Bali retirement vs TH retirement during covid--Amazing difference

steelepulse

On 10/9/2020 at 7:11 AM, steven100 said:

Indonesia ....  no thanks,  they hate farang worse than Thailand ...   lol

Actually after my last trip to Bali I felt like I had just visited Australia so took that holiday off the list. Not bad people but I was kind of hoping to see some locals.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/9/2020 at 7:18 AM, Puchaiyank said:

Are you trying to say that Thailand is not the most wonderful place on earth?  

Be very careful...you may ruffle some feathers!

No its probably not as good as the biggest Muslim country in the world...........and the site of the biggest farang tourist killing,   212 dead, maybe we should all locate..........:coffee1:

• Like 2

On 10/9/2020 at 7:58 AM, tonray said:

You make the mistake of associating the vast majority of the population with a handful of radical elements. Just as we shouldn't judge the UK by the covidiots protesting in the streets of London against wearing masks, or the USA due to Trumpsters planning a race war or kidnapping a Governor.

Indonesian mass killings of 1965–66

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indonesian_mass_killings_of_1965–66

Discrimination against Chinese Indonesians

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discrimination_against_Chinese_Indonesians#:~:text=Ethnic Chinese were the largest,homes were burned%3B Mely G.

In Indonesia, 1998 violence against ethnic Chinese remains unaddressed

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2010-jul-04-la-fg-indonesia-chinese-20100704-story.html

6 hours ago, tonray said:

And I might add he is likely not aware that the island of Bali is overwhelmingly Hindu vs the rest of Indonesia if that is what he's <deleted> about.

Yes Its mainly Hindu----but that didn't stop the Bombing.

Its not so much that, as Bali is Tiny---I mean when you visit the place you can do the island tour in half a day. Great for a week or 2, after a while it would drive me nuts. No girls guests in hotel rooms in many places. In fact no girls to even clean your rooms----has to be boys.

If he has given up on his first choice of a country he wanted to retire in........... then he is probably much better off not coming here...as he will just join the mob whining about the how hard the 90 day reports are that you can do on a computer 3 times a year.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 10/9/2020 at 1:11 AM, steven100 said:

Indonesia ....  no thanks,  they hate farang worse than Thailand ...   lol

don't be so silly your profile picture speaks volumes,       brown nose enters the mind.
 so you have a picture of the Thai general as your profile picture but then again you're saying and admitting the Thai's hate foreigners just a little bit less than the Balinese people.

I'm sorry but you're not making much sense

Edited by nomad2019
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, steven100 said:

excuse me. I asked why do Indonesians burn flags if they are so welcoming and friendly.

They don't even go that far here in Thailand and they don't want foreigners either.

also,  learn to spell correctly. 

Your post confirms what the post you replied to said.

Who Can Apply for a Retirement Visa in Indonesia?

You can apply for a Retirement Visa for Indonesia if you fulfil the requirements below:

• You are at least 55 years of age
  • You do not intend to work in Indonesia
  • You have a pension or other means of sustaining yourself financially in Indonesia without having to work (at least US$ 18,000 per year)
  • You obtain health insurance in Indonesia
  • You sign a rental agreement for a period of at least 1 year
  • You will hire a maid/domestic helper or a driver in Indonesia

This type of visa has a lot of benefits, which other residential visas do not allow, such as:

• You can open an Indonesian bank account
  • You can get a local driver’s licence
  • You can receive a Multiple Exit Re-Permit (MERP), which allows you to leave and re-enter the country as many times as you need
  • You can buy and register a car on your name
  • You will be privy to local prices and discounts

What Is the Duration of a Retirement Visa for Indonesia?

A Retirement Visa for Indonesia (Retirement KITAS) is issued for a period of one year, and it can be renewed annually for up to five years. After five years of temporary residence (KITAS), you become eligible for a permanent residence permit, known as KITAP.

Indonesian Retirement Visa

• Thanks 2

On 10/8/2020 at 7:36 PM, steven100 said:

Then why do they burn the Australian and US & UK flags every so often then ,   funny way of friendly and welcoming ...   lol

image.png.5514bae818d17656c1ff62c8ec1005c3.png

image.png.4c3b995d26cf22f50d707d2e7597e7f5.png

image.png.77e3c946e54ee59285268d3f19de86d3.png

Steven I think you owe the good muslim people of Indonesia an apology - I could be mistaken but the extremist in the photo burning the UK flag looks a lot like Chomper Higgot.

