Non O retirement valid for entering in Thailand

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is not correct for all embassies and official consulates. Many are doing all visa applications by mail now.

The RTC in Munich does not take any more Visa applications via Email or Post mail:

"If the non-Thai national does not have a valid visa for Thailand, the Consulate General will, ... contact the applicant through the registration system to schedule an appointment for the visa to be picked up at the Consulate General."

Link: https://thaiconsulate.de/coenov2020

As i said above: This is the process the RTC in Munich is applying right now. 

• Like 2

On 11/14/2020 at 6:05 PM, Bvor said:

RTE Canberra has informed me that that the general health insurance is required for a valid non-o re-entry permit on extension of stay. When informed that such insurance is not available for an 80 year old they advised to apply for TR 60 where (ATM) such insurance is not required.

DUH!

You can get an internationally issued polucy at age 80 or even older.  Not inexpensive though, especially given the rOA visa requirement to include 40k of outpatient cover. And intl insurer would need to sign the "foreign indurance certificate". And you'd need to get a new OA and repeat this procedure when your permission to stay under the first visa ended, as cannot do an incountry extension with an international policy. It is accepted only for the initial visa issuance.

Other optiom is  to get the TR and then try to do a change of visa type once in country to an O visa. Which you could then extend annually with no insurance tequirement. (Do make sure to set ample funds aside for medical care though.).

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Piscis said:

khunjeff,  the new MFA website replaces many functions of the past Visa process (snailmail postage of your docs to RTE/RTC, communication with RTE/RTC...).  It was not only established to apply and receive the new CoE. All Visa applications and communications have to be done now via this website.

With my "final appointment" statement, i was refering to the new established Visa process. You choose the kind of Visa you wish to use OR apply new, to receive a CoE. If you do not have the required Visa, you continue on the MFA website and upload the required Visa documents. The choosen RTC/RTE comunicates with you if the docs are OK and sufficient. Once you have uploaded all docs, the RTE/RTC will give you the "final appointment", on which you have to go there, bring all docs in original and receive your Visa.

After that process of Visa issueance is finished, you upload the remaining and required documents (Visa, ASQ, Flight, COVID19 ins.), using the same 6 digit code you where using during the Visa application process on the MFA website. Then, finally, the CoE will be send to you electronically via MFA website.

At least this was the process i had to go through using RTC in Germany.

Best regrads,

John 

Thanks, that's interesting, since the coethailand.mfa.go.th site only seems to talk (as its URL would imply!) about COE processing. Out of curiosity, I plugged in information pretending that I was trying to get a COE for a retirement Non-O from Munich, and got the message below saying that any visa application would have to be filed directly with the consulate...so perhaps there are other options hidden within the application that can't be accessed by every user.

Screenshot_20201116-135604.jpg

Edited by khunjeff
Added image
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Sheryl said:

You can get an internationally issued polucy at age 80 or even older.  Not inexpensive though, especially given the rOA visa requirement to include 40k of outpatient cover. And intl insurer would need to sign the "foreign indurance certificate". And you'd need to get a new OA and repeat this procedure when your permission to stay under the first visa ended, as cannot do an incountry extension with an international policy. It is accepted only for the initial visa issuance.

Other optiom is  to get the TR and then try to do a change of visa type once in country to an O visa. Which you could then extend annually with no insurance tequirement. (Do make sure to set ample funds aside for medical care though.).

thx for reply

add in quarantine hotel to your mix and total cost is even more prohibitive

my 80 yo friend already has acquired retirement O visa which has a valid extension/re entry until 1/3/2021 - why get a new OA......... i'm lost in this mix

add in contradictory info from various embassies/consulates and its all too hard

will have to wait for serious reduction of hoops and hurdles before he can return to his TIT life - longtime lady friend, condo, vehicle, 800K bank account

vaccine is really his only option and if general health insurance not compulsory (when have 800K plus in thai bank)

31 minutes ago, Bvor said:

add in quarantine hotel to your mix and total cost is even more prohibitive

my 80 yo friend already has acquired retirement O visa which has a valid extension/re entry until 1/3/2021 - why get a new OA......... i'm lost in this mix

add in contradictory info from various embassies/consulates and its all too hard

will have to wait for serious reduction of hoops and hurdles before he can return to his TIT life - longtime lady friend, condo, vehicle, 800K bank account

vaccine is really his only option and if general health insurance not compulsory (when have 800K plus in thai bank)

He can apply for a certificate of entry at a embassy or official consulate now as stated earlier in this topic. He does not need to apply for the OA visa.

