Retirement Visa 90 Reporting

I expect many people know this, but as there may be some who do not I thought I'd post this info.

I have a retirement visa and have just done my first 90 day reporting. The 90 days expires this coming Saturday, bit as Jomtien Immigration office is closed on that weekday an officer told me I should make sure I report during this week. Rather than leave things to the last "minute" I reported in on Tuesday only to find that what I was not told was that the next 90 days begin from that day not the Saturday.

Actually this is no great problem for me, but if I'd had a flight booked for 90 days from this Saturday it could have meant me having to change my flight ticket.

In your bad case scenario, I don't believe you would have had to change your flight ticket. You could have just reported again in 90 days before your flight, and then left a few days later by flight.

Edited by Jingthing

Address reporting is done plus/minus 7 days of the date stamped. You do not report if you are not in Thailand - the next report would be due 90 days after your return (TM.6 date). And next reporting date - as you found out - will be 90 days from date of reporting.

I expect many people know this, but as there may be some who do not I thought I'd post this info.

I have a retirement visa and have just done my first 90 day reporting. The 90 days expires this coming Saturday, bit as Jomtien Immigration office is closed on that weekday an officer told me I should make sure I report during this week. Rather than leave things to the last "minute" I reported in on Tuesday only to find that what I was not told was that the next 90 days begin from that day not the Saturday.

Actually this is no great problem for me, but if I'd had a flight booked for 90 days from this Saturday it could have meant me having to change my flight ticket.

Isn't there a 7 day period either side of the 90 days?

Thanks lopburi, you answered my question before I could post it.

Edited by beechguy

Very unfortunate for anyone caught out on this as HQ clearly says otherwise.

The notification must be made within 7 days before or after the period of 90 days expires.
And goes on to say this applies at all immigration offices.
Immigration offices throughout the country

When I report at Kab Cheong (Surin Province), the 90 days is given from the date my last one "expired", e.g. if I was due to report on the 15th of the month and arrived 3 days earlier, my next reporting date would be 90 days from 15th. However, last time, as I was in Jomtien a few days before my 90 days "expired", I reported there. I was given 90 days from the date of my report.

I asked at Jomtien immigration about how many days AFTER the date it would OK to report, and I was told, NONE. Now, the official rule might be 7 days, but thats what I was told. Typical, eh?

Was at Chiangmai immigration yesterday to do a 90 day report. Asked them about the +/- 7 days and was told better not rely on the -7 days as rules may change any time.

I have an other short question about notification.

Is my wife automatically fully entitled (authorises) to make 90 day reports for me?

Can she bring just my passport to the immigration same I would go for myself? Of course, I would fill out first the TM. 47 and have signed.

Or is there an other procedure same copy of all passport pages and so on...?

The reason is, my wife works sometimes very near Rayong Immigration, so we can save about 700 Baht for the taxi.

Edited by eugengeri

When in Chiang Mai immigration I saw a notice saying 90 day reporting is 7 days BEFORE expiry and not after. Got my wife to read it to ensure I hadn't mis-understood

Someone was having problems as they were in the 7 days after period - think they were let off with just a warning.

I have an other short question about notification.

Is my wife automatically fully entitled (authorises) to make 90 day reports for me?

Can she bring just my passport to the immigration same I would go for myself? Of course, I would fill out first the TM. 47 and have signed.

Or is there an other procedure same copy of all passport pages and so on...?

The reason is, my wife works sometimes very near Rayong Immigration, so we can save about 700 Baht for the taxi.

Surely you can report by post! There is no need to actually travel to the immigration office......post the TM7, with addressed envelope,using recorded delivery.......no problem...and this way you do not "lose" days...as the receipt is dated on the due date of renewal...................