Single Entry Tourist Visa Started

49 minutes ago, Maestro said:

Has this cabinet decision been published somewhere on the Internet?

I am sure it is somewhere on the internet but sorry can not remember any more where it was.
If i remember correct it ( 500K bank account) was generic minimum rule for all other visa types.

Thailand is about open it´s doors more and more  but gradually step by by step..If you are "average Joe" like millions of other tourists precovid, you have to wait maby longer you think,,,

Edited by thaitero

11 hours ago, Maestro said:

Has this cabinet decision been published somewhere on the Internet?

They cabinet approved the Special Tourist Visa (aka STV) and this new single entry tourist visa order at the same time. The resolution did not go into a lot of detail about it.

The STV has the same financial requirements as it.

"7.2.2 An original + one copy of Current bank statement (Saving account only) with minimum balance of 15,000 euro per person in English (at least from the last 6 months/ in the end of each month the minimum closing balance 15,000 euro). The bank statement must show account owner and account balance."

Source: https://helsinki.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/special-tourist-visa-stv?page=5f49f4a199a85e260f4278de&menu=5d80876d15e39c3354007bb1

49 minutes ago, jollyhangmon said:

... and here some funny requirements if you want to come back as a 'property owner', fits in perfectly, 555 ...

Yes, just more silliness from this Government.  So you own a 25 million Baht piece of property, a nice condo, or whatever, and yet you still need to have 3 million baht in the bank.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Yes, just more silliness from this Government.  So you own a 25 million Baht piece of property, a nice condo, or whatever, and yet you still need to have 3 million baht in the bank.

I don't know, but it sounds like a check and balance thing to me.  If a person actually owns a 23 million Baht property in Thailand ($800,000 US) then chances are, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch for them to have 3 million baht in a Thai bank and maybe even another 500K ($16K US) sitting in your home country bank...  I'm just saying.

Edited by mosan
Clarity
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, mosan said:

I don't know, but it sounds like a check and balance thing to me.  If a person actually owns a 23 million Baht property in Thailand ($800,000 US) then chances are, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch for them to have 3 million baht in a Thai bank and maybe even another 500K ($16K US) sitting in your home country bank...  I'm just saying.

Why would you want to tie up 3 million baht here in a savings account making less than a half of a percent interest.  If you have that kind of money it is best left in an instrument where it makes you money, not the bank using it for what they want and making more off of it then what they are giving you.  It was bad enough having to put 800,000 baht in a fixed deposit account earning pennies just to ensure an extension of stay, versus leaving it in the CD I had to liquidate in the states that was making a paltry 2.75% interest, but it had to be done.  No one wants to tie their money up where it is not working for them.  Having a ladder of CD's that mature every 4th month, and being able to move them if needed as well as in stocks and properties makes more sense to me, but Thailand wants your money to play with it seems.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Why would you want to tie up 3 million baht here in a savings account making less than a half of a percent interest.  If you have that kind of money it is best left in an instrument where it makes you money, not the bank using it for what they want and making more off of it then what they are giving you.  It was bad enough having to put 800,000 baht in a fixed deposit account earning pennies just to ensure an extension of stay, versus leaving it in the CD I had to liquidate in the states that was making a paltry 2.75% interest, but it had to be done.  No one wants to tie there money up where it is not working for them.  

No, no one wants to tie up money. But are you telling me (you or someone) has spent almost $1,000,000 (USD) on property here in Thailand and you think $90,000 is big money?  I have to tell you, that's chump change.  I would spend that kind of money only in my home country.  If you (or whomever you are talking about) are not a resident or citizen of Thailand, then the plot has been lost.  Just like those who claim they own a house, car/truck and have family here and cry about not being able to get back to "their home"...note to you guys, this is not your permanent home. You're just a visitor and this is evidenced by the fact you have to "ask" to be allowed to stay each and every year.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

14 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Why would you want to tie up 3 million baht here in a savings account making less than a half of a percent interest.

Maybe because you're Chinese, and as long as that nest egg is not trapped behind Chinese exchange controls, you have somewhere to flee if/when TSHTF...

The 15000 euro is probably not everymonth, but must show it being in the bank for 6 months for some strange reason.

No one making 15k euro a month will be entertaining a trip to thailand and the hoops to jump through to get there.

Plus quarantine on top of that.

19 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Definitely only the well heeled will be able to apply, unless the Average Estonian or Finn has the monthly average for 6 months of 15,000 Euros, or the equivalent of just a little over 17,000 USD.  Actually, when I think about it, that does not seem to be that much if someone has been saving for a vacation, and never was able to go because of Covid. 

It looked like that said per person?

• Like 1

On 10/9/2020 at 4:52 PM, howerde said:

6. Current bank statement of the applicant showing the closing balance (each month) of 15,000 euro/person for last 6 months in English or Finnish. The bank statement must show account owner.

What's the average wage in Finland

Is it difficult to have 15.000€ in the bank? Not that much. 

Ppl have 20.000€ for retirement ext.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

They want to open the country slowly. Taking in just a limited number of people. So they want to start with people who have a lot of disposable income. Such as someone who has 15,000 Euro just sitting in a bank account for six months. Later, when they want more tourists, the rules will change. 

10 minutes ago, Letseng said:

Is it difficult to have 15.000€ in the bank? Not that much. 

Ppl have 20.000€ for retirement ext.

It’s very difficult to retroactively make sure that whatever you have that is worth 15,000 Euro has been converted into money sitting in a bank account for the last six months. 

• Like 1

On 10/9/2020 at 2:52 PM, howerde said:

6. Current bank statement of the applicant showing the closing balance (each month) of 15,000 euro/person for last 6 months in English or Finnish. The bank statement must show account owner.

What's the average wage in Finland

must the bank be in finland or can it be in any country for that mattar?

because my bank is in thailand...

If you live in country where you have option to apply both Special Tourist visa and Single entry touristvisa and you have thinking that maby in Thailand at some point i do conversion to another visatype (For ex: retirement )you should choose Single entry tourist visa not Special tourist visa.

Source: 

2.5 STV cannot be changed to any other type of visa during the duration of stay in Thailand.

https://canberra.thaiembassy.org/special-tourist-visa-stv/

8 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

must the bank be in finland or can it be in any country for that mattar?

because my bank is in thailand...

Best to ask to be sure, they do reply emails

One time i remember applying some visa there and i showed non-finnish bank statement and then they wanted to see bank/visa card belonging to that account..

Do note, one has to be Finnish or Estonian citizen or resident to apply..

On 10/9/2020 at 11:28 AM, howerde said:

my point was how many people have an average of 15000 at the end of every month for 6 months, i never did, i doubt the average Joe in the UK has either, i thought the Fins were just veery well payed

"According to a 2019 survey by Bankrate, just 40% of the more than 1,000 survey respondents said they would be able to cover an unexpected $1,000 expense, such as a car breaking down or a flooded home, with the money currently sitting in their savings."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/personalfinance/what-is-the-average-savings-by-age/ar-BB172T9N

No more than 40% of Americans can afford to visit Thailand now apparently. I wonder how many Thais have that kind of cash in the bank....

• Like 2