'Don’t be afraid' of virus, Trump says as he prepares to leave hospital

webfact

1 minute ago, sucit said:

I wonder if these medical bills are public record. This has got to be quite a high amount on the treatment. I wonder if I would get the same treatment visiting my local clinic. 

You can get the same treatment. If you pay for it. Why should anything be for "free". Doctors don't work for "free". Trump already did allot to open the US market for generic drugs and lower the costs of drugs significantly. I expect the costs of the Remdesivir treatment to go down from $3.5K to maybe a few hundred USD$ thanks to Trump

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

Does it matter what the rest of the world think? Have you seen the crowds he attracts at campaign rallies. He's more popular than you think, but the Democrats are making it hard for people to come out and admit they like him.

You really got to come to grips with reality. 
So sad you still living in your fantasy. 

https://nation.africa/kenya/news/world/trump-holds-rally-but-crowd-disappoints-733850

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/trump-furious-underwhelming-crowd-tulsa-rally-n1231674

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Rambo69 said:

So what's your point.

The same I made above. You were simply and flatly wrong in your prior comment where you claimed:

You can get the same treatment. If you pay for it.

As the comment above from the Regeneron company spokeswoman illustrates, no, you and I and other members of the public can't.

I did NOT comment on the related issue of the merits of the president, any president, being given an experimental medicine that's not available to the general public.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, stevenl said:

The point is you make incorrect claims, and when called out come with more incorrect information and what you consider a personal attack. And no, he is not risking his life for otgers.

He is taking any opportunity offered to him, also at no cost, and he will be part of a trial, he is doing this only for himself and his self preservation, (as we probably all would, given the chance) there is nothing humanitarian in his accepting "trial" treatment".

He is a survivalist narcissist 

Edited by RJRS1301
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, stevenl said:

The point is you make incorrect claims, and when called out come with more incorrect information and what you consider a personal attack. And no, he is not risking his life for otgers.

Taking an "experimental drug" is a risk

3 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The same I made above. You were simply and flatly wrong in your prior comment where you claimed:

As the comment above from the Regeneron company spokeswoman illustrates, no, you and I and other members of the public can't.

I'm pretty sure the worlds elites can. But I asked "what's your point" and you dodged that question. So let me answer it for you. You think you should have the same rights and privileges as the President of the US. If you think the Dems or anyone else will ever grant you your wishes I have some ocean view real estate for sale on Mars

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rambo69 said:

I'm pretty sure the worlds elites can. But I asked "what's your point" and you dodged that question. So let me answer it for you. You think you should have the same rights and privileges as the President of the US. If you think the Dems or anyone else will ever grant you your wishes I have some ocean view real estate for sale on Mars

I did NOT comment on the related issue of the merits of the president, any president, being given an experimental medicine that's not available to the general public.

23 minutes ago, Rambo69 said:

You think you should have the same rights and privileges as the President of the US. If you think the Dems or anyone else will ever grant you your wishes I have some ocean view real estate for sale on Mars

In not a US citizen but if I were, then when it comes to medical care I would say that yes, any US citizen, under a just and equitable health care system should have access to the same health care facilities and treatments as the President.

And the Democrats could quite conceivably offer that if they set up a 'single payer' health system such as many countries around the world have. Under these systems, everyone would get the same treatment and medicines as even a leading politician. For instance Boris Johnson was treated in a regular, NHS hospital for CoVid-19 and did not receive any different treatments to what any other citizen would have.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, J Town said:

I quote scientists, you quote loons. Not opinions, science based facts. You know, the things 45 supporters deny, ignore, lie about, deflect or obfuscate.

If you honestly believe, that scientists do not have their very own biases and agendas, I don't know what to tell you.

This is true for EVERY field, and while they should be held to a higher standard, they often go for the same pitfalls as all the rest of us.

Remember the scientist, who predicted 2+ million deaths in the first year or so alone (just in the US)? Some are nay-sayers to their very core, some do it out of a personal dislike, others just have very strong confirmation bias, and just ignore everything, that doesn't fit the narrative they have constructed for themseves.

