'Feeling great,' Trump appears in public for first time since return from hospital

rooster59

3 hours ago, Donga said:

All this sanctimonious media reporting on masks, now when someone is alone on a balcony, good grief.

I love masks and believe they are a big contributor to Thailand's successful Covid-19 control, along with strict quarantine and those one million health volunteers.

But where was this mask coverage back in March, April when thousands were dying each week in Europe? 

Western experts and WHO didn't recognise the effectiveness of masks until June, and the media? Why didn't they cotton on to the Asian experience, not just with Covid-19 but earlier pandemics?

Mainstream media has become shallow, biased and lacks initiative.

Morch says... Oh, the media failed to lead. Bad media.

Guess Trump setting an example was out of the question, both with regard to this instance and previous ones. But as to your main comment, you do not that the pictures show many in the crowd not wearing masks and not practicing social distancing? Yeah, well....this was at the White House, and ought to have been carried out in a more responsible manner.

And from Dumbastheycome...

MO you are confusing  your own perception of the reality of Trump's gathering.

You say you support the use of  masks and the mitigation methods adopted  by Thailand.

And yes the issue of and the confusion over what is now accepted about masks being an effective social barrier was unfortunate but now acknowledged.

What you find sanctimonious reporting in this instance is I believe you think it is only about Trump.

In reality it is that it is about the group of people in attendance who are defying recommended precautions while Trump (who learned  so much  about C-19) has no qualms about encouraging  potential transmission amongst them smug in the knowledge that at least for the moment his  own selfish behind is well medically covered!

My response to you guys - Who mentioned Trump? I don't give a rat's about him. Why do these threads have to dive down these Trump or anti-Trump rabbit holes? The mask reporting has become pandemic after they were earlier roundly dismissed as ineffective.

"And yes the issue of and the confusion over what is now accepted about masks being an effective social barrier was unfortunate but now acknowledged." How did the "experts" get it so wrong? How many lives were lost as a consequence? And where was the media oversight?

So yes, I believe media is complicit through their constant fear coverage versus proper investigative reporting throughout. The lack of context and objective data in mainstream media coverage has been pitiful even though the data exists. Trotting out the "experts" who voiced the most fear, while also ignoring masks.  And now not being able to differentiate between sensible mask wearing versus standing alone on an open air balcony. Get a grip guys. 

• Confused 3

13 hours ago, ezzra said:

Me think his days are numbered, it's pity though that the alternative to him is nothing to write home about either...

Sammy Davies Junior , comes to mind . 

Yep , you got it in one . Obama ..

Edited by elliss

So trump is feeling great and has just stated that he would like to go out and kiss everybody in the audience, and by that he means everybody – – "seems like a nice boy".

The problem is of course that he is still delusional and thinks that he is "immune" to Covid, when in fact there are cases of people being infected more than once; so much for being immune.

One thing of note which will be baffling to witness, is the following, "After contracting the virus, many Covid-19 survivors are struggling with “brain fog.”......so does that mean trump will get even worse, or won't we be able to tell the difference?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/11/health/covid-survivors.html?action=click&campaign_id=154&emc=edit_cb_20201012&instance_id=23075&module=RelatedLinks&nl=coronavirus-briefing&pgtype=Article&regi_id=129299451&segment_id=40752&te=1&user_id=8daa4eaa59751b5e2b0a87a11432c6e3 

• Like 1

On 10/11/2020 at 8:54 PM, Donga said:

Morch says... Oh, the media failed to lead. Bad media.

Guess Trump setting an example was out of the question, both with regard to this instance and previous ones. But as to your main comment, you do not that the pictures show many in the crowd not wearing masks and not practicing social distancing? Yeah, well....this was at the White House, and ought to have been carried out in a more responsible manner.

And from Dumbastheycome...

MO you are confusing  your own perception of the reality of Trump's gathering.

You say you support the use of  masks and the mitigation methods adopted  by Thailand.

And yes the issue of and the confusion over what is now accepted about masks being an effective social barrier was unfortunate but now acknowledged.

What you find sanctimonious reporting in this instance is I believe you think it is only about Trump.

In reality it is that it is about the group of people in attendance who are defying recommended precautions while Trump (who learned  so much  about C-19) has no qualms about encouraging  potential transmission amongst them smug in the knowledge that at least for the moment his  own selfish behind is well medically covered!

My response to you guys - Who mentioned Trump? I don't give a rat's about him. Why do these threads have to dive down these Trump or anti-Trump rabbit holes? The mask reporting has become pandemic after they were earlier roundly dismissed as ineffective.

"And yes the issue of and the confusion over what is now accepted about masks being an effective social barrier was unfortunate but now acknowledged." How did the "experts" get it so wrong? How many lives were lost as a consequence? And where was the media oversight?

So yes, I believe media is complicit through their constant fear coverage versus proper investigative reporting throughout. The lack of context and objective data in mainstream media coverage has been pitiful even though the data exists. Trotting out the "experts" who voiced the most fear, while also ignoring masks.  And now not being able to differentiate between sensible mask wearing versus standing alone on an open air balcony. Get a grip guys. 

Who mentioned Trump? Well, for one, his name is mentioned in the topic.

And it's clear you don't read much of the media. There has been extensive reporting about how at first scientists were skeptical about mask wearing. But as the data came in they changed their minds.

And if Trump only failed to wear masks when standing on the balcony that would be one thing. But as we know, mask wearing was the exception in the White House, not the rule. And it turned out that the events hosted at the White House turned into a super spreading event. And it also seems that Trump contravened the rules by not getting tested for Covid before attending the debate. 

• Like 1