• Haha 2

On 10/9/2020 at 2:28 PM, connda said:

Pre-Covid I had what I thought was a solid Plan-B.  Now I've got to reassess.  So, always interested in options.

In last years Phillipines, Cambodia, Indonesia, Vietnam, Malaysia all have easier Visas options pre corona than Thailand !

Edited by Destiny1990
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Chris.B said:

Who Can Apply for a Retirement Visa in Indonesia?

You can apply for a Retirement Visa for Indonesia if you fulfil the requirements below:

• You are at least 55 years of age
  • You do not intend to work in Indonesia
  • You have a pension or other means of sustaining yourself financially in Indonesia without having to work (at least US$ 18,000 per year)
  • You obtain health insurance in Indonesia
  • You sign a rental agreement for a period of at least 1 year
  • You will hire a maid/domestic helper or a driver in Indonesia

This type of visa has a lot of benefits, which other residential visas do not allow, such as:

• You can open an Indonesian bank account
  • You can get a local driver’s licence
  • You can receive a Multiple Exit Re-Permit (MERP), which allows you to leave and re-enter the country as many times as you need
  • You can buy and register a car on your name
  • You will be privy to local prices and discounts

What Is the Duration of a Retirement Visa for Indonesia?

A Retirement Visa for Indonesia (Retirement KITAS) is issued for a period of one year, and it can be renewed annually for up to five years. After five years of temporary residence (KITAS), you become eligible for a permanent residence permit, known as KITAP.

Indonesian Retirement Visa

Very straightforward  simple retirement Indonesian visa plan. ????

• Like 1

On 10/8/2020 at 8:20 PM, smutcakes said:

If he wants to retire in Thailand, could he hunker down and wait a few more months until Thailand becomes viable? There are many people, in many different situations, many probably more important cases than your friends retirement wanting to and needing to enter Thailand at the current time. First Thailand needs to get the business travelers back (easier to control than wholesale tourism), then they can concentrate on workable solutions for others wanting to enter.

Your friend has worked for 30 years, surely he can wait another 6 months or so if Thailand is his 1st choice rather than setting down roots in a country which is albeit a close second for retirement. He maybe living retired for 20+ years, so better to hold out and go where he really wants.

Doesn’t This Seem To Make The Most Sense? vs Constantly Bashing The Thai Government, Pointing Out Their Faults? Many People Here Consistently Showing Their Inner Resentment And Bitterness. 

• Haha 2

On 10/8/2020 at 8:36 PM, steven100 said:

Then why do they burn the Australian and US & UK flags every so often then ,   funny way of friendly and welcoming ...   lol

The middle one is a trump flag..I have some sangsom to pour on that fire......cant say I blame em...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Very straightforward  simple retirement Indonesian visa plan.

7 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

You will hire a maid/domestic helper or a driver in Indonesia

yes pay someone a wage every week...................and you must show half a million baht every year

• Confused 1

On 10/9/2020 at 7:36 AM, steven100 said:

Bali although part of Indonesia is predominantly Hindus....the photos you show are in Bali???....Ive actually seen more flag burning in US and UK...Bali is probably still one of the most beautiful places in the world however corruption is rife and parts are full of Aussie rednecks similar to the Brits in Ibiza.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Max69xl said:

Use google search and type "how to retire on bali" or similar. You retire in Thailand starting on a 90 days Non-immigrant O Visa which you then extend 1 year, or you start with a 30 days or 60 days tourist and then change it to a 90 days Non-immigrant O. This is so easy if you have half a brain and it's fast.

You will never complain about that procedure if you read how to apply for a retirement visa on Bali. OP mentions the cost, but has his friend really gone through the procedure, or even know about it? I doubt it. I went through it online and it's tedious and it always involves an agent,because it's totally impossible to do it yourself. Check it out if you know how to use google. I think many foreigners have changed their mind about retirement on Bali when they realized how much work it is. I did. 

My friend did go through with it and he's already got the visas in hand for him and his wife.  You pays your money, you get the service.  End of story.

Compare that to the on again off again, you can and now you can't come in from the Thai government.

Edited by steelepulse
  • Like 1