Thailand targeting seven-day quarantine for tourists

webfact

12 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Sure. And what about the no. of stars of these hotels, a few are 4 star, many/most are 5 and even 6 star hotels.

Many many tourists come to Thailand for a cheap holiday, normally (my guess) they would stay:

- A very small number in 4 star hotels.

- Even less (very few) in 5 and 6 star hotels.

- Large / very large numbers in 3, 2, 1 star hotels.

If they have any interest at all to come to LOS for a holiday (including quarantine), it won't include quarantine in 4, 5, 6 star venues. They just won't come.

Therefore a need for many quarantine hotels at 3, 2, 1, star level. 

Not rocket science.

eerrr you are coming from the wrong direction, it is about what they can get not what the Farangs may want, how are they going to get maxx payloads using 3.2.1. star hotels ? They have already mentioned a slimmer Quarantine shape, you can not have everything ,they are already all aimed at one island (Phuket) = lots of empty High end Hotels.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

I understand that quarantine thing,but why they have to separate between high and low risk countries if they all have to quarantine.Makes absolutely no sense.Every tourist has corona insurance so if they arrive with the virus their treatment is paid for already

I think they are worried about a super spreader event.  Like the one from Lumpini Park Boxing Stadium.

Just watched the Thaiger he say they polled 1300 Thais and they don’t really want tourists.  This first 6 months has been a little rough for some Thai. Wait till they see how the next 6 feels. Lotta good deals for us Dirty rich farang and of course the nice Chinese

• Like 2