Special Tourist Visa: Thailand opens to the world - But will the tourists really come?

webfact

25 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Being allowed to home quarantine would solve my problem - and that of thousands of others who would normally visit their wives and/or