Bank statement - marriage visa extension

Which office? 

Seems to vary between offices what they will accept. But the written requirement is you have to have the funds in the bank on the day of application. You can only show that with a letter on that day, and/or copies of bank book updated to that day. Personally I just always do that, go to bank, update book, make copies, get letter, then off to immigration. 

For a marriage extension with money on deposit some offices want to see you still have the money after the approval and you return for the actual extension stamp. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Chaiyaphum insisted both the letter and bank book update had to be that day......also the letter confirming I was still married had to be that day.

Same here.

My Office require two copies of every page of Bank Book

also 2 x Letter dated day of application

I believe it may be less in Bangkok, but small offices send one copy of everything to C Mai.

Best is ask them?

• Like 2

Yeap....at CW while the bank letter can be a business day old (maybe a little longer), they do want/insist your passbook show an update on your application date.   Or at least that's been my experience in doing retirement and marriage extensions of stay at CW.  Fortunately, at the CW immigration complex there are numerous bank branch downstairs where a person can generate a passbook update in most cases vs needing to find a bank branch in some other building between your residence and immigration.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

The letter can be up to 7 days old, but you need to update your bank book the day you apply.

As said, it might make a difference what immigration office you use.

The balance has to be the same in the bank letter and bank book. 

8 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

The balance has to be the same in the bank letter and bank book. 

Again depends on where. CW for example strict on activity on day of application. My first ever extension I obtained bank letter one day prior to attending CW. Fortunately I had gf with me an io wanted see deposit on that day. 

The gf went and did a deposit. Has occured once more. Now I just attend bank at CW on same day. Bottom line balance did not match.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Chaiyaphum insisted both the letter and bank book update had to be that day......also the letter confirming I was still married had to be that day.

Surin Immigration wanted a year statement from my bank dated the day of the application.  BKK band said It would take 7 days as they had to order in from Bangkok, With that and the fact that Kap Choeng is 95 kilometres from my address I went to an agent.  I have since learned that those naughty IO,s in Surin are offering retirement visas for 20,000 baht.

20 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Which office? 

Seems to vary between offices what they will accept. But the written requirement is you have to have the funds in the bank on the day of application. You can only show that with a letter on that day, and/or copies of bank book updated to that day. Personally I just always do that, go to bank, update book, make copies, get letter, then off to immigration. 

For a marriage extension with money on deposit some offices want to see you still have the money after the approval and you return for the actual extension stamp. 

Phuket certainly accept one or two days before.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2020 at 11:10 AM, ExpatOilWorker said:

The letter can be up to 7 days old, but you need to update your bank book the day you apply.

As said, it might make a difference what immigration office you use.

Certainly does make a difference Jom Thien no older than two days, i got rejected a while back with a seven day old letter, as others have said be on the safe side get bank letter on the way to IO same day! 

What are you actually after? The letter from the bank or the actual printed bank statement of your account. Many on here are just jumping the conclusion that you want the letter from the bank. I notice that you say your bank "statement" which is a different thing to the "letter" from the bank. If you are on the income system then you require the actual bank statement which every page must be stamped and signed by the bank. I believe that the letter from the bank is good for seven days but if it is the actual printed bank statement of your account then it must include the latest deposit from overseas plus the letter from the bank. Just remember to either make a deposit or withdrawal and update your bank book on the day you go to immigration to show that the account is still active.

May i ask,

I have a 3 yr long term deposit of 800,000 K   which cannot be updated, last year my Bank Letter a day before, was accepted by Cmai Immgr,is that the case now  BTW  i,am holder of a O,VISA

Many thks in advance

Edited by deej

1 hour ago, deej said:

May i ask,

I have a 3 yr long term deposit of 800,000 K   which cannot be updated, last year my Bank Letter a day before, was accepted by Cmai Immgr,is that the case now  BTW  i,am holder of a O,VISA

Many thks in advance

This year they may want proof that your balance stayed above 800k baht for 3 months and then 400k baht for the rest of the year. It was not needed last year since then rules had not gone into effect until March of last year.

Ask your bank for a statement that shows the balance for the past year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deej said:

May i ask,

Many thks in advance

If your fixed deposit is with Bangkok Bank they can do a Balance Forward (B/F) update to your passbook within the branch....the teller just fingers in some magic command on their keyboard which allows them to print the current day balance to your passbook.   You do not have to deposit or withdrawal even one stang...it just the bank forcing an update to your passbook.   I did that numerous times when I was using Bangkok Bank fixed accts for my Bt800K used for retirement extension of stay renewal purposes.

If your bank is not Bangkok Bank maybegive it a try with your bank anyway....ask a teller or desk rep if they can do a balance update to your passbook...a "Balance Forward" transaction update.

• Thanks 1