There are most likely other scientists out there, who will say the opposite. And if you want to criticize Trump for ANYTHING Corona related, where is that same criticism (or worse criticism) regarding Biden? Do you need to me to fish out everything Biden has said, wishy-washy'd around on, etc? Or are you actually capable of doing it yourself? Not so sure, with some of you...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, FarangULong said:

<snip>If you want to criticize Trump for ANYTHING Corona related, where is that same criticism (or worse criticism) regarding Biden? Do you need to me to fish out everything Biden has said, wishy-washy'd around on, etc? Or are you actually capable of doing it yourself? Not so sure, with some of you...

Who is president again?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Whether or not you are afraid of Covid is a personal choice. Personally, I am not. However, what people should really be afraid of is an infected person, who continues to behave like a fool. That makes him a dangerous man, which I have always considered him to be. Reckless and way too self important to take basic precautions. He has humiliated himself to no end, by denying the effects of the virus for months, then getting infected, and becoming a super spreader within the White House. 

No worries. He is gone, baby gone in a few months. Enough of his chaos and stupidity. 

I'm not a fan of Trump either,

but since im not American i don't really have any say in it.

The one and only thing i care about is getting the world back to some semblance of a normal life..

because this ain't it and what it is now aint worth living in!

Im probably selfish here, but getting international travel happening again and being re-united with my Thai life and Thai partner is my number 1 priority.

Biden is an old guy.

Hes obviously scared out of his wits with this bogeyman flu, and he seems confused a good deal of the time.

I think a vote for Biden is gonna see more lockdowns,

possibly a roll out of worse OTT restrictions, more laws squashing personal freedoms..

Basically, more fear and NO LIFE for the foreseeable future.

Its a choice between two duds really, but  

i think Trump has more show of getting things going again.

If Biden does win, most likely he will be to terrified to even step foot in Whitehouse with all the nasty traces of Covid,

it will be back in the basement for him.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kelsall said:

President Trump is absolutely right in telling us to not be afraid.  The virus has a high transmissibility rate but a low mortality rate.

More than 200,000 dead, and a Trump sycophant still tries to spin things as 'nothing to see here'.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rambo69 said:

You can get the same treatment. If you pay for it. Why should anything be for "free". Doctors don't work for "free". Trump already did allot to open the US market for generic drugs and lower the costs of drugs significantly. I expect the costs of the Remdesivir treatment to go down from $3.5K to maybe a few hundred USD$ thanks to Trump

Is this like some variation on the infamous 'let them eat cake'?

• Like 1

White House prepared for Trump to return to Oval Office

By Kevin Liptak, CNN

Updated 1436 GMT (2236 HKT) October 7, 2020

Washington (CNN) — President Donald Trump's aides were preparing for him to return to the Oval Office on Wednesday, an eventuality one senior official seemed to believe was so inevitable he mistakenly claimed it already happened.

After Larry Kudlow, the director of the National Economic Council, said in an interview that Trump had been working from the Oval Office a day after returning from the hospital, the White House quickly clarified the President remained isolated in his residence.

But few seemed to think that would last much longer, even though he is carrying an active case of coronavirus.

Read full article: https://edition.cnn.com/2020/10/07/politics/trump-oval-office-coronavirus/index.html

7 hours ago, Rambo69 said:

Three news sources stating that Trump has signed executive orders.  The orders have not been implemented and will be challenged in courts.

Got any news sources showing drug prices across the board are lower?

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, FarangULong said:

If you honestly believe, that scientists do not have their very own biases and agendas, I don't know what to tell you.

This is true for EVERY field, and while they should be held to a higher standard, they often go for the same pitfalls as all the rest of us.

Remember the scientist, who predicted 2+ million deaths in the first year or so alone (just in the US)? Some are nay-sayers to their very core, some do it out of a personal dislike, others just have very strong confirmation bias, and just ignore everything, that doesn't fit the narrative they have constructed for themseves.

There are most likely other scientists out there, who will say the opposite. And if you want to criticize Trump for ANYTHING Corona related, where is that same criticism (or worse criticism) regarding Biden? Do you need to me to fish out everything Biden has said, wishy-washy'd around on, etc? Or are you actually capable of doing it yourself? Not so sure, with some of you...

I don't remember a scientist that gave an unqualified prediction of 2+ million deaths.  Please provide a source.

• Thanks 1