Trump, positive for COVID-19, says won't participate in virtual debate

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Eric Loh said:

Trump backed off the Town Hall virtual debate but on the same day he will hold a Town Hall virtual rally. Nuff say he chickened out and his aides fear another melt down madness display. He rather settled for a one way propaganda super spreader rally. Tragic and sad. 

he's also hosting an event at the White House tomorrow. Rose Garden 2.

18 hours ago, honcho said:

GO DONNY!!! the cheating leftists demoncrats will destroy the freedoms we have all enjoyed and lick chinas back side so we will all be safe locked up on our couch living a virtual world with our huwaiwai tablets

Go Donny . Exercise your freedom of assembly and hold big indoor rallies every day till the end of the month .

Donny is so smart he is holding rallies to reach out to the votes he already has and not waste time on a socially distanced debate that goes far beyond his base .

Biden is going to have a big job putting the lipstick back on the pig .

• Sad 1

Trump has excellent instinct. Probably typical for top echelon business moguls. I think events support his decision to pull out of the unagreed on virtual debate. There is just too much opportunity for cheating. Debate moderator Mr. Steve "No, Not Trump, Not Ever" Scully, should not have been chosen after his partisan tweet in 2016. This was doubly confirmed after his apparent bungled attempt to send a PM to fired Trump hater Scaramucci asking for advise. I am relieved the FBI and Twitter are finally investigating. His 3rd alleged time to be hacked(oh really!), I wonder if it was Russians? or just a dreadful excuse. I know where my bets are placed.

https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-presidential-debate-moderator-steve-scully-never-trumper-1537950

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, simple1 said:

From your link:

The Commission on Presidential Debates has stated publicly that the tweet was not sent by Scully himself and is investigating with the help of authorities. When additional information is available, we will release it."

Seems an irresponsible statement by the commission. Seeing as the FBI and Twitter are investigating the claim, it would appear there is no concrete evidence at this stage to allow making statement of fact, so the above should have read "tweet was allegedly not sent by Scully".

My thoughts on this are that seeing Scully already made the inappropriate tweet No, Not Trump, Not Ever in 2016 he is not impartial, and should not have been considered to be a debate mod. His claims he was already hacked twice before after badly received tweets suggest his credibility is lacking IMO. Most people would delete their twitter account after the 1st "hack" and surely after the 2nd time?

Let's see what the Feds turn up....

• Haha 1

On 10/9/2020 at 9:52 PM, ukrules said:

Didn't she make a career out of sending people to prison for exactly this kind of thing?

Both she and Biden have been horrible to people of color. The incarceration policies he put in place to put people of color into private prisons is modern day slavery.

• Confused 1

On 10/9/2020 at 2:36 PM, Silurian said:

The betting odds are just brutal towards Donald. Biden is smart to dictate the rules of a debate to be virtual. Biden doesn't even need to bother with debating the highly contagious COVID-19 infected Donald.

Betting Odds - 2020 U.S. President

image.png.40dd3180807b106c44e2be39dac021e8.png

And the astonishing thing, is that this tone deaf guy, just can't see it. He is becoming less popular by the day. And do you understand what that means? He is losing his all important base. They are the defectors. That is all he ever had, and he is managing to alienate them too. A true psychopath. 

• Like 2

but ever the showman trickster.......

Trump reportedly wanted to rip open his button-down to reveal a Superman T-shirt to surprise people when he left the hospital

• President Donald Trump floated an idea to surprise observers by ripping open his button-down shirt and reveal a Superman t-shirt underneath, according to a New York Times report.
  • Trump made several calls during his stay at the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center last week, in which he proposed the idea of first appearing physically weak to observers.
  • Upon leaving the hospital, he would rip open a button-down dress shirt to reveal a shirt with the infamous Superman logo, The Times reported.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-superman-shirt-hospital-coronavirus-2020-10

give it up, mr. T, keep your shirt on, you ain't no putin!

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, J Town said:

Both she and Biden have been horrible to people of color. The incarceration policies he put in place to put people of color into private prisons is modern day slavery.

As has been explained, when Harris was a prosecutor her job was to prosecute crimes, not choose which crimes to prosecute.

The crime bill Biden supported was not intended to target people of color.  It's called "The Law of Unintended Consequences", and intelligent people learn from it.

The upcoming election will be a referendum on Trump.  I hope people have learned from the consequences of electing him.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

No matter, the electoral college stopped Clinton being elected so it worked as it should have, IMO.

Speaking in a country with proportional representation, IMO it sucks is a terrible system that allows bad parties with minimal support to influence politics. Far better IMO to have a choice of two only.

Right---why have a system where many parties can represent many points of view and elect representatives that must reach compromises?  Better to have two parties going to increasing extremes to appeal to the fringe elements of their bases.

Edited by heybruce
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

No matter, the electoral college stopped Clinton being elected so it worked as it should have, IMO.