Not that hard to do and he can get the covid 19 insurance online here since the age limit is 99. https://covid19.tgia.org/

Even the certificate of entry application can be done online here. https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/

The big thing is the 14 day quarantine and getting the reservation done for the ASQ hotel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

He can apply for a certificate of entry at a embassy or official consulate now as stated earlier in this topic. He does not need to apply for the OA visa.

Not that hard to do and he can get the covid 19 insurance online here since the age limit is 99. https://covid19.tgia.org/

Even the certificate of entry application can be done online here. https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/

The big thing is the 14 day quarantine and getting the reservation done for the ASQ hotel.

thx for reply but easier said than done

over 80 age general health insurance (required for COE re valid O visa re entry) is cost prohibitive for my pensioner friend

if he uses the TR60 method for COE what then happens to his paid for "valid" O visa re entry/extension status ( i have already received conflicting advice from canberra embassy, perth consulate and TVF) and also what happens on expiration of TR60 +30

embassy/consulate info is inconsistent as often noted on this forum

uncertainty is the only thing certain here

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Bvor said:

thx for reply but easier said than done

over 80 age general health insurance (required for COE re valid O visa re entry) is cost prohibitive for my pensioner friend

if he uses the TR60 method for COE what then happens to his paid for "valid" O visa re entry/extension status ( i have already received conflicting advice from canberra embassy, perth consulate and TVF) and also what happens on expiration of TR60 +30

embassy/consulate info is inconsistent as often noted on this forum

uncertainty is the only thing certain here

You wrote that your 80 yo friend already has acquired retirement O visa which has a valid extension/re entry until 1/3/2021

So he already meets the Visa/Re-Entry Permit requirement for entering.

Therefore he would only need to subscribe to a 100.000 US $ coverage insurance for covid-19 treatment.  The TGIA offered covid-19 insurance policies < https://covid19.tgia.org/  > are age-independent (same premium for a 25 or an 85 year old) and cheap when applying from a low-risk covid-19 country like Australia.

He would also only need it for the period till permission to stay expiry (i.e. 1 March 2021), so normally a 90-day policy would be sufficient.  A quick look showed, that a 90-day insurance for his age and nationality would only cost 3.840 THB

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

You wrote that your 80 yo friend already has acquired retirement O visa which has a valid extension/re entry until 1/3/2021

So he already meets the Visa/Re-Entry Permit requirement for entering.

thx for reply

covid 19 insurance no problem.

however, canberra embassy has emailed me that he needs the 400/40 general health insurance requirement for COE re his visa/re entry permit.

if rte canberra is correct he cannot do cos his age makes such insurance cost prohibitive and therefore he does not meet "their" COE insurance requirement. 

hence the TR60 question and its ramifications for him.   

15 minutes ago, Bvor said:

thx for reply

covid 19 insurance no problem.

however, canberra embassy has emailed me that he needs the 400/40 general health insurance requirement for COE re his visa/re entry permit.

if rte canberra is correct he cannot do cos his age makes such insurance cost prohibitive and therefore he does not meet "their" COE insurance requirement. 

hence the TR60 question and its ramifications for him.   

Yes, I did read 'rumors' that the 400K/40K in/out-patient health-insurance requirement has now also been imposed when applying for a 90-day Non Imm O Visa for reason of retirement.

I thought this very strange as the large majority of such policies are policies for 1-year.  And when applying for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa you would only need it for 3 months (unless they would also impose that new requirement when extending in-country, which would be Ground-breaking news).

But you are saying that the Canberra Thai Embassy, also mentions that such a policy is required when re-entering on the valid Permit to Stay based on the retirement-extension of his Non Imm O Visa.

