UK PM Johnson's Brexit 'brain' Cummings to leave Downing Street

rooster59

3 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Mays deal was unacceptable because it was regarded as Brino and it was Brino to appeal to the Remainers 

It was the deal negotiated in good faith by the Tory prime minister. The remainers didn't vote for it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, polpott said:

Demise as in passing a quick oven ready deal.

You are being deliberately obstropulous, if you cannot accept democracy why don't you just say so instead of coming out with this nonsense. Quoting slogans are what remainers do best.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, polpott said:

If Tory MPs had all voted for Mays deal it would have passed.

3 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Do you think that ALL Labour supporters and ALL Labour M.P's wanted to remain in the EU and that All Conservative supporters and MP's wanted to leave ? 

6 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Mays deal was unacceptable because it was regarded as Brino and it was Brino to appeal to the Remainers 

Exactly and I wonder how many of the remainers in parliament had now wished they had voted on Mays deal, I feel sure that there will be many that will carry that burden for a long time to come, but snooze, you lose, all they have left now is the blame game.

• Like 1

Just now, vogie said:

Exactly and I wonder how many of the remainers in parliament had now wished they had voted on Mays deal, I feel sure that there will be many that will carry that burden for a long time to come, but snooze, you lose, all they have left now is the blame game.

I wonder how many Brexiteers in parliament now wish they had voted for May's deal.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, vogie said:

Yes, they were offered BRINO , but they wanted full on stay and they had a cunning plan ;, Reject all proposals , say no to everything , wait until the next election, vote Corbyn in , have another referendum and by that time many of the Brexit voters would have died and the Remain vote would then win .

Which didnt quite go as planned 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, CorpusChristie said:

Answer the question then , read the question and then respond to the question :

Do you think that ALL Labour supporters and ALL Labour M.P's wanted to remain in the EU and that All Conservative supporters and MP's wanted to leave ? 

No. But what relevance that has I've no idea.

1 hour ago, Surelynot said:

It was what the rightwing of the Tory party wanted...they threatened to leave and join UKIP...Cameron wet himself and went mental....promising a vote in order to placate them.....not realizing the Mail, the Express and the rest of the rightwing media had been brainwashing the population for 40 years that the EU was the sole source of all the ills of the world.

I think you have forgotten about the 1983 Labour  Manifesto

We will also open immediate negotiations with our EEC partners, and introduce the necessary legislation, to prepare for Britain's withdrawal from the EEC, to be completed well within the lifetime of the Labour government.

https://web.archive.org/web/20150330053201/http:/www.labour-party.org.uk/manifestos/1983/1983-labour-manifesto.shtml

Or in 2007 Vince Cable Lib dems

Tomorrow the Liberal Democrats will table an amendment to the Government’s parliamentary motion proposing the Queen’s Speech. Our amendment calls for a referendum on Britain’s membership of the European Union.

In truth, the EU has changed beyond recognition from the EEC that Britain originally joined in 1973.

No-one under the age of fifty – including the current Foreign Secretary – has had a say on Britain’s membership of the EU. An in-out referendum would give people a vote on the broad issue rather than a narrower referendum on the Reform Treaty and allow us to promote the positive benefits of membership

https://www.libdemvoice.org/vince-cable-on-european-referendum-1609.html

Edited by vinny41
typo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, vogie said:

I known you for about 5 years now and I know you let you prejudices get in the way of your posts so before you engage in another bickerfest............

So being a Brexiteer isn't a prejudice but being a remainer is?:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, CorpusChristie said:

From your posts , you dont seem to realise this isnt about Conservatives and Labour because numerous Conservatives wanted to stay and numerous Labour wanted to leave 

The Tory party supported leave. The labour party were suposed to support remain but didn't really due to the fact that their leader was a life long leaver.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, polpott said:

I haven't ignored it, I just believe that it was the wrong decision for my country. I can't change it but I'll be damned if I will agree with it. I'm a patriot and want whats best for my country. You just want to massage your jingoistic ego, "take back sovereignty", "control our borders". Just meaningless jingoistic rhetoric.

I have the opinion that leaving the E.U is best for the UK .

IMO , the UK will fare better without being shackled to the EU .

Instead of getting a constant flow of cheap labour from the E.U , train British kids to do those jobs

I have the opinion that leaving the E.U is best for the UK .

IMO , the UK will fare better without being shackled to the EU .

Instead of getting a constant flow of cheap labour from the E.U , train British kids to do those jobs

A Bsc in fruit picking?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, polpott said:

The Tory party supported leave. The labour party were suposed to support remain but didn't really due to the fact that their leader was a life long leaver.

Cameroon wanted to remain, the Conservatives respected the will of the British public , they did what we told them to do .

Individually though , some Conservatives wanted to remain 

Cameroon wanted to remain, the Conservatives respected the will of the British public , they did what we told them to do .

Individually though , some Conservatives wanted to remain 

And your point is?

• Like 1