45-day Tourist Visa Mulled

snoop1130

12 hours ago, Olivie said:

If you are vaccinated, that does not mean you can not transmit the virus...so they will probably ask for people to be vaccinated AND take the quarantine.

SUPER ????????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, brucec64 said:

Of course, anyone who can see more than 1 cm past their nose can figure out that the quarantine won't last forever, and that this is a measure to kickstart tourism once the quarantine is lifted. 

Most people that come on holliday do not have the privelage to stay more then 30 days so don't realy need those extra 15 days . These kind of idea's can go straight in the garbage . If they want people that can stay longer periods of time to cime back again they have to come up with other ideas , maybe not those stupid 800k or 400k packages or people jumping threu hoopes to get a some kind of legal ED or voulanteer . And making the elite visas more expensive also doesn't realy work because the people that can realy afford those will just buy one so they can get in and out whenever they want during that period , most of them getting the elite aren't staying here that whole stretch just buy it because of the convenience not having to go thru whatever hassle they have to go thru with other solutions . 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Most people that come on holliday do not have the privelage to stay more then 30 days so don't realy need those extra 15 days . These kind of idea's can go straight in the garbage . If they want people that can stay longer periods of time to cime back again they have to come up with other ideas , maybe not those stupid 800k or 400k packages or people jumping threu hoopes to get a some kind of legal ED or voulanteer . And making the elite visas more expensive also doesn't realy work because the people that can realy afford those will just buy one so they can get in and out whenever they want during that period , most of them getting the elite aren't staying here that whole stretch just buy it because of the convenience not having to go thru whatever hassle they have to go thru with other solutions . 

I know a lot of people who come on extended holiday and 45 days will definitely be a big help. You need to look beyond the people on the left and right of the Nana Plaza barstool you're sitting on, and maybe see there are many people with the means for extended holidays.

• Like 1

These people really do not get it at all, do they.

Whether they offer 45 Days , 60 Days or 120 Days, on a Tourist Visa, the average Tourists just does not want to spend 14 Days of any period during their Vacation stuck in an ASQ Hotel that thy have to pay a fortune for.

For many Tourists a Holiday, for just 2 weeks is all the Holiday entitlement they have on an Annual basis, with maybe a few extra floating Days. Their Holiday is to relax and have fun, and Quarantine in an overpriced Prison for 2 weeks just does not cut it

• Like 1

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

45-day Tourist Visa Mulled

visa.jpg

BANGKOK, Dec 7 (TNA) – The government’s business easing committee will propose the government extend the validity of tourist visas to 45 days from 30 days to attract visitors.

National Security Council secretary-general Gen Nathapol Nakpanit in his capacity as the director of the committee discussed with committee members the idea as well as COVID-19 situation in Mae Sai district of Chiang Rai province.

After the meeting, Chaturon Chaiyakham, deputy director-general of the Consular Affairs Department, said the prime minister ordered the Foreign Affairs Ministry to work out measures to attract visitors.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-596716

tnalogo.jpg

-- © Copyright TNA 2020-12-07

The government needs to understand that they will not get many interested visitors as long as they have quarantines, insurance requirements etc.  Another issue is whether the government of the source country is allowing citizens to return without quarantine.

People will not go on vacation, if it is a hassle.  People will only endure these restrictions, if they have to go to Thailand.  If there is no need to go, then there is always next year

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, brucec64 said:

I know a lot of people who come on extended holiday and 45 days will definitely be a big help. You need to look beyond the people on the left and right of the Nana Plaza barstool you're sitting on, and maybe see there are many people with the means for extended holidays.

Maybe you need to think before you want to bash someone about sitting on a barstool bruce lee . Most tourists have a normal job at home and can't take of for more then a few weeks at a time to go on holiday and that's the people i am talking about . And if you don't like that i am calling you bruce lee because that's not your name , maybe you need understand just because someone has Nana Plaza as a screen name doesn't mean they are sitting on a barstool there every day . I think you have sat and still are sitting on more barstools then i ever have , i don't even drink . 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

11 minutes ago, brucec64 said:

So funny, when they initially suggested the STV, I heard the exact same argument that there were "a lot" of people who would be interested.  There were not - not even Europeans who wanted to escape winter.  

The rules are just to difficult - 30 days, 45 days, 90 days - it does not matter.  As long as there is a quarantine requirement, there will only be a few interested travelers who have to come to Thailand

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Salerno said:

Define "very expensive".

There are ASQ hotels starting at 35K ... for transport from the airport, 3 meals a day, covid tests and medical on call.

