UK, EU leaders to meet face-to-face to try to seal Brexit trade deal

webfact

1 minute ago, Susco said:

Yep many more countries outside the EU, and the UK has a trade deal with them.

Here are the big names ???? . I'm sure they soon will add Zimbabwe, Nigeria and Biafra as well.

Your point being, eeeeeeer, absolutely nothing ...:coffee1:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Another arrogant jibe with 'Brexit Joke.' That democratic referendum which was won by the leave campaign has been debated on here by myself and a good few others since 2015. Some have changed their names for whatever reason to conceal their identities.

The said poster has only recently come on these threads with his expert opinions. Having an opinion is one thing but telling others they are wrong, they have made a tragic mistakes,  and they will suffer is another.  It is arrogant, misguided and speculation.

You would think that it is affecting him personally or any other non Brit.

As usual Non Brits on here keep going on about the UK leaving the EU. Well I don't care and many others don't. What is a joke is the EU masquerading as a democratic entity, when it is not. I am sure like others you will say the EU has its problems. That's the usual but nothing gets done.

Some countries don't get to have a democratic referendum and see it through. They have to have another one until the right vote gets done.

So when people start belittling a democracy like Brexit is, then it shows the character of a person they are and frankly I find it rude and offensive. Disagree with it that's fine. Calling a democratic vote a name shows the level of intellect a person has.

God that’s precious garbage !! 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

The Brexit deal is not going to happen, BoJo and friends are dying to try the WTO framework so they can the upper hand in further negociations

of course since nobody in BoJo cabinet knows what's inside the current EU deal, they have no clue what they are losing

Like Theresa May when she went to the early negotiations unprepared and without a clue what her hand was, basically playing Poker with professional players blindfolded

The Brits are a waste of time, good riddance from everyone in the EU ????

Pray tell why you bothered to read and write English. ????

42 minutes ago, Susco said:

Yep many more countries outside the EU, and the UK has a trade deal with them.

Here are the big names ???? . I'm sure they soon will add Zimbabwe, Nigeria and Biafra as well.

And a few more they are considering, but even may not suceed.

Country or bloc Nature of agreement Status of discussions Percentage of total UK trade, 2018
Albania (Western Balkans) Association agreement Engagement ongoing 0.00%
Algeria Association agreement Engagement ongoing (agreement unlikely before exit day) 0.21%
Andorra Customs union Will not be signed for exit day 0.00%
San Marino Customs union Will not be signed for exit day 0.00%
Bosnia & Herzegovina (Western Balkans) Association agreement Engagement ongoing 0.01%
Cameroon (Central Africa) Economic partnership agreement Engagement ongoing 0.01%
Canada Free trade agreement Engagement ongoing 1.44%
Côte d’Ivoire Economic partnership agreement Engagement ongoing 0.03%
Egypt Association agreement Engagement ongoing 0.24%
Ghana (Western Africa) Economic partnership agreement Engagement ongoing 0.10%
Japan Free trade agreement Engagement ongoing (agreement will not be transitioned before exit day) 2.21%
Kenya (EAC) Economic partnership agreement Engagement ongoing 0.12%
Mexico Free trade agreement Engagement ongoing 0.35%
Moldova Association agreement Engagement ongoing 0.04%
Montenegro (Western Balkans) Stabilisation and association agreement Engagement ongoing 0.01%
North Macedonia (Western Balkans) Association agreement Engagement ongoing 0.11%
Serbia (Western Balkans) Association agreement Engagement ongoing 0.05%
Turkey Customs union Will not be signed for exit day 1.29%
Ukraine Association agreement Engagement ongoing 0.10%

On top of it, these agreements are continuity agreements of EU agreements, so no improvement re international trade.

22 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

The Brexit deal is not going to happen, BoJo and friends are dying to try the WTO framework so they can the upper hand in further negociations

Whether there is a deal or not, it will be back in time to the days before the single market. I used to export to Europe in those days and many businesses used to ask me what was involved, once they saw the red tape the head would shake.

Why should it be any different now, once faced with the red tape, many will downsize and concentrate on the domestic market.

Of course the rise in unemployment will be blamed on covid, the brexit "get out of jail free" card.

As London and Brussels continue attempts to thrash out a free-trade agreement with just weeks remaining, Mr Harra reiterated the extra red-tape will apply regardless of the outcome of the negotiations.