WOW, that makes it quite difficult for those over 75 years of age as Thai policies are no option for them anymore at that age, and it would be quite difficult to find a foreign insurer that would provide him such policy at age 80 years.

Of course he can currently re-enter on the 60-day Tourist Visa, but that requires the equivalent of 500.000 THB seasoned for 6 months on a bank-account, and that seasoning aspect might prove once again a difficult requirement to meet.  

4 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Of course he can currently re-enter on the 60-day Tourist Visa, but that requires the equivalent of 500.000 THB seasoned for 6 months on a bank-account, and that seasoning aspect might prove once again a difficult requirement to meet.

everything is strange with MFA and its underlings

he has over 800K in thai bank account for over 10 years re his O visa & extensions so should be ok (why not acknowledged as self insured ?)

but what about TR60 ramifications and red tape inconsistencies) -

1. can he transfer to another O visa given that rte canberra has emailed me that entry on TR60 will cause his current extension of stay to be cancelled at swampy (?)

2. will a new O visa require 400/40 health insurance 

3. will he have to return to oz or somewhere else on expiration of TR - that would finish TIT for him and cause big headache re his TIT held assets.   

1 hour ago, Bvor said:

.I don't think that is correct. They are not showing 400/40k baht insurance for a certificate of entry for a OA/OX visa entry.

See: https://canberra.thaiembassy.org/11-2-long-stay-o-a-and-long-stay-10-years-o-x-visa-holders-retirement-visa-holders/

The website does not show the non-o extension for retirement yet.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bvor said:

...but what about TR60 ramifications and red tape inconsistencies) -

1. can he transfer to another O visa given that rte canberra has emailed me that entry on TR60 will cause his current extension of stay to be cancelled at swampy (?)

2. will a new O visa require 400/40 health insurance 

3. will he have to return to oz or somewhere else on expiration of TR - that would finish TIT for him and cause big headache re his TIT held assets.   

1. Yes, when re-entering Thailand he would then have

a) his still valid re-entry permit from his retirement extension based on his Non Imm O Visa, and

b) a new 60-day Tourist Visa

>> As he does not have the 400K/40K health-insurance certificate he would normally not be able to enter with #a, and as the Canberra Embassy mentions that one will be cancelled on entry, but he will be able to enter on #b

2. He will need to apply for a 90-day Non Imm O Visa, when he still has at least 15 days left on the permission to stay from the 60-day Tourist  Visa he received on entry.

Such application does NOT require any insurance requirements.

And he can use the 800K already on his personal Thai bank-account to meet the financial requirements for that 90-day Non Imm O Visa application for reason of retirement.

The funds only need to be on that personal thai bank-account at the moment of application.

3. Once he has the 90-day Non Imm O Visa for reason of retirement, he can subsequently apply for the 1-year extension based on that Non Imm O Visa.  This needs to be done in the last month of that 90-day Visa provided him, and he would need to show that the +800K on his personal Thai bank-account were seasoned there for at least two months.

When he is back on the 1-year extension of stay based on his Non Imm O Visa, he can continue extending the permission of the stay.

Note: Should he have to exit Thailand (e.g. urgency in his home-country), he might consider marrying this long-time lady-friend before doing that as returning to Thailand when married to a Thai national is much simpler (no health-insurance requirement and priority treatment).

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

.I don't think that is correct. They are not showing 400/40k baht insurance for a certificate of entry for a OA/OX visa entry.

See: https://canberra.thaiembassy.org/11-2-long-stay-o-a-and-long-stay-10-years-o-x-visa-holders-retirement-visa-holders/

could well be incorrect given my experience with TIT, rte canberra and perth consulate

i am relatively unfamiliar with the O visa types

i thought that apart from non "o" the others already had health insurance from day one

given that rte canberra issues the COE what can i do

i think best for him to wait and see and hope that some common sense comes to be - too much to ask for i fear    

35 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Most probably because that link shows the requirements for the CoE.

The fact that you have a valid Non Imm O-A Visa already implies that you met the 400/40K THB insurance requirement when you applied for it.

