Thailand to track tourists with digital wristbands

rooster59

Looking at the graphic, with the "used from 1st Nov" being clearing added later, it seems like this is a product idea from one of these "start-ups" and in no way a real thing.

Most of the functions are pure fantasy in terms of what can realistically be supplied and used for any length of time.

This article has no substance!

In saying that the Huawei device I wear, after a heart scare, requires a smart phone with app and BlueTooth interface, relies on the GPS function in the phone. Turn the phone off and you have nothing. It looks very similar to the top photo in the OP. Was about 800 Baht

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Please visit us soon and get a free "welcome pack" at your international airport.

Get yours now. Be care about your well-being and want to know exactly where you are and in case of something might happen to you, in a few seconds, we will be at your location.

Thailand, the land that takes proud care of their visitors.

Probably each tourist will get an un-employed bargirl 24h a day to keep TAT informed about our movements and activities.

That's only 8000 baht a day. Bargain.

414FED56-F5DA-4CD1-A343-3BBEAECEDEE8.jpeg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, fruitman said:

Even if i didnt mind to jump all the hoops, what's great about thailand now? Pattaya is closed, you need mouthmasks everywhere and you're farang so be double carefull....

Even the beach is closed, you can't smoke there, pools are closed, samui is empty.....

Why would a tourist go to thailand right now?

for a free wristband 

36 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

Does the device also have a secret tracking function to assess how much these tourists are spending in Thailand? I mean, it's got to be worthwhile when the country is taking these tremendous risks of letting foreigners in, right?

They wouldn't care how much tourists spend, TAT pulls those numbers out where the sun don't shine and momma never kissed.

15 minutes ago, Andreas2 said:

Please stop complaining or making fun of the Thai government as they try so hard to contain this very deadly disease, this pandemic. They just care about all of us.
According to the CDC, this is the actual Infection Fatality Ratio:

• 0-19 years: 0.00003
  • 20-49 years: 0.0002
  • 50-69 years: 0.005
  • 70+ years: 0.054

Source: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/planning-scenarios.html

As I'm in the group "50-69", does this mean that 5 out 100,000 people in this segment are going to die from this super lethal disease?

I really hope, this high number - 5 - is a massive exaggeration! I'm seriously scared now.

In mentally terrible situations like this, it always helps me a lot if I go and I sit on my scooter for a little ride to relax.

Your tracking bracelet/watch is awaiting you to wear daily for the rest of your days here in Thailand as you are in a higher group than the Thais as to possibly be infecting them, even if you have been here already for a long time.  We live here and visit here at their leisure.  When they are done with us, it is time you must leave unfortunately.

• Like 1