Public urged to watch COVID-19 symptoms in winter

snoop1130

Public urged to watch COVID-19 symptoms in winter

027d77230aeff1f36e8bf026c0d49eb3_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Ministry of Public Health has advised the general public to keep an eye on their health in winter, especially for flu-like symptoms which could be from COVID-19. The ministry has also warned the public to be cautious of handling virus contaminated parcels.

The Department of Disease Control’s (DDC) Director of the Division of Communicable Diseases, Dr Sopon Iamsirithaworn has issued a warning regarding the increase in the number of common cold and flu cases during the winter season, which has posed concerns on the possible spread of COVID-19 due to the nature of symptoms these diseases share.

Members of the general public are encouraged to monitor their own health and that of others near them. Persons experiencing fever, coughs, a sore throat, respiratory symptoms, and loss of taste or smell after visiting a community or crowded area should immediately wear a face covering, and seek medical attention.

The Ministry of Public Health is concerned with reports in foreign countries of COVID-19 contracted from viruses on parcels. The ministry is encouraging the public to wash their hands after receiving any parcels, and clean the packaging with alcohol whenever possible. They should also be wearing a face covering when receiving a delivery from a courier.

nnt.jpg

-- © Copyright NNT 2020-11-13

• Haha 2

The best way of checking if you have C19 without actual testing (which seems to be as exotic as the fabled white elephant in Thailand) is to keep an eye on your blood oxygen level using an oximeter. Readily available on Lazada and not expensive, if you see your oxygen level drop below 95% it's likely you have C19 and you should go to a hospital. If you've got a cough and the usual cold or flu symptoms, but your blood oxygen saturation stays up above 95%, then it probably is just a cold or flu. It's not foolproof, but then neither are the tests, however it's a lot better than just praying.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, lkv said:

They won't test you for covid in Thailand even if you end up on a ventilator, the Government dictates the policy, and that is of no testing whatsoever.

Absolute <deleted>. Friends with a doctor who works in a Govt hospital and testing is taking place.

Edited by edwinchester
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, DirtyHarry55 said:

Had a sore throat and cough last week gone now after a few days but didn't fancy coughing up 6k for a test and even worse if positive being forced to stay in hospital bed for a month.

Ok so if positive just pass it on the other nice eh>

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Members of the general public are encouraged to monitor their own health and that of others near them. Persons experiencing fever, coughs, a sore throat, respiratory symptoms, and loss of taste or smell after visiting a community or crowded area should immediately wear a face covering, and seek medical attention.

As always too late.

6 hours ago, lkv said:

They won't test you for covid in Thailand even if you end up on a ventilator, the Government dictates the policy, and that is of no testing whatsoever.

So all the testing of those in quarantine doesn't happen!

Edited by Keesters
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Members of the general public are encouraged to monitor their own health and that of others near them.

Yes, never ever let your guard down nor relax...

Great advice brought to you by Thai Hypochondriacs Inc..and proven 100% effective against the risk of sudden velociraptor attacks.

3 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Yes, never ever let your guard down nor relax...

Great advice brought to you by Thai Hypochondriacs Inc..and proven 100% effective against the risk of sudden velociraptor attacks.

Velociraptors, nice new name for the current Government @Peter Denis.  Wonder if the BMW smart cars will have the built in temperature scanner along with the facial recognition software, much like the Video Camera Face scanner at some of the Malls.  You just have to believe they are tied to the Immigration tracking website as well. 

Nine months of lockdown. We have been told time and time again that we do not have Covid-19 in thailand. Now this warning? 

When will this government offer relief package to all business owners? 

Stop waisting our time with all the BS!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, DirtyHarry55 said:

With only mild symptoms self quarantine would be enough I think no need to fill up the Hospitals.

The government tried that when quarantine first came in. Most people in quarantine dissappeared which is why state quarantine was brought in. The UK are doing the same with similar results except that in Thailand there now is no Covid whereas its raging in the UK with full lockdown again in place. Is that what you want for Thailand?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oldie said:

But at least here in Pattaya I don't see much enforcement (anymore). 

I am a strong advocate of wearing masks in counties that have a problem with Covid. In Pattaya I complied because it was the socially acceptable thing to do. Now, apart from shopping malls and supermarkets, even Thais don't seem to bother, so I don't.

Went to big C yesterday and spent a lot of time hanging around so decided to observe who was wearing masks and who wasn't. I was wearing a mask inside. I didn't observe one Thai not wearing a mask. Several ferangs not wearing them, all had baldy heads and tattoos. Oh and a couple of Arabs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

How long time can Covid-19 virus survive outside a body?

I've read in earlier news articles that the Covid-19 virus might survive from one to three days at most. If that's facts, then it's just to just leve incoming parcels in the container 72 hours before sorting them...????

Alternatively having a parcel band running through an UV-gate – like the ones humans had to pass through at some locations, like entrance to malls in Bangkok, or entrance to night-life area on Samui, and probably other places – I presume that it would make the parcels safe...:whistling: