Non O retirement valid for entering in Thailand

42 minutes ago, wayne07836 said:

Thanks for the reply, do you know if I can apply in Dubai as I am on a Military Base and don't actually venture out into Afghanistan.

On the COE webpage Dubai shows the non-o visa (extensions). But you might have to be a resident of Dubai to apply there. I suggest you contact them about the getting the COE or like you said try doing the application online for the COE.

Edit: You might want to contact the embassy in Islamabad about it as well since that is designated embassy of Afghanistan. You might be able to do the COE online and do everything by email.

Contact info here: https://islamabad.thaiembassy.org/en/page/42536-location-map?menu=5d7615de15e39c4934002f06

Would it possible for you to get the covid 19 test and fit to fly certificate done on the base where you are working?

Edited by ubonjoe

17 hours ago, Sheryl said:

None of the three sites mentioned take you there.

Maybe you should just use the MFA website - you can choose the US RTE or RTC you prefer to visit for the final appointment. If you not get a reponse within 3 days, they might not using it and you can still call or Email them...

John

• Like 1

Osaka Japan consulate
http://www.thaiconsulate.jp/en/topics_detail1/id=983
Ø For holders of retirement (O-Retirement) visa:
- A copy of valid O-Retirement visa
- A copy of valid re-entry permit and stay permit stamp (if any)
- A copy of valid health insurance covering the whole period of stay in Thailand with the required coverage of not less than 400,000 baht per policy year for inpatient and not less than 40,000 baht per policy year for out patient

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, SYSY said:

Osaka Japan consulate
- A copy of valid health insurance covering the whole period of stay in Thailand with the required coverage of not less than 400,000 baht per policy year for inpatient and not less than 40,000 baht per policy year for out patient

Hi,

I originally thought there was an error in what you posted, because it is the first time I see that a 90-day Non Imm O Visa application for reason of retirement, requires meeting the 400K/40K health-insurance requirement.  But you are correct and it seems that when applying in Japan for that Visa you would need to meet that requirement.  The website also indicates that you need to show a balance of +800K for 3 months on your bank-account to meet the financial requirements for such 90-day Non Imm O Visa application!

Such seasoning requirement is NOT required for the 1-year Non Imm O-A Visa.  And so you now have the strange situation that the requirements for the 1-year Non Imm O-A are LESS stringent than for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa.

Note: The website incorrectly indicates that entry on a Non Imm O-A Visa will only provide you with a 90-day permission to stay (while in reality every entry on a valid Non Imm O-A Visa entitles you to a 12 month permission to stay).

So if the Embassy website is wrong on that issue, its possible that they also screwed up on the requirements for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa for reason of retirement...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I believe
1. If holding valid non O retirement VISA and Re-entry permission, COE can be applied with additional Insurance.
2. If not holding retirement VISA, we can issue in Japan.
New non-O retirement VISA is initially 90 days valid and after then expand another 1 year. Even in Thailand the processing is like this.
One big difference is insurance "valid health insurance covering the whole period of stay in Thailand with the required coverage of not less than 400,000 baht per policy year for inpatient and not less than 40,000 baht per policy year for out patient"

http://www.thaiconsulate.jp/files/user/Eligibility for COE.pdf

33 minutes ago, SYSY said:

Osaka Japan consulate

The London embassy website states that insurance is needed if applying for a new non-o visa.

Not needed if you have valid non-o or a re-entry permit for a extension.

Perhaps an error on that webpage.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The London embassy website states that insurance is needed if applying for a new non-o visa.

Also the Rome Embassy told me, at the phone, that the insurance (400.000/40.000) is required to get a new non O retirement visa.

Their site is not update

Insurance required for the lenght of authorization to stay (90 days)

I do not know what will happen when, after 90 days, I will ask the permit extension at the thai immigration. We'll see.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That would be the $100,000 covid 19 insurance. 

I am not sure.

I understood (by phone) , that not only the 100.000$ covid insurance, but also the 400k/40k is required for the lenght of the permit of 90 days.

This would be logic, considering that the non O retirement, in Rome, is issued for 90 days staying

Hope they will update the site

10 minutes ago, federicoP said:

I am not sure.

I understood (by phone) , that not only the 100.000$ covid insurance, but also the 400k/40k is required for the lenght of the permit of 90 days.