Due to the UK leaving the bloc’s customs union and single market, thousands of businesses trading with the EU after the transition period in January will be required to fill in customs declarations for the first time.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/hmrc-brexit-transition-business-paperwork-customs-b1767557.html?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=INDNEWS%2308122020&utm_term=IND_Headlines_Masterlist_CDP

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Whether there is a deal or not, it will be back in time to the days before the single market. I used to export to Europe in those days and many businesses used to ask me what was involved, once they saw the red tape the head would shake.

Why should it be any different now, once faced with the red tape, many will downsize and concentrate on the domestic market.

Of course the rise in unemployment will be blamed on covid, the brexit "get out of jail free" card.

As London and Brussels continue attempts to thrash out a free-trade agreement with just weeks remaining, Mr Harra reiterated the extra red-tape will apply regardless of the outcome of the negotiations.

Due to the UK leaving the bloc’s customs union and single market, thousands of businesses trading with the EU after the transition period in January will be required to fill in customs declarations for the first time.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/hmrc-brexit-transition-business-paperwork-customs-b1767557.html?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=INDNEWS%2308122020&utm_term=IND_Headlines_Masterlist_CDP

I don't want UK to have a deal with people we have never got on with. 

A no deal is best and the WTO is the way forward. 

UK is better off without any ties at all to the EU mess. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

News is my buddy Boris is on his way to meet the EU lady who's president or somic and I hope he starts by saying I here to finalise the no deal sinario as no agreement can be made. ????

Your buddy has shouted from the rooftops ever since he came in charge of Brexit, that he would leave without a deal.

Even recently he repeated that again.

Wonder why he bothers to travel to Brussels, if he has no interest in a deal, and claims the UK will be better off without a deal.

Does he have too much time on his hands, and did he have to be in Belgium for other purposes, or is it that he is not sincere in his claims and just playing bluff poker?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Susco said:

Be patient, a 6.4 tumble didn't happen yet, just wait for it. It has tumbled already about 25% against the Euro since the UK started their mickey mouse show, and you ain't seen nothing yet

Well we were discussing the action just yesterday. But as you want to widen the goalposts by 5 years I will disagree again and say that the true number for GBP EUR is about a 9% drop since the referendum date.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Susco said:

Your buddy has shouted from the rooftops ever since he came in charge of Brexit, that he would leave without a deal.

Even recently he repeated that again.

Wonder why he bothers to travel to Brussels, if he has no interest in a deal, and claims the UK will be better off without a deal.

Does he have too much time on his hands, and did he have to be in Belgium for other purposes, or is it that he is not sincere in his claims and just playing bluff poker?

Boris is an English gentleman and as leader of the UK he has to be polite and go and tell the EU in person the position and stance the UK is taking. 

What part of that do you not understand, pause OK don't bother the answer is nothing. 

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

of course since nobody in BoJo cabinet knows what's inside the current EU deal, they have no clue what they are losing

Like Theresa May when she went to the early negotiations unprepared and without a clue what her hand was, basically playing Poker with professional players blindfolded

The Brits are a waste of time, good riddance from everyone in the EU ????

Why are you so jealous of us ,I can’t understand it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Boris is an English gentleman and as leader of the UK he has to be polite and go and tell the EU in person the position and stance the UK is taking. 

Indeed, the U.K. came the day after Brexit results, knock at the door of the E.U., to get some deals.

The negotiations between both didn't work.

As a gentleman, Mr.Johnson now travel personally to Brussels to let them know a deal is really not possible.

Of course there is a possibility that Mr. Johnson has something different in his mind.

We will soon know.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Indeed, the U.K. came the day after Brexit results, knock at the door of the E.U., to get some deals.

The negotiations between both didn't work.

As a gentleman, Mr.Johnson now travel personally to Brussels to let them know a deal is really not possible.

Of course there is a possibility that Mr. Johnson has something different in his mind.

We will soon know.

Of course we will know by Wednesday by all accounts,  I hope it's UK out at last no deal.  

25 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

What part of that do you not understand, pause OK don't bother the answer is nothing. 

Actually, Boris is an American. He was born and raised in New York, Upper East Side Manhattan. When has Boris EVER been polite?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Kwasaki said:

I hope it's UK out at last no deal.  

In fact we don't know what the majority of the Leave voters want.

But as always and everywhere the voter will have to accept the decision made by the politicians.