UK, EU leaders to meet face-to-face to try to seal Brexit trade deal

webfact

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_largest_trading_partners_of_United_Kingdom

Studying this list would wake those Brexiteers up a bit.  The EU is 48% of the UK its trade.

US is 14,5% 

So good luck with your trade if you get a bad deal from those two countries. There is no way that that is NOT negative.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-46612362

Fact are facts. I doubt many will read the articles.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, nauseus said:
3 hours ago, Susco said:

It is indeed not a massive tumble, though it is a DECLINE, where you spread the false news, like most Brexiteers do, that it had climbed by 0.64% against the dollar.

Quite a difference isn't it, and it shows how delusional the Brexiteers actually are

It's one day with about a 0.008 spread from start to finish. What are you on about?

You know very well what I'm on about, but unfortunately I can't make blind people see.

You see a 0.008 spread, while I see a significant larger spread, and the poster I was replying to saw a 0.64% increase in value.

4 minutes ago, transam said:

Think you will find UK pensioners already have to pay for dentures, or part of, my 85 year old mum did...

yes but they could afford to then. I believe it was a conservative MP who objected to the forming of the NHS with the words, "Here's a pretty picture, free dentures and nowt to bite on".

According to Reuters 1.2 trillion pounds in trading assets have moved from the UK to the EU with the trading houses, the city is waiting nervously to see what the big American trading houses will do, it's a no brainer, in the event of a no deal they will be off to Dublin, Paris, Frankfurt and Amsterdam, that's a lot of jobs (estimated at one million) and a lot of tax money.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Susco said:

You know very well what I'm on about, but unfortunately I can't make blind people see.

You see a 0.008 spread, while I see a significant larger spread, and the poster I was replying to saw a 0.64% increase in value.

Kwasaki's rates were wrong but even so 0.64% is not a tumble. 6.4% is.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, transam said:

We can all speculate, I could speculate that some EU countries may be paying a lot more to its Oliver Twist neighbours....:whistling:

Be careful with that arrogance, the UK isn't to far away from asking "please sir can I have some more" and that is during the transition phase.

Edited by soalbundy
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Finally progress. Please pass that on to Macron who would like the extension kept going for a hundred years and the contributions of course.

This is the main point. Without a crystal ball nobody knows as it will take time when the UK finally leaves and trades with the majority counties other than the EU. You constantly read of what the UK will lose from leaving the EU and yes that is fact. It is also fact the EU will lose some. Until time, when the UK trades outside of the EU your article is only conjecture and not fact.

I guess you just don't see it. Never mind.

The only thing that gets boring is non Brits telling us what we should do and what we shouldn't. What is better for us and what isn't. it is patronising and disingenuous.

How would you feel if all of a sudden someone thinks they are the resident expert on British life and politics because they read the Guardian and watch PM question time and they are not British. The credibility is weal with your statements like the one below.

As someone who has wanted to leave the EEC/EU ever since I can vote your words are ridiculous and conceived as rude. So that statement is not only childish but quite idiotic. I have a different point of view from yours.

I am looking forward to the UK becoming more patriotic and buying British over EU products.

You should be more concerned about Holland but I wouldn't be so arrogant to tell you what to do, think and what mistakes you have made, unlike...  you continually do.

No doubt you will come back with some trash about this or that. I will save you some time. We have left the EU and will will prosper as a country outside of the EU. We will save money on contributions and in a few years will be celebrating that we broke free. Other countries will be envious that they didn't have the strength and courage to do the same.

Excellent....:clap2:

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

Kwasaki's rates were wrong but even so 0.64% is not a tumble. 6.4% is.

Be patient, a 6.4 tumble didn't happen yet, just wait for it. It has tumbled already about 25% against the Euro since the UK started their mickey mouse show, and you ain't seen nothing yet

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

The only thing that gets boring is non Brits telling us what we should do and what we shouldn't. What is better for us and what isn't. it is patronising and disingenuous.

In case you hadn't noticed yet, in this Brexit joke there are 2 parties involved, UK and EU, and last time I checked Netherlands is part of the EU

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

d'Art-- the tall one in the middle?

more suprised re Robert Plant (on the right) being there . . .

Weeeel, there was no way I was going to find a photo of the real ones...Even if there are now sitting in the EU parliament...????

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Susco said:

In case you hadn't noticed yet, in this Brexit joke there are 2 parties involved, UK and EU, and last time I checked Netherlands is part of the EU

Oh!  Please come on board the pot smoking,  tip toeing through the Tulips and full of Dykes country had never been taken seriously .???? ????

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, transam said:

I just knew you would not answer an outright fact.....????

Lets try again from a different angle, you do keep going on about Boris lies and Brexit.

FOUR YEARS latter, Boris asked the UK populace via a General Election if he should carry on with his Brexit campaign.

1. Now you tell me, did the populace give him the go ahead to continue...YES or NO....

2. Did the populace back the Lib Dems who would have trashed Brexit outright...YES or NO...

I can answer that quite easily. NO. The election was not about the EU and Brexit. Brexit was already completed.

• Haha 2