The fall of Johnny Depp: how the world's most beautiful movie star turned very ugly

snoop1130

The fall of Johnny Depp: how the world's most beautiful movie star turned very ugly

By Hadley Freeman

3000.jpg

Johnny Depp arriving at the Royal Courts of Justice in July. Photograph: Samir Hussein/Getty Images

Johnny Depp is “a wife-beater”. This is the verdict of the UK courts.

Just writing that sentence feels genuinely shocking, and yet, by now perhaps, it should not.

For a start, the allegation that he was physically abusive to his ex-wife Amber Heard emerged more than four years ago, after she applied for a temporary restraining order against him following their divorce, citing domestic abuse.

It should also not be a shock, given how many other hugely famous men have been accused of abusing women.

Full Story: https://www.theguardian.com/film/2020/nov/03/the-fall-of-johnny-depp-how-the-worlds-most-beautiful-movie-star-turned-very-ugly

after the castigation that one Rooster threw out in the week in review,  that us foot soldiers rush to

comment without even reading the story........... i will respectfully hold back until i have finished reading the article.    OMG...it's longggg.    OK,  give me a few days .

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, rumak said:

after the castigation that one Rooster threw out in the week in review,  that us foot soldiers rush to

comment without even reading the story........... i will respectfully hold back until i have finished reading the article.    OMG...it's longggg.    OK,  give me a few days .

Yea, I'm waiting for Viz to report on it.

16 minutes ago, nausea said:

I have some empathy, dealing with a crazy woman is not easy. Of course, they're inviting you into violence. Subject to a two hour tirade (by my SO at the time), eventually I got fed up and put her in an armlock and marched her out the door, and stuck a wedge in the door, to stop her getting back in. She called the police, now I'm a wife-beater. Ha! This is UK stuff.

Domestic abuse is a two edged sword with the odds heavily stacked in the womans favour.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I didn't follow everything but I read a couple of articles about them.

It seems both behaved like a$$holes with too much money and not much sense. And both of them could have walked away after the first incident - but they didn't.

I find it always funny how many people want to be famous and rich. And somehow they think then their life will be perfect.

Obviously it isn't. It seems to me a lot of rich and famous people are unhappy - basically because they are rich and famous.

Good luck I am not in that club and I never aspired to be rich and famous.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I didn't follow everything but I read a couple of articles about them.

It seems both behaved like a$$holes with too much money and not much sense. And both of them could have walked away after the first incident - but they didn't.

I find it always funny how many people want to be famous and rich. And somehow they think then their life will be perfect.

Obviously it isn't. It seems to me a lot of rich and famous people are unhappy - basically because they are rich and famous.

Good luck I am not in that club and I never aspired to be rich and famous.

It seems a lot of people who are unknown and skint are also unhappy.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, kingdong said:

You could also argue theres nothing as weak or pathetic as a man who allows a woman to be physically violent with him.

If a man fights back he'll be branded a wife beater, and if he doesn't he's weak and pathetic. I lived with a woman that I had to walk away from many times, and while it took me too long to come to it, I eventually walked away.

IMO your post above is anti male, and oversimplifies an extremely complicated situation.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If a man fights back he'll be branded a wife beater, and if he doesn't he's weak and pathetic. I lived with a woman that I had to walk away from many times, and while it took me too long to come to it, I eventually walked away.

IMO your post above is anti male, and oversimplifies an extremely complicated situation.

Don,t see how my post is " anti male " anti pussy whipped white knight perhaps,and they don,t quite qualifie,whilst it could be argued " up to them "their actions cause other old scutters to get lairy,which effects me.i can,t see whats " extremely complicated " in allowing a woman to assult you and standing there and taking it.

9 hours ago, kingdong said:

Don,t see how my post is " anti male " anti pussy whipped white knight perhaps,and they don,t quite qualifie,whilst it could be argued " up to them "their actions cause other old scutters to get lairy,which effects me.i can,t see whats " extremely complicated " in allowing a woman to assult you and standing there and taking it.

Ever been in a relationship with an abusive woman? I have.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Ever been in a relationship with an abusive woman? I have.

So have i,tried to get me to hit her,turned my kids against me,lets fast forward here i sit in my own house,my kids both grew up and turned against her,had the police turn up once after a domestic,kept calm,senior officer was ex forces recognised some bits i,d picked up overseas and took my side.if it wasn,t for my kids would have walked soon as she started her <deleted>,now i don,t want the full 24/7,full 15 rounds of a relationship,just the edited high lights will do me.

Takes two to tango, emotions, anger and jealousy of which are both destructive, add alcohol and drugs into that and you will eventually derail.

Best thing he can do is get into rehab, lay low and try to get back on the rails, as for her.......pffff, there is always a better model just around the corner, but I do hope he can find a good accountant to protect his assets in case these black widows come for more as they usually do.

Not excusing what he "allegedly" did, or what she "allegedly" did, as I said, it takes two to tango, but suing him for defamation with a $50 million estimate for damages, give her a $ and send her on her way, pay that kind of money or anything as stupid just sends a clear picture to that species.

