Single Entry Tourist Visa Started

Maby the first Thai embassy in the world, Thai embassy of Finland has started to accept Single entry tourist visa applications with some additional conditions. Previously they announced green light for new special tourist visa.

Documents needed for Single entry tourist visa:

Tourist Visa started 9.10.2020

9 Oct 2020

You can submit the visa application only by post (address: Royal Thai Embassy, Lönnrötinpuistikko 5A2, 00120 Helsinki). Please make sure that the application arrive the embassy at lease 3 weeks before intended date of departure).

All non-Thai passengers who are allowed to enter Thailand can apply for the Certificate of Entry at Royal Thai Embassy

TOURIST VISA

This type of visa will be issued to applicants who wish to enter the Kingdom of Thailand for tourism purposes only.

Travelers with tourist visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for a period not exceeding 60 days from the date you arrive Thailand. Validity of visa is 60 days.

Required documents:

Information about visa and validity of stay permit here.**Note

1. A Passport or Travel Document  (validity of not less than 6 months on the arrival date in Thailand and contain at least ONE completely empty visa page) Visa cannot be processed without the passport.

2. A copy of Passport (The page(s) that shows your photo, name, date and place of birth and the expiration date of passport)

3. A Completed and signed visa application form. (Completed and signed by the applicant.)  Children must have their own visa application and the parent(s) or legal guardian(s) must sign the form on the child's behalf Click here to download.

4. Visa fee 40 €. The fee must be paid in cash when you submit the visa application. 

5. One recent colour passport photographs, taken within the last 6 months.

6. Current bank statement of the applicant showing the closing balance (each month) of 15,000 euro/person for last 6 months in English or Finnish. The bank statement must show account owner.

7. Foreign nationals (other than Finnish/Estonian): Copy of valid residence permit in Finland, which valid until the end of your trip.

- Residents in Finland: please enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope with sufficient postage for the return of passport. 
- Residents in Estonia: Return envelope fee is 18.50 euros. Please  also enclose a self-address envelope. (We do not accept  international  coupon as exchange for postage.) More information for updated postal fee please check with www.posti.fi

8. Consular officers reserve the rights to request for additional document as deemed necessary and also reserve the right to reject any application without having to provide reason.

https://helsinki.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/tourist-visa-started-9-10-2020?page=5f49f4a199a85e260f4278de&menu=5d80876d15e39c3354007bb1

4 minutes ago, Airbagwill said:

how about 14 day quarantine?

14 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That was in news before but that is the first embassy I have seen mentioning it.

You still have to go through all the procedures mentioned here to enter the country with it.

https://helsinki.thaiembassy.org/en/page/for-non-thai-3?menu=5d80876d15e39c3354007bb1

Definitely only the well heeled will be able to apply, unless the Average Estonian or Finn has the monthly average for 6 months of 15,000 Euros, or the equivalent of just a little over 17,000 USD.  Actually, when I think about it, that does not seem to be that much if someone has been saving for a vacation, and never was able to go because of Covid. 

6. Current bank statement of the applicant showing the closing balance (each month) of 15,000 euro/person for last 6 months in English or Finnish. The bank statement must show account owner.

What's the average wage in Finland

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Definitely only the well heeled will be able to apply, unless the Average Estonian or Finn has the monthly average for 6 months of 15,000 Euros, or the equivalent of just a little over 17,000 USD.  Actually, when I think about it, that does not seem to be that much if someone has been saving for a vacation, and never was able to go because of Covid. 

Yeah i dont understand why need have over 500000 bth in account! Why somebody want keep normal account money what not use!? And only few have that much! If have enough money to pay ASQ hotel and other sht i think have enough money to living cost here also! 

24 minutes ago, ukrules said:

You're not supposed to have that amount in your account.

This is not an invitation to the masses to come on holiday to Thailand - it's designed to deter people from coming while looking like they're doing something useful.

It's what Thailand do instead of banning people from doing something, they raise barriers to entry.

If they banned people on a country by country basis there would be retaliations which they won't want so there will always be a 'technical' way to come to Thailand - it's just that many people won't be able to use it.

So i show only my Amex!? Where you get bank statement if that is not in your account? Coz bank statement they need! Bank not give statement how much i have share's or how much money i have in trust!

32 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

You have any proof of this or is it just your opinion?

One of the government ministers spoke about discouraging instead of banning people traveling to Thailand from China through various methods many months back, it was reported on this site but the search function isn't very good.

It was the first time I've seen them acknowledge this well known filter method. My guess is the article was around March time.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

So i show only my Amex!? Where you get bank statement if that is not in your account? Coz bank statement they need! Bank not give statement how much i have share's or how much money i have in trust!

Is it all declared to the inspector of taxes.?

And just a small helpful tip (hope you don't mind), share's is a plural so no need for the apostrophe. 

2 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

You should know by now that everyone entering Thailand has to quarantine 15 days = 14 nights. The OP is just about the visa. 

I knew it was a condition of long stay. If you think about it on a shot visa it is a sizeable chunk out of the stay..... My not be that many up takers - same as with the STV.....which appears to be a non-starter so far.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, howerde said:

What's the average wage in Finland

It's 15,000 euro in a bank account the last 6 months. It has nothing to do with average wages. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, thaitero said:

This 500 K baht or about same in another currency will be universal because it was decided so by Thai cabinet.

Has this cabinet decision been published somewhere on the Internet?

42 minutes ago, Airbagwill said:

I knew it was a condition of long stay. If you think about it on a shot visa it is a sizeable chunk out of the stay..... My not be that many up takers - same as with the STV.....which appears to be a non-starter so far.

It doesn't matter how you come here and for how long,the quarantine is same for everyone. And there won't be many if any who will be willing to pay at least ฿100,000 baht in total for a trip to Thailand. That incl the airline ticket, quarantine and several other fees for this and that to be able to get the CoE and get on a plane. That's before the vacation has started. I have already seen reports from Europe about a very low interest in the STV when people understood how much it would cost and that they have to quarantine etc etc.

Edited by Max69xl

7 minutes ago, samsensam said:

who's going to keep 15,000 euros in their bank account?!

do they think?!

Is 15,000 euro a lot of money in your opinion? Just because you don't have any savings? You must be one of those stranded tourists. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Maestro said:

For the application for a single-entry tourist visa in Switzerland, the Thai embassy lists the requirement of CHF 1,000 in a bank account.

That's not for the new 60 days tourist visa this thread is about. The requirement is ~฿500,000 or the equivalent.

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, rabang said:

No way in hell. The METV requirements included only 6k€ for six consecutive months. I don't understand what is the purpose of this visa. Yeah, an odd retiree might be prepared to jump through all the hoops and loops but the effect is smaller than a water drop in an ocean. As many have commented these proposals and schemes give the impression of A) individuals completely out of touch with reality and/or B) authorities who do not actually want any foreigners in the country at the moment.

A) is the correct answer, because this new 60 days tourist visa (and also the STV) is the brainchild from the boss at TAT and the minister of tourism and sports. 

26 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

It's 15,000 euro in a bank account the last 6 months. It has nothing to do with average wages. 

my point was how many people have an average of 15000 at the end of every month for 6 months, i never did, i doubt the average Joe in the UK has either, i thought the Fins were just veery well payed

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1