Non O retirement valid for entering in Thailand

10 hours ago, Piscis said:

They say: "during COVID19 pandemic". The question is, will that requirement stay in place after the pandemic is over, or will they continue asking for that 400K/40K insurance thereafter?

I looked at the embassy website also.

It appears to me the requirements listed are to apply for a new visa (using Google translate). I see no mention of a having a valid visa or extension of stay with a re-entry permit.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I looked at the embassy website also.

It appears to me the requirements listed are to apply for a new visa (using Google translate). I see no mention of a having a valid visa or extension of stay with a re-entry permit.

Asolutelly. They always only use the terms "Visa" and "Re-Entry Permits", AFAIK, they newer used the stay permission status of an "extension of stay", regardless of what kind of Visa that extension was issued from.

However, before the "O" - Retirement Visa (for reason of retirement!) was added to the CoE List, I did apply for the CoE, using the "O-A" Visa on the dropdown list on the MFA website. I uploaded all required documents that they asked for, including ASQ booking, flight confirmation, COVID19 inssurance AND my 1 year extension of stay stamp which was based on a previous given Non O (Retirement) Visa (and the ME Re-Entry permit stamp). I downloaded as well the stamp of my Non O (R.) from my passport. 

I received a very fast response That my extension based on the Non O would not be eligible for a CoE. And they suggested to apply for the Non OA. I am assuming that, if the extension of stay would have been based on a Non OA, they would have issued me the CoE. They just dont use the term "extension of stay", but they might consider it eligible, as long as the correct Visa stands behind hat permission...

John 

• Like 1

On 11/11/2020 at 11:12 PM, Londinium said:

Yes, as I posted recently. I returned on my Non-Imm O visa with extension for retirement & multi-re-entry permit last Sunday. Absolutely no problem & RTE London very helpful. Had to show bank statements, insurance, ASQ etc.

at what point did u have to show bank statements? at the airport upon entry into Thailand? or during the application process?

Is it required for every non 0-visa retiree with a re-entry permit to show bank statements to re-enter Thailand? what if your visa is based on income not 800k? 

Edited by pleasehelpthaivisa

I have a valid non o-visa based on retirement and valid re-entry permit and have had same visa 5 years now. I had to leave Thailand on an emergency and now would like to come back. I am hesitant to apply until I am clear on what I need as I do not want to book a hotel and flight and then lose my money because of a problem.

Can anyone please verify what is needed?

I have a valid non o-visa based on retirement with valid re-entry that do not expire until May 2021.

I am an American citizen.

I assume I need the following:

1. covid test and fit to fly

2. covid insurance covering time left on visa

3. COE

4. Flight booking

5. ASQ booking

6. valid non 0-visa with valid re-entry permit

Do I need to prove money in bank? or income? again??

at what point will I be asked for this? at COE application? or at airport?

This is a lot of hoops to jump thru i dont want to make any mistakes.

Edited by pleasehelpthaivisa
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, pleasehelpthaivisa said:

I have a valid non o-visa based on retirement and valid re-entry permit and have had same visa 5 years now. I had to leave Thailand on an emergency and now would like to come back. I am hesitant to apply until I am clear on what I need as I do not want to book a hotel and flight and then lose my money because of a problem.

Can anyone please verify what is needed?

I have a valid non o-visa based on retirement with valid re-entry that do not expire until May 2021.

I am an American citizen.

I assume I need the following:

1. covid test and fit to fly

2. covid insurance covering time left on visa

3. COE

4. Flight booking

5. ASQ booking

6. valid non 0-visa with valid re-entry permit

Do I need to prove money in bank? or income? again??

at what point will I be asked for this? at COE application? or at airport?

This is a lot of hoops to jump thru i dont want to make any mistakes.

You are not applying for a new Visa, as your current Non Imm O Visa extension (it is not a Visa) is still valid due to the Re-Entry Permit.

So you will not have to meet any financial requirements (as you already met these requirements when you applied for the 1-year extension in Thailand).

• Like 1

Peter Denis,

I uploaded my Thai bank account statement, as I was asked by RTE, London. (non imm-O with valid retirement  extension and re-entry permit). I just took a screenshot from the bank balance showing in the app, together with transactions over the preceding 3 months. The embassy was fine with this. It was the only point in the entire journey back that I had to show any financial information.

Edited by Londinium
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Londinium said:

Peter Denis,

I uploaded my Thai bank account statement, as I was asked by RTE, London. (non imm-O with valid retirement  extension and re-entry permit). I just took a screenshot from the bank balance showing in the app, together with transactions over the preceding 3 months. The embassy was fine with this. It was the only point in the entire journey back that I had to show any financial information.

@pleasehelpthaivisa > Based on Londinium's post above, I stand corrected in my response to your post.

But I think it is very strange that evidence of meeting financial requirements is deemed necessary when you have a valid retirement Non Imm O extension protected by a Re-Entry permit.

We live in strange times, in which logic/reason do not seem to apply anymore.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

But I think it is very strange that evidence of meeting financial requirements is deemed necessary when you have a valid retirement Non Imm O extension protected by a Re-Entry permit.

It'll screw up those who used an agent and don't have the bank account evidence available.

1 hour ago, Londinium said:

I uploaded my Thai bank account statement, as I was asked by RTE, London. (non imm-O with valid retirement  extension and re-entry permit).

They were wrong. Maybe they should read their own website.

"If your visa has expired, you have to apply for a new visa. You must meet the requirements for non-O visa, with the additional requirement that applicants have health insurance for outpatient not less than 40,000 Baht and for inpatient not less than 400,000 Baht. Please check http://longstay.tgia.org> for more information regarding the insurance requirement."

Financial proof is also not required it you have a valid visa or a extension of stay with a re-entry permit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1