Video: "Dead all over again" - corpse falls out of faulty rear door into rush hour traffic

webfact

7 hours ago, Falcon said:

Only in Thailand. Even the best of scriptwriters for movies couldn’t write up a script as funny as the weird stuff that goes on here on a daily basis!!!

I suggest that you check out Loot a 1970's film based on the Joe Orton stage play. A young Hywel Bennett was playing a young man who worked in an undertakers, he and his mate had committed a robbery involving a lot of bank notes. The body was in the local hotel in the coffin awaiting burial the next day. The two robbers were thwarted in retrieving the cash as the police were watching the hotel. Come the morrow the cash was still in the coffin when the hearse reached the graveyard ( I think it was filmed at Brighton Cemetery, up on the Downs ). The hearse was left unattended by both young men as they intended to retrieve the cash, unfortunately the hand brake didn't hold the hearse and it  trundled down the steep grassy slope, the coffin shot out the rear door due to rapid acceleration, the two robbers were running frantically after it, and many visitors tending family graves had looks of amazement and horror on their faces.. Before eventually the hearse crashed into some of the decorative stonework.

I assure you I laughed louder and longer than I did watching this sad and tragic video.

• Confused 1

Those  van doors   are faultless  when  shut they stay shut

Most likely  was not shut  correctly in a hurry  as usual 

driving I  guess  too fast  would not help  pressure of door  by   passenger in  back  

The way   they  picked it up  like a bag of <deleted>  ..I was not imprssed  at all 

Why I think  door was not shut in first place  ...they are rough   usless  and  show  no care  or  compassion 

Thank   Budha  it was a dead  dude  not a  living one  ..Only inThailand  no  wonder Tourist  love the place

Good Luck  Thailand 

• Like 1

I have personally witnessed  such a sad situation. In a  small town I once lived in  the  local Undertaker's hearsehad stopped at the only set of  traffic lights in the   town. When he had the green  light to proceed as he moved on the rear hatch door of the old  but suitably  sombre  black Cadillac hearse raised and a  cardboard  coffin  on a stainless  steel tray rolled out the  back onto the  street, disintergrated and the deceased  sat exposed in the middle of the cross walk . It was only the  mixture of responses  that  made the  driver  aware which with  great embarrassment  got  him to  return and  with  public assistance slip the body back into the  hearse and with  no possible dignity pretended  for all involved  continue  his   journey. It was later learned  that  the driver was  not actually the Undertaker  but his  trainee assistant  who had forgotten to lock down the  casket and ensure the door  was  properly  closed. He subsequently  resigned  and left  town .

• Haha 1

One would have thought that the body would have been held in place with securing straps and belts, and that the stretchers would have brakes applied. These would have stopped the body from dislodging even with the doors open at 60klm per hour. Simple risk management would have prevented an avoidable incident.

12 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

One would have thought that the body would have been held in place with securing straps and belts, and that the stretchers would have brakes applied. These would have stopped the body from dislodging even with the doors open at 60klm per hour. Simple risk management would have prevented an avoidable incident.

They don't use seat belts when they are alive, why would they bother when they're dead?

BTW, there was a leg showing, looked rather pale. Was it a farang? That would explain a lot, stupid foreigners can't even shut the door properly!

• Haha 1