Motorcyclist killed after big black dog ran out during race on the highway

webfact

6pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

A motorcyclist was killed in the early hours of this morning after accepting a challenge to race on Phuttamonthon Sai 1 heading towards Petchkasem west of Bangkok.

A big black dog ran out into the path of one of a pair of racers. His Honda LS 125 was propelled into a tree. His mangled body was found by Bang Sao Thong police and Poh Teck Tung rescue foundation at the scene.

Noppadol said that he had been out with his friend on their bikes when another rider challenged them to a race. He parked to watch the contest but saw the dog run out into the path of his friend.

He said he had never seen a dog in that area before. 

Relatives of the deceased were soon on the scene - Thai Rath reported they were distraught.

Noppadol went with the police to give further evidence. 

The dead body was taken to the Sirirat hospital morgue.

The other rider disappeared and the fate of the dog was not known. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-11-12

3 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Many of us here have about as much concern over the fate of suicidal bike racers as they have for others on the road. Reading the link, this was some sort of face saving, organised race with another of the same ilk. The bike appears to be modified for the purpose.

I'm more concerned for the dog who probably was unable to judge the speed of the oncoming idiot.. I'm glad it wasn't an innocent pedestrian.

I doubt a dog would be judging anything, seeing as I have to dodge them daily at normal speeds....????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Some posts in which the quoted content had been altered in a trolling manner have been removed:

16) You will not make changes to quoted material from other members posts, except for purposes of shortening the quoted post. This cannot be done in such a manner that it alters the context of the original post.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 125 cc Also, couldn't be going that fast but still fast enough to die

Actually dogs are a real problem, I nearly had two accidents in quick succession (with 30 mins of each other) with dogs running out at me......(On the motorway) in Phangna

Its extremely irresponsible to have dogs roaming around the front garden.....when your house is right next to a motorway

I first one barely missed me, the second time.... I pulled over when I saw the dog about 100 m in front of me (Looking straight at me), I waited for traffic to clear on the motorway and veered to the right hand lane..............while going about 30 km/h.....then it start to ran out........so I constantly honked my horn, yet it still didn't the message..........it's a miracle I didn't come off or run the dog over

• Like 1

22 hours ago, webfact said:

6pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

A motorcyclist was killed in the early hours of this morning after accepting a challenge to race on Phuttamonthon Sai 1 heading towards Petchkasem west of Bangkok.

A big black dog ran out into the path of one of a pair of racers. His Honda LS 125 was propelled into a tree. His mangled body was found by Bang Sao Thong police and Poh Teck Tung rescue foundation at the scene.

Noppadol said that he had been out with his friend on their bikes when another rider challenged them to a race. He parked to watch the contest but saw the dog run out into the path of his friend.

He said he had never seen a dog in that area before. 

Relatives of the deceased were soon on the scene - Thai Rath reported they were distraught.

Noppadol went with the police to give further evidence. 

The dead body was taken to the Sirirat hospital morgue.

The other rider disappeared and the fate of the dog was not known. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-11-12

Another one of these morons who won't be risking innocent peoples lives any more off the roads for good.

• Like 1