Biden advisers urge immediate COVID-19 action as infections mount

webfact

3 hours ago, puipuitom said:

This Republican president want to break the record of the Democratic president, Roosevelt, for the number of deaths during his administration.  Roosevelt needed 4 years and two terms to reach that, Trump will do it in 3/4 of a  year, one term.  as of March 31, 1946 there were an estimated 286,959 dead. see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_military_casualties_of_war#:~:text=As of June 2018 total of US World,Wounded as 103%2C 284 and MIA as 8%2C177. 

Covid-19: 249.730 per 16 Nov '20 

I was under the impression the casualties of war under Roosevelt were incurred in the cause of defeating the totalitarianism of the Nazis and the Japanese. I'm just wondering what noble cause COVID-19 deaths are serving for Trump.

11 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Unless there is some sort of law that can force people to work while sick, I can't see nurses working while ill unless they choose to do so. Perhaps they are nurses that tested positive but have zero symptoms.

They would probably segregate positive nurses to work in specific wards and no non infected nurses in them, IMO.

It's not about the law, per se, it's about common sense and known medical facts.  It's never a good idea to have someone who has tested positive to be out-and-about, let alone working.   Whether they are symptomatic, they can spread the virus.  If you are working, you are going to have to travel to work and that means filling up with gas and interacting with an attendant.  You are going to have to eat, which means being in a cafeteria (and you can't eat with a mask).   It means you will walk through hallways on your way in and out that have people, etc., etc.,   

Do you think that just because someone is asymptomatic today that they won't get sick in a few days?   Do you think that the stress, strain and work involved in working in a Covid unit won't exacerbate any illness?   

An employer can require you to work unless you have a medical condition that deems you unfit to work.  This order does just that.   So, if you are Covid + and asymptomatic, you work or face being fired or having it taken off your vacation time.   

But regardless of all of this, I think it points to the dire situation facing medical facilities in ND (and probably other states) that this is happening.

1 hour ago, Credo said:

It's not about the law, per se, it's about common sense and known medical facts.  It's never a good idea to have someone who has tested positive to be out-and-about, let alone working.   Whether they are symptomatic, they can spread the virus.  If you are working, you are going to have to travel to work and that means filling up with gas and interacting with an attendant.  You are going to have to eat, which means being in a cafeteria (and you can't eat with a mask).   It means you will walk through hallways on your way in and out that have people, etc., etc.,   

Do you think that just because someone is asymptomatic today that they won't get sick in a few days?   Do you think that the stress, strain and work involved in working in a Covid unit won't exacerbate any illness?   

An employer can require you to work unless you have a medical condition that deems you unfit to work.  This order does just that.   So, if you are Covid + and asymptomatic, you work or face being fired or having it taken off your vacation time.   

But regardless of all of this, I think it points to the dire situation facing medical facilities in ND (and probably other states) that this is happening.

I don't know why you think I'm for nurses working while infected- I'm not. That's not what I was saying, and I was just responding to your post.