Video: Three injured in attack "by restaurant bouncers"

webfact

Video: Three injured in attack "by restaurant bouncers"

9pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Sanook said that Bang Khen police were called to a restaurant in Saphan Mai in northern Bangkok after violence erupted.

They suggested a policeman was one of the injured. 

A video posted on Facebook showed a group of men thought to be bouncers attacking a man on the floor who was already unconscious.

Despite pleas to stop they persisted.

He was later dragged away to an area where two others were hurt.

Those involved have reportedly surrendered to police.

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-10-08

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, jobsworth said:

These security guards are everywhere. Just do not enter if they look bad.

So, you mean that they just randomly pick you out and you risk being beaten unconscious? I guess the guy had to have done something for getting such anger from the guards.

However, I am absolutely not saying that they are acting the right way, and they have absolutely no right to use such amount of violence on a person.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Crusader said:

Well, if a restaurant needs to have bouncers...it certainly would not get my custom.

It´s not really only a restaurant. This is what is considered to be a outdoor night club for the younger and middle aged Thai population.

They usually have a bar area, a stage and live band playing as well as an open area where many people are dancing.

Edited by Matzzon

I only see a few bermins in the video

19 hours ago, webfact said:

A video posted on Facebook showed a group of men

Men? I only see a few Vermins in the video

Edited by Tarteso

Why would a restaurant need "security guards" like this? Protection?

Bouncers are needed for nightclubs, bars, entertainment venues etc. Is this restaurant more of a clubby type place.

Bouncers here behave like some UK bouncers did in the 70s and 80s. Often looking for the slightest excuse to all jump in and do somebody. Enjoying building up their ego. The law eventually sorted the industry out. Now they are regulated, must be trained, must be trained in first aid, and restrain and remove. Police and Special constables were not allowed to work as bouncers or security, for very obvious reasons. Off duty soldiers did though.

Wife's been filling me in per Thai TV news. Victims were a bit tipsy and flirty with female customers. Turns out female customers are GFs of the guards. Why you would patronize your BF's job where things like this are likely is beyond me. Guards are all ex-Army, fueling their hotheaded tendencies. Restaurant was found to have been operating without a license and has been shut.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I read somewhere that the 2 policemen were customers. were drunk, unruly, abusive to other guests and asked to leave. Being arrogant police I'm sure they considered themselves untouchable.

However I do agree with most other comments about security guards.  

51 minutes ago, happyaussie said:

I read somewhere that the 2 policemen were customers. were drunk, unruly, abusive to other guests and asked to leave. Being arrogant police I'm sure they considered themselves untouchable.

However I do agree with most other comments about security guards.  

In Thai news it was also suggested that the ‘three unruly customers’ beat up one of the security before all the other security kicked them out and then set about them. 

Thus: 3 idiots drunk idiots making a nuisance of themselves, they beat up security 3 on 1, then the the security return the favour 5 on 3. 

This is not a restaurant, its a Thai style night-club - but also serves food and thus operates under a ‘restaurant licence’ rather than an 'entertainment licence' which is far more difficult to get hold of. 

On 10/9/2020 at 8:21 AM, phetphet said:

Don't know if it's true, but a Thai told me that the bouncers were boys in green and the victims BIB. 

as was told to me ....Army vs 2 policeman