This would be logic, considering that the non O retirement, in Rome, is issued for 90 days staying

Hope they will update the site

It seems that when applying for a NEW 90-day Non Imm O Visa for reason of retirement, the Thai Embassies have added the additional health-insurance requirement which previously was only required when applying for the Non Imm O-A Visa.

On the Thai Embassy London website it reads:

> If your visa has expired, you have to apply for a new visa. You must meet the requirements for non-O visa, with the additional requirement that applicants have health insurance for outpatient not less than 40,000 Baht and for inpatient not less than 400,000 Baht. Please check http://longstay.tgia.org> for more information regarding the insurance requirement.

I'm in Thailand on a Non B extension based on retirement.

My Canadian wife is in Canada with a Non B retirement extension and valid re-entry permit. Her extension is based on being my dependent. I don't imagine I'll ever see this combo in a drop down menu to apply for a COE for her. 

Anyone know any different?

1 hour ago, Peter Denis said:

I originally thought there was an error in what you posted, because it is the first time I see that a 90-day Non Imm O Visa application for reason of retirement, requires meeting the 400K/40K health-insurance requirement.

I mentioned in a reply to you before that it is also required on the London Embassy site.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, kilt said:

My Canadian wife is in Canada with a Non B retirement extension and valid re-entry permit. Her extension is based on being my dependent. I don't imagine I'll ever see this combo in a drop down menu to apply for a COE for her. 

At this time a certificate of entry cannot be applied for a family member of a person on a extension of stay based upon retirement.

On some websites they have stated that spouse of a person applying for a OA visa must get the OA visa as well.

Maybe the will allow it in due time since the are allowing those that applied for a extension of non-o visa entry based upon retirement to enter the country if they have a valid re-entry permit.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I mentioned in a reply to you before that it is also required on the London Embassy site.

I just checked the requirements for the Non O (Retirement) on the Website of the RTC in Germany (Munich). Same here, new requirement for the Non O is the same 400K/40K health insurance as it was /is for the Non O A.  Only difference is, they add the comment: "NEW: during the COVID19 pandemic".

For the CoE though there is still the COVID19 100K US$ required... I guess that applies to all Visa.

John

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Not needed if you have valid non-o or a re-entry permit for a extension.

Perhaps an error on that webpage.

RTE Canberra has informed me that that the general health insurance is required for a valid non-o re-entry permit on extension of stay. When informed that such insurance is not available for an 80 year old they advised to apply for TR 60 where (ATM) such insurance is not required.

DUH!

On 11/14/2020 at 8:53 AM, ubonjoe said:

On the COE webpage Dubai shows the non-o visa (extensions). But you might have to be a resident of Dubai to apply there. I suggest you contact them about the getting the COE or like you said try doing the application online for the COE.

Edit: You might want to contact the embassy in Islamabad about it as well since that is designated embassy of Afghanistan. You might be able to do the COE online and do everything by email.

Contact info here: https://islamabad.thaiembassy.org/en/page/42536-location-map?menu=5d7615de15e39c4934002f06

Would it possible for you to get the covid 19 test and fit to fly certificate done on the base where you are working?

Thanks Ubonjoe for your advice,

Yes I can get the PCR test and certificate done here on base, it is also a requirement to fly from here to Dubai, I could just do with a recommendation for an insurance company that can provide the acceptable cover that is required. 

21 minutes ago, wayne07836 said:

Thanks Ubonjoe for your advice,

Yes I can get the PCR test and certificate done here on base, it is also a requirement to fly from here to Dubai, I could just do with a recommendation for an insurance company that can provide the acceptable cover that is required. 

You could get the COE from Islamabad and travel via Dubai.

Check here for the covid 19 insurance. https://covid19.tgia.org

1 hour ago, wayne07836 said:

For options re the 100.000 US $ covid-19 insurance > check link to this post

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1192040-my-way-back-to-thailand-–-from-non-o-to-non-oa-for-reason-of-retirement/page/2/#elControls_16003286_menu

On 11/14/2020 at 3:31 PM, ubonjoe said:

At this time a certificate of entry cannot be applied for a family member of a person on a extension of stay based upon retirement.

On some websites they have stated that spouse of a person applying for a OA visa must get the OA visa as well.

Maybe the will allow it in due time since the are allowing those that applied for a extension of non-o visa entry based upon retirement to enter the country if they have a valid re-entry permit.

Got it. My wife has an extension based on retirement on a NON B visa with a valid re-entry permit. The extension expires in March. So you're saying only if the original visa was an O visa she could get a COE, but not with a B ?