One thing that puzzles me is, if he was so guilty being a "wife beater" why hasn't there been any other women in his past coming along to stake their claims as they normally do, is was he just misfortunate to meet this B-tch who probably brought the worse out in him, happens to the best of us.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Confused 1

Just now, BritManToo said:

If you had limitless money ...... why would you not take drugs and alcohol?

Um because they are destructive, seen too many people's lives shortened from the above, everything in moderation, and if it takes drugs and alcohol to make one feel better, then I feel for them, for me there are better ways to make yourself feel better. As for limitless money, it doesn't make you happy, can make your life more comfortable, but happiness is not created from money, I know a few multi-millionaires, who are not happy, sh-t loads of money, nice houses, cars, investments, but they are not happy.

I am comfortable sitting where I am in the land of smiles, not earning the 6 figure salary I was 5 years ago when I retired, but I am comfortable and happy, that's what life is to me, after all, we take take it with us, so might as well enjoy it and be happy that we have enough to keep us content and comfortable at the same time.

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Because one can't experience life if drugged. If one had limitless money one's life would be perfect, so why would one not want to experience it?

I'd finished my experiences of life by age 60 .......... after that I've been drunk every day, and it's great.

Johnny Depp is 57 ..... he's just started a bit early.

As for JD's experience of life, he's probably already gone way further than us.

Can't imagine he'll top a woman pooping in his bed, maybe I'm just not adventurous or imaginative enough.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

As for limitless money, it doesn't make you happy, can make your life more comfortable, but happiness is not created from money, I know a few multi-millionaires, who are not happy, sh-t loads of money, nice houses, cars, investments, but they are not happy.

Speak for yourself. IMO people that say things like that always have plenty of it.

I assure you that if I had enough money to build a lovely mansion on a lovely Thai beach, had a cook to prepare my food just the way I like it, and an agency to provide new tactile entertainment every month, I'd be as happy as the proverbial sandboy in a big pile of sand.

If a multi millionaire can't find happiness, IMO they have a mental problem- maybe they used too many drugs and screwed their brains. I used to have a friend that had it all, but used mj every day for 40 years and went completely barking. Now he has lost everything.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:
6 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

As for limitless money, it doesn't make you happy, can make your life more comfortable, but happiness is not created from money, I know a few multi-millionaires, who are not happy, sh-t loads of money, nice houses, cars, investments, but they are not happy.

Speak for yourself. IMO people that say things like that always have plenty of it.

I assure you that if I had enough money to build a lovely mansion on a lovely Thai beach, had a cook to prepare my food just the way I like it, and an agency to provide new tactile entertainment every month, I'd be as happy as the proverbial sandboy in a big pile of sand.

If a multi millionaire can't find happiness, IMO they have a mental problem- maybe they used too many drugs and screwed their brains. I used to have a friend that had it all, but used mj every day for 40 years and went completely barking. Now he has lost everything.

While I'd agree that money alone can't buy happiness, I'd much prefer to be unhappy with loads of money than unhappy and dead broke.  But that's just me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You see you speak from someone coming with no money, I say that (with respect), i.e. most people have enough to survive.

Now put yourself in these people's places, e.g. they weren't born in it, they accumulated it through hard work and watched the income stream coming in, for example, I have a friend who works as a fishmonger in a shopping centre, his parents started with the old fish and chips shop and when the centre opened, in they went selling fresh seafood, they take home about 200,000 per week on average, the parents are in their mid 70's and still work in the business, the mate does deliveries, it's a 7 day a week business, his parents parents have properties, he has properties, he has nice cars, motorbikes, but doesn't get the time to enjoy them, he's in his mid 50's, kids finished private schools and are married, now both you and I know we would have stopped a long time ago, but it's the 200,000 baht a week that keeps them going in, a holiday for them is a weekend away to the blue mountains in New South Wales, maybe a flight to Melbourne, and the last overseas trip I know of was in 1990 with me and my x doing the Greek islands. 

Then there is another guy, his worth has to be 100 mil easy, he owns blocks and blocks and blocks of apartment building all over the eastern suburbs, he is 74 and was recently diagnosed with cancer, it took that to slow him down from working 6 days a week as he also has other businesses, his kids live overseas and last I heard both had divorced from there partners.

Well, here I are, relaxed and content, sound mind amongst the village people, money in the bank and investments to keep me going till my heart stops, I mean how much is enough, I retired at 55 and can honestly say earning a 6 figure salary didn't make me happy, what makes me happy is knowing I don't have to work another day in my life, not that I have millions in the bank or investments.

The sound of a beachfront house on a Thai island sounds nice, but out of my league, I will keep doing the hotel thing until I get rich in my next life ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Berkshire said:

While I'd agree that money alone can't buy happiness, I'd much prefer to be unhappy with loads of money than unhappy and dead broke.  But that's just me. 

How about happy with enough money to keep you going comfortably till your last breath, that is the balance.

• Thanks 1