Speaking in a country with proportional representation, IMO it sucks is a terrible system that allows bad parties with minimal support to influence politics. Far better IMO to have a choice of two only.

Does NZ have a treshold like Germany, where a minimum of 5 percent must be obtained in order to be represented in parliament? But even if not, it will still be around that mark. And imo 5 percent is not minimal support. And should be enough to influence politics 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Morch said:
11 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Trump has excellent instinct. Probably typical for top echelon business moguls. I think events support his decision to pull out of the unagreed on virtual debate. There is just too much opportunity for cheating. Debate moderator Mr. Steve "No, Not Trump, Not Ever" Scully, should not have been chosen after his partisan tweet in 2016. This was doubly confirmed after his apparent bungled attempt to send a PM to fired Trump hater Scaramucci asking for advise. I am relieved the FBI and Twitter are finally investigating. His 3rd alleged time to be hacked(oh really!), I wonder if it was Russians? or just a dreadful excuse. I know where my bets are placed.

https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-presidential-debate-moderator-steve-scully-never-trumper-1537950

And the bottom line of the link above is:

Rating: Mostly False

While Scully did once work for Democratic politicians including Biden, like Trump claimed to Hannity, there is not enough evidence to support the president's assertion that Scully is part of the "Never Trump" movement.

Both C-SPAN and the Commission on Presidential Debates have stated Scully did not author the tweet to Scaramucci.

Spin away.

Gladly. I took the liberty of equating Steve Scully's now infamous tweet "No, Not Trump, Not Ever" as meaning "Never Trump". Anyone trying to argue that the 2 have different meanings would be intellectually dishonest. Queue the Newsweek article that states exactly that. So even though Scully stated No, Not Trump, Not Ever, Newsweek say-

"there is not enough evidence to support the president's assertion that Scully is part of the "Never Trump" movement."

So for credible source Newsweek, Not Ever does not mean Never. Word games, straight lies, hungover editor? Who knows, but it is ridiculous and farcical right?

1 hour ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Gladly. I took the liberty of equating Steve Scully's now infamous tweet "No, Not Trump, Not Ever" as meaning "Never Trump". Anyone trying to argue that the 2 have different meanings would be intellectually dishonest. Queue the Newsweek article that states exactly that. So even though Scully stated No, Not Trump, Not Ever, Newsweek say-

"there is not enough evidence to support the president's assertion that Scully is part of the "Never Trump" movement."

So for credible source Newsweek, Not Ever does not mean Never. Word games, straight lies, hungover editor? Who knows, but it is ridiculous and farcical right?

No, that's just you playing the very same word games you pretend be 'outraged' about. If you do not consider Newsweek a credible source why did you bother quoting it as support? Try harder.

6 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

How about Anthony Scaramucchi? Would he be a credible source? When interviewed live on TV he stated categorically that the tweet didn't come from Scully and was sure his account had been hacked.

On 10/11/2020 at 1:04 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

So Hillary Clinton was the person that the authors of the Constitution had in mind when they created the Electoral College. Interesting.

On 10/11/2020 at 2:04 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

The electoral college was put in place to stop someone being president?

• Haha 1

On 10/11/2020 at 6:30 PM, Morch said:

No, that's just you playing the very same word games you pretend be 'outraged' about. If you do not consider Newsweek a credible source why did you bother quoting it as support? Try harder.

After this logic bending conversation with you I emailed Newsweek to ask if they are sure "Not Ever" does not mean the same thing as "Never" in this context, and for them to reconsider such an inflammatory and false statement. Newsweek changed their text now, to (of course!) agree with me. How satisfying.

Lesson is, if you never try, you never win.

"Scully did once work for Democratic politicians, including Biden, like Trump claimed to Hannity, but more importantly, his 2016 tweet, "No, Not Trump, Not Ever," provides sufficient evidence for him to be considered a "Never Trumper."

The rating of this claim has been changed from Mostly False based on information obtained Thursday, October, 15"

So much better!

• Like 1

On 10/16/2020 at 1:44 PM, TopDeadSenter said:

After this logic bending conversation with you I emailed Newsweek to ask if they are sure "Not Ever" does not mean the same thing as "Never" in this context, and for them to reconsider such an inflammatory and false statement. Newsweek changed their text now, to (of course!) agree with me. How satisfying.

Lesson is, if you never try, you never win.

"Scully did once work for Democratic politicians, including Biden, like Trump claimed to Hannity, but more importantly, his 2016 tweet, "No, Not Trump, Not Ever," provides sufficient evidence for him to be considered a "Never Trumper."

The rating of this claim has been changed from Mostly False based on information obtained Thursday, October, 15"

So much better!

You did not email Newsweek, and they did not correct their story based on anything relating to imaginary input by yourself. My previous comments stand, and even more so - credible media venues check their stories and correct them. That's how it works.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1