Where to get the electric motorcycle/bike?

Trang Vo

2 minutes ago, scammed said:

just a suggestion get one with 72 V 750 W so it got the power,

and if you live in a condo upstairs its going to be hassle

to recharge it, those are the main concerns.

they are also more expensive then gasoline powered scooters

I have just come to Thailand so I want to use them before I can get the license :< and fortunately I am not living in a condo upstairs ???? I will consider the 72V 750W if it is available in Thailand, Thank you for your suggestion

7 minutes ago, Trang Vo said:

I have just come to Thailand so I want to use them before I can get the license

These electric scooters are illegal to ride on public roads in Thailand. This explains why you hardly see any of them driving around, compared to Vietnam where you see dozens of them.

So if you have to choose between riding such an illegal scooter and a regular (legal) scooter without license, then just go for a regular one (the fine for driving without license was recently lowered to 200THB). From your name i guess you are Vietnamese, you can use your Vietnamese license to ride in Thailand, both are ASEAN.

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, jackdd said:

These electric scooters are illegal to ride on public roads in Thailand. This explains why you hardly see any of them driving around, compared to Vietnam where you see dozens of them.

So if you have to choose between riding such an illegal scooter and a regular (legal) scooter without license, then just go for a regular one (the fine for driving without license was recently lowered to 200THB). From your name i guess you are Vietnamese, you can use your Vietnamese license to ride in Thailand, both are ASEAN.

OMG is that so? :< So are there any electric 2 wheels vehicles that can be used in Thailand? (Except electric bicycles and TukTuk)? I am wondering ????

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Trang Vo said:

OMG is that so? :< So are there any electric 2 wheels vehicles that can be used in Thailand? (Except electric bicycles and TukTuk)? I am wondering ????

from what i could make out, in order to not be classified

as a motor vehicle and carry requirement on helmet & license,

it need pedals and max 500 W engine.

lazada got low spec bikes, the one that seem most promising is

usa g-force g 14 with a 400 W engine, which is ok for a little girl like you but wouldnt be for me

https://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?q=electric+bycycle+&_keyori=ss&from=input&spm=a2o4m.searchlist.search.go.2d5e1c93tWb1rv

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/usa-g-force-g14-i1352026317-s3398470217.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.160.1ec51365XzuxZ2&search=1

a warning though, these are thief magnets,

you need to chain it every time you leave it out of sight

Edited by scammed
  • Like 2

A Thai company you may wish to consider is Life's Moving, they make a range of conventional and e-bikes assembled here in Thailand.

Check out their EM Vedo model below, which you can see at some HomePro stores:-

04.jpg

Here's the web page link:-

EM Vedo bike

You might need to run Google Translate to read the page.

I bought one the other day (27900 baht) and I love it so far. The specs they claim on the webpage seem pretty close, I've seen an indicated 35 Km/h on the dash on full charge reducing slightly as the battery runs down. I'm 95 kg and there was no worry with the performance. I bought it for the missus but I love it, she hasn't even had a ride on it yet. She can buy her own!

Charged it for the first time last night and it took about 6 hours to charge. A battery charger and two rear-view mirrors come with the bike.

Only thing that kills it is a gradient, if you're living somewhere hilly forget this. Also, watch the pedals when you're cornering too, best to have your feet inside like you would on a normal scooter.

Vedo-02.jpg

Zoom zoom!

• Like 1

If you are serious about electrical scooter I might recommend you those two Thai companies:

-SWAG electric motorcycles. Originally from Singapore they are the highest quality brand IMO. Recently supplied GRAB delivery with a fleet of electric motorcycles.

-H SEM Motor. Quite new to me and just saw them at current Motor Expo 2020. They claim to be No1 golf cart manufacturer. Same as swag, using Bosch hub motor but I found the built quality below SWAG and the plastik parts looked quite cheap.

• Like 2

The Sanyo eneloop is nice if you can find one. Looks like a bicycle so no issue with the police but has assisted peddling or twist grip control ( like motorcycle ) . Top speed from 25-30 kph.

One other advantage is that if it should break down you still have a perfectly useable bicycle.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CLW said:

If you are serious about electrical scooter I might recommend you those two Thai companies:

-SWAG electric motorcycles. Originally from Singapore they are the highest quality brand IMO. Recently supplied GRAB delivery with a fleet of electric motorcycles.

-H SEM Motor. Quite new to me and just saw them at current Motor Expo 2020. They claim to be No1 golf cart manufacturer. Same as swag, using Bosch hub motor but I found the built quality below SWAG and the plastik parts looked quite cheap.

Both of those companies make excellent looking scooters, especially the SWAG models.

And while the Life's Moving EM Vedo is cheaper then both, it also looks pretty cheap in comparison. If you have the cash one of the SWAG or HSEM models look to be the better option. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, NumbNut said:

A Thai company you may wish to consider is Life's Moving, they make a range of conventional and e-bikes assembled here in Thailand.

Check out their EM Vedo model below, which you can see at some HomePro stores:-

04.jpg

Here's the web page link:-

EM Vedo bike

You might need to run Google Translate to read the page.

I bought one the other day (27900 baht) and I love it so far. The specs they claim on the webpage seem pretty close, I've seen an indicated 35 Km/h on the dash on full charge reducing slightly as the battery runs down. I'm 95 kg and there was no worry with the performance. I bought it for the missus but I love it, she hasn't even had a ride on it yet. She can buy her own!

Charged it for the first time last night and it took about 6 hours to charge. A battery charger and two rear-view mirrors come with the bike.

Only thing that kills it is a gradient, if you're living somewhere hilly forget this. Also, watch the pedals when you're cornering too, best to have your feet inside like you would on a normal scooter.

Vedo-02.jpg

Zoom zoom!

6 hours to charge is too long and not practical compared to petrol powered bikes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EricTh said:

6 hours to charge is too long and not practical compared to petrol powered bikes.

Totally agree, last night it took longer then six hours to charge as well. The EM Vedo does not have a lithium battery either, it's a conventional lead acid battery.

• Sad 1