33 minutes ago, kilt said:

Got it. My wife has an extension based on retirement on a NON B visa with a valid re-entry permit. The extension expires in March. So you're saying only if the original visa was an O visa she could get a COE, but not with a B ?

No

You wrote wrote your wife has an extension based upon your extension that is a extension based upon being your spouse.

On 11/14/2020 at 2:40 PM, kilt said:

My Canadian wife is in Canada with a Non B retirement extension and valid re-entry permit. Her extension is based on being my dependent.

If she had her own extension based upon retirement she could apply for the COE. She cannot get one for being your spouse.

17 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

No

You wrote wrote your wife has an extension based upon your extension that is a extension based upon being your spouse.

If she had her own extension based upon retirement she could apply for the COE. She cannot get one for being your spouse.

Thank you Joe,  last question... The stamp in my wife's passport (who is over 50 years old) looks just like mine. Extension based on retirement. Original visa being a "B" (she did have a B visa herself). Valid re-entry permit. Nothing in there about being a dependent or anything. Only difference being that when we renew our extensions every year, I only need one account with the 800K baht. Grasping at straws but sounds like we're screwed and she would need to apply for her own new "O" visa based on retirement? Just seems nuts.

16 minutes ago, kilt said:

Thank you Joe,  last question... The stamp in my wife's passport (who is over 50 years old) looks just like mine. Extension based on retirement. Original visa being a "B" (she did have a B visa herself). Valid re-entry permit. Nothing in there about being a dependent or anything. Only difference being that when we renew our extensions every year, I only need one account with the 800K baht. Grasping at straws but sounds like we're screwed and she would need to apply for her own new "O" visa based on retirement? Just seems nuts.

Most offices put a stamp near the extension stamp stating retirement. Or they put a note in Thai for the reason that extension is was issued for. Some even do a stamp under them stating the clause of the police order it is based upon.

Immigration writes a note at the top of the page that says it is based upon marriage with a number to show many of them I have applied for.

She might have to apply for OA visa since many embassies and official consulate will not issue a non-o for retirement.

Maybe the government will make a change to rules for getting a certificate of entry to add family members of those on OA visas or extensions of stay based upon retirement.

• Like 1

On 11/13/2020 at 3:43 PM, Sheryl said:

Not yet showing in websites of Thai Emb and consulates in US nor on the Thai Embassy in Cambodia website. Hopefully just a matter iof time...

It's now on the website of the Thai Embassy in Phnom Penh.

Screenshot_20201116-103318__02.jpg

Edited by khunjeff
  • Thanks 2

On 11/14/2020 at 12:02 PM, Piscis said:

Maybe you should just use the MFA website - you can choose the US RTE or RTC you prefer to visit for the final appointment. If you not get a reponse within 3 days, they might not using it and you can still call or Email them...

John

There's no in-person "final appointment" when using the MFA's new COE website - the entire process is done online, and the certificate is sent to you electronically.

1 hour ago, khunjeff said:

There's no in-person "final appointment" when using the MFA's new COE website - the entire process is done online, and the certificate is sent to you electronically.

khunjeff,  the new MFA website replaces many functions of the past Visa process (snailmail postage of your docs to RTE/RTC, communication with RTE/RTC...).  It was not only established to apply and receive the new CoE. All Visa applications and communications have to be done now via this website.

With my "final appointment" statement, i was refering to the new established Visa process. You choose the kind of Visa you wish to use OR apply new, to receive a CoE. If you do not have the required Visa, you continue on the MFA website and upload the required Visa documents. The choosen RTC/RTE comunicates with you if the docs are OK and sufficient. Once you have uploaded all docs, the RTE/RTC will give you the "final appointment", on which you have to go there, bring all docs in original and receive your Visa.

After that process of Visa issueance is finished, you upload the remaining and required documents (Visa, ASQ, Flight, COVID19 ins.), using the same 6 digit code you where using during the Visa application process on the MFA website. Then, finally, the CoE will be send to you electronically via MFA website.

At least this was the process i had to go through using RTC in Germany.

Best regrads,

John 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Piscis said:

he choosen RTC/RTE comunicates with you if the docs are OK and sufficient. Once you have uploaded all docs, the RTE/RTC will give you the "final appointment", on which you have to go there, bring all docs in original and receive your Visa.

That is not correct for all embassies and official consulates. Many are doing all visa applications by mail now.