 
  • No Opinion

Or maybe there were questions like that, but the responses didn't fit the narrative.  This seems very much like a push poll, where you ask questions to promote a specific narrative.  And you ask questions in such a way that people have no real options in how they answer.

How wrong is murder?

• Murder is always wrong
  • Murder is ok if you are a really nice person
  • Murder is great, everyone should do it

So yeah, this poll is basically garbage.

Lack of information concerning polls is to me the same as declaring it a news bite from whoever is in power.