I can think of nothing better than spending more than USD 1000 to stay in a hotel room for 2 weeks and get 3 meals and covid tests.

If I stay home, I can at least go outside, walk, exercise, play tennis or go to the beach and gym... all things I can not do in ASQ

20 minutes ago, Miami007 said:

maybe better to turn off the lights

For 240,000 tourists (anually) it is probably not worth turning the lights on?

Restaurants have low margin.

Hotels have a breakeven occupancy.

Airlines only make money near 90% capacity.

This paltry amount of toruists is hardly worth it.

Instead of the Scheme du Jour, I'd rather see a plan which addresses reality.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Cool, one country.

Have they lifted the regional lockdowns and curfews?

Are they still restricting flights from non-EU countries?

The grass is always greener, but when all is said and done, you have to go home.

A little OT, but I really don’t understand why Thailand makes it so difficult for people that actually want to live in Thailand but not of retirement age. Having to do border runs is annoying. I understand not wanting begpackers. Thailand can require money in the bank and even health insurance. They support the economy. They are not taking jobs from Thais. There needs ro be a new DN visa to pump up the economy!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Miami007 said:

I can think of nothing better than spending more than USD 1000 to stay in a hotel room for 2 weeks and get 3 meals and covid tests.

If I stay home, I can at least go outside, walk, exercise, play tennis or go to the beach and gym... all things I can not do in ASQ

And, of course, catch Covid 19. Now available in Miami for all those who want it.

• Haha 1

It appears that this is the 30 day on arrival exemption from reading other reports and encompasses 56 countries including Russia, So apparently the ministry will be seeking cabinet approval for the extension of free visas for foreign tourists who are eligible and make them from the prior 30 days to now being 45 days long in order to compensate for their 14-day-quarantine period.  Looks like Visa restrictions are being eased, but then again how many are willing to travel, quarantine, vacation, and then possibly have to quarantine upon arrival back home.  How many regular tourists who have jobs, not those digital nomads, but real blue color workers can get that much time off.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

The rules are not made by immigration. They are made by the government and immigration are obliged to enforce them. The chance of this government easing anything regarding foreigners is probably zero.

How silly of me. I will go and rap my own knuckles for being so foolish as to not getting the statement factually accurate. ????

There is no point to living in Thailand long term these days, much better alternatives in Europe and South America

Covid is going to be the trigger for the collapse of Thailand ridiculous visa schemes, they are starting already to realize how f... they are

when mass travelling was easy, it was "understandable" but mass travelling is never going to be the same again, so the current restrictions is going to starve their country in terms of tourism 

22 hours ago, ukrules said:

Tourist visas are for 60 days, not 30 days ????

The visa you get stamped at immigration is meant, that was 30 days so far.

BTW your definition of stupid and inteligent persons can be defined better: An inteligent person can fake he is stupid, otherway around it would be a problem.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, tonray said:

I was at the auto show at Impact Center on Sunday....your claims of economic armageddon are inflated. every table filled with people negotiating deals for new cars...we bought a new Mazda 2....40K discount off list plus lots of extras.....open til Sunday if anyone looking for new car...end of year they are discounting...Mazda 2 40K off list, Toyota 30K off Yaris list for example....

yeah, all those thai buying car at credit, like their tv, smartphone...a really smart way to push your economy...

As of June, household debt rose to 13.59 trillion baht ($435 billion), equal to 83.8% of GDP, the highest since 2003 and among the highest levels in Asia. The debt was at 79.9% of GDP at the end of 2019

https://www.reuters.com/article/thailand-economy-loans/thai-household-debt-levels-to-rise-even-further-c-bank-gov-idUKL4N2HD1JH

• Like 1

23 hours ago, internationalism said:

those 30 days are visa exemption, not visa on arrival.

Visa on arrival is 15 days and costs 1000b.

All visa exemption and visa on arrival, and many other visas, were cancelled in March.

They don't have a clue what they are doing.

I visit 4 times a year normally for 30 days each time without applying for anything  I have never had to pay anything and I am allowed 30 days each time .I am Irish., visa exemption for me. Are there many nationalities that have to pay 1000bht and only get 15 days ? 

Edited by terryofcrete

Instead of opening up the country to tourists they should shut it down like they did in March, the outbrak they have up north is only the tip of the iceberg, until they have it under control why risk it?, scenario...a fella comes over and quarantines for a fortnight, he is then free to mingle and catch the virus before heading back to his country, what a great holiday, he will never forget ☺