Thailand has relaxed issue of tourist visas, says TAT

webfact

A post with a link to an off topic trolling video from an unapproved social media site has been removed:

18) Social Media content is not to be used as  source material unless it is from a recognized or approved news media source,  the source of any such material (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube  etc.) should always be shown.

A post with derogatory references toward Thais has been removed:

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Brad88 said:

Well, there was some relaxing related to the STV in Japan last month where I live. However, according to the Royal Thai Embassy, Tokyo website: "As of 1 November 2020, Japan is not under Thailand’s list of low COVID-19 risk countries. Therefore, tourists from Japan cannot enter Thailand. Kindly monitor the Embassy’s announcement for future update." I would suggest that if tourists are wanted then it is probably a good idea to let them into the country as a first (and probably important) step in the process.

These are the only low risk countries listed for Thailand.

Countries considered as low risk for COVID-19 include China, Vietnam, South Korea, Taiwan, Australia and New Zealand.

Edited by EricTh

10 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

Let's put another spin on it:

Tourist arrivals to Thailand have skyrocketed by a staggering 3,900% month-on-month between September and October.

In September there were 0 arrivals.

In October 39 Chinese made it to the hallowed shores.

How that for some clever PR?

TAT really should hire me.

I make them look good!

For a fee.

They will surely be using those type of percentages in the following months.

It always looks good when you start from zero or almost nothing.

On 11/10/2020 at 2:24 PM, webfact said:

TAT executive director for tourism products Thapanee Kiatphaibool said that the tourism situation in Thailand was recovering after the government allowed more foreigners to visit the country.

Right... and didn't your government say goodbye to this "recovery" by implementing a 500.000 THB 6 months bank guarantee idiotic stupid menacing outrageous dumb obnoxious visa requirement? You (wanted to write people here, but had 2nd thoughts) pancakes are completely out of your minds and live in a 24/7 state of delusion... Please let me know what drugs you f(deleted) mor(deleted) consume, so I can calm down a bit and also surf a bit on Planet Bonkers.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jimbo2014 said:

It takes me an entire day each time to renew my retirement visa.  I wonder whether they will consider improving the services.  Allowing booked time slots.  Professional things that most other governments now do.

That gives you 364 days to relax in paradise

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

Let's put another spin on it:

Tourist arrivals to Thailand have skyrocketed by a staggering 3,900% month-on-month between September and October.

In September there were 0 arrivals.

In October 39 Chinese made it to the hallowed shores.

How that for some clever PR?

TAT really should hire me.

I make them look good!

For a fee.

Why pay a fee?  They will copy what you wrote

On 11/10/2020 at 5:08 AM, rickthailand said:

retirement visa????  are allowed to enter now?

rick

Yes, O-A Visas May be applied for; I am attempting to get what will be my third O-A Visa. But, it is going to be like hitting a bullseye from twice the distance and you get one dart... that costs time and money $$, just to take the shot.