Chonburi land price for less than 1 million / RAI ?

hello, please allow me to ask if it is true that we cannot buy any land around Chonburi, Sriracha, Pattaya, Sattahip for a maximum of 1 million per Rai ?

And if it's true, where do we need to go to buy at this price ?

Thank you if you can help me and for all your interesting information

I'd guess it would be difficult, but you never know. I know Isaan and Kalasin province are a few klicks from Patts. but here is rough comparison.

So if you take our small village in Isaan I've heard (even though you can't believe all you hear), that a ry of land on the main road is B1000000 and a ry of sugarcane or agricultural land is B100000.

I know someone around here paid B2000000 for 2 ry of nice land about 300 m from the main road a couple of months ago. But there again, I bought 7 ry of land for B19000 years ago (people needed the money). Wifey nearly has the correct land papers land papers and it was surveyed 2 years ago.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, yankee99 said:

Ive been shopping that area and you'd be hard pressed to find anything at 4mb a rai 

Yes, that sounds about right to me for Chonburi - bought a plot in Bang Saen big enough for one large house, but must be under 1 Rai, and it was over 3 mb.

In the North agricultural land can be as low as 100,000 per Rai, but don't expect electricity, water, main road access etc. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, yankee99 said:

Ive been shopping that area and you'd be hard pressed to find anything at 4mb a rai 

I live within the area the OP is looking, and if hes prepared to do some leg work and a little travelling in and out of .. Say Pattaya, there is land for about 2.5 M 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, suhoaswhas said:

Where to look please ?

As I said, you have to put in some leg work and go look-see in the Villages around the Cities.

There is Land around at 2.5 M / Rai but it is not plentiful, and you cannot find it from the main roads.

Ask at some Village Mini Marts ( Ma and Pa Shops ) they know people that are acting as " Agents " for land and House Sales in their Local areas.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2020 at 7:40 AM, suhoaswhas said:

hello, please allow me to ask if it is true that we cannot buy any land around Chonburi, Sriracha, Pattaya, Sattahip for a maximum of 1 million per Rai ?

And if it's true, where do we need to go to buy at this price ?

Thank you if you can help me and for all your interesting information

Hi

are you Thai?

Do you know only Thai people can own a land in Thailand ?

(There is only one exception to the rule, but the conditions made it impossible in fact)

You are welcome

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/15/2020 at 10:06 PM, chrisandsu said:

Land in Thailand is ridiculously over priced . You are probably looking at around 4mill a rai in those areas at best . Maybe try rayong for around 3 million ? Just remember a rai is about a 3rd of an acre ???? . It’s not a big plot at all .

1 Rai equals 1600 Sq M

• Like 1

On 10/14/2020 at 7:57 PM, elliss said:

Correct .

Enter the stupid farlangs ...

When we were looking for land both around Hat Yai and Khon Kaen I always sent the missus in first on her scooter, she never got a reduced price for Thai people. it was always seemed to be the going rate, or superinflated (no-one would buy it). Unless you want to be without water, electricity or road access. There doesn't seem to be that many bargains here anymore, people know the worth of their land.

When we finally found a piece of land that started at a reasonable price, I kept quiet during initial phone negotiations, we went to see the land unaccompanied. I then hired a solicitor to negotiate on my behalf and the price came down a touch.

One of the hardest things was trying to get sellers to believe we were serious buyers. Even when I appeared from the background at a onsite meeting, after we had exhausted all negotiations and I was payingt the price I wanted, I said "OK. you are free tomorrow? Cash OK?" the seller was confused, he didn't expect me to buy it. I can only imagine the from experience, that Thais are just a bunch of tyre kickers, I hear often their excuse is "waiting on approval from the bank..."

Edited by recom273
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, recom273 said:

When we were looking for land both around Hat Yai and Khon Kaen I always sent the missus in first on her scooter, she never got a reduced price for Thai people. it was always seemed to be the going rate, or superinflated (no-one would buy it). Unless you want to be without water, electricity or road access. There doesn't seem to be that many bargains here anymore, people know the worth of their land.

When we finally found a piece of land that started at a reasonable price, I kept quiet during initial phone negotiations, we went to see the land unaccompanied. I then hired a solicitor to negotiate on my behalf and the price came down a touch.

One of the hardest things was trying to get sellers to believe we were serious buyers. Even when I appeared from the background at a onsite meeting, after we had exhausted all negotiations and I was payingt the price I wanted, I said "OK. you are free tomorrow? Cash OK?" the seller was confused, he didn't expect me to buy it. I can only imagine the from experience, that Thais are just a bunch of tyre kickers, I hear often their excuse is "waiting on approval from the bank..."

And if you are sending a missis that looks like she could of worked in A certain Profession don’t send her . That’s not said to offend anyone but the Thais will know for certain and will know there is a foreign backer . Send someone you trust who looks and sounds professional .  And don’t be afraid to offer way under what they are asking for . All they can say is no

13 hours ago, chrisandsu said:

And if you are sending a missis that looks like she could of worked in A certain Profession don’t send her . That’s not said to offend anyone but the Thais will know for certain and will know there is a foreign backer . Send someone you trust who looks and sounds professional .  And don’t be afraid to offer way under what they are asking for . All they can say is no

Given the range of hookers I've seen, I don't know any woman that doesn't look like she could have worked as one if they had so desired. 

Edited by Yellowtail
ww
  • Haha 2