>> But indeed more clarity would be provided when the website also lists the requirements for the CoE when entering on a Non Imm O Visa/Re-entry Permit for reason of retirement.

THX peter denis for reply

i agree with your info

the problem is

A. uncertainty regarding the "new" TR60 being used/transferred to another visa ie non "o" - various reports say can/cannot

B. uncertainty regarding a new 400/40 requirement for non "O" retirement type - again various reports  (can always employ smiling immigration agent)

best my friend adopts the wait and see approach as continual changes occurring   

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If it will help anybody to have more confidence I got a message from a member that got a COE from the embassy in London for a extension based upon retirement. Did the application entirely online.

was general health insurance required?

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is still early days for being able to get a COE for it. They may change it after they post it on their website.

will wait and see

i reckon TIT near death economy will force MFA to lessen the hoops and hurdles

can still have covid free medical certificate and covid insurance cover

dec, jan and feb have been significant tourist months

Just checked the German Thai embassy website and Non-O seems to be back on the menu, albeit with the current ASQ/Insurance/COE etc overriders.

Otherwise normal conditions.

There's no mention of multi entry.

But at least it's back.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Only the covid 19 insurance was required.

The RTE in Rome for a case like this (still valid extension based on non-imm O for retirement) was asking also the general health 400k/40k insurance.

But this was on the 9th of November, today is the 17th, who knows......... 

• Like 1

RTC in Munich states: New requirement for the Non O is the same 400K/40K health insurance as it was /is for the Non O A. 

Only difference is, they add the comment: "NEW: during the COVID19 pandemic".

Here the link for the RTC in Munich, requirements for the Non O (Retirement):

https://thaiconsulate.de/visa-o

They say: "during COVID19 pandemic". The question is, will that requirement stay in place after the pandemic is over, or will they continue asking for that 400K/40K insurance thereafter?

John

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BusyB said:

Just checked the German Thai embassy website and Non-O seems to be back on the menu, albeit with the current ASQ/Insurance/COE etc overriders.

Otherwise normal conditions.

There's no mention of multi entry.

But at least it's back.

Busy, they are asking now for the 400K/40K health insurance to get a Non O (Retirement). 

Best regards,

John

On 11/12/2020 at 2:12 PM, Londinium said:

Yes, as I posted recently. I returned on my Non-Imm O visa with extension for retirement & multi-re-entry permit last Sunday. Absolutely no problem & RTE London very helpful. Had to show bank statements, insurance, ASQ etc.

How did you show bank statements when you're not in Thailand? Do they accept bank statement that we can print online without any signature?

7 hours ago, Banana7 said:

Canadians with a valid retirement visa are eligible to return, but lots of costs. See here

https://ottawa.thaiembassy.org/en/content/non-immigrant-visa-category-o-a-o-x-long-stay?cate=5f069ee272a783584326eaf5

I only see the OA and OX visa on that page.

I cannot find anything about the having a valid non-o visa or a extension of stay with a re-entry permit on the site. It does appear when going on the COE application website.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Piscis said:

They say: "during COVID19 pandemic". The question is, will that requirement stay in place after the pandemic is over, or will they continue asking for that 400K/40K insurance thereafter?

It would require that Immigration issues a PoliceOrder that applications for a 1-year extension of stay for reason of retirement based on a Non Imm O Visa would also need mandatory 400K/40K insurance.  From an administrative point of view that would be relatively simple to do, as it is basically copy/pasting the requirement that is already in place for the Non Imm O-A Visa retirement extension application and apply it also for Non Imm O Visa.

But apart from the outrage it would create, such a move would also create the problem that those over 75 years of age would not have any 'escape options' left (Non Imm O-A Visa holders over 75 years of age are currently advised to switch to a Non Imm O Visa as none of the mandatory TGIA insurers allow +75 years old to subscribe to their policies).  During the Amnesty with borders closed and switching to a Non Imm O Visa not possible, an elderly Non Imm O-A Visa got the ridiculous advice to marry a Thai lady as that would enable him to apply for reason of marriage (which does not require the mandatory insurance). 

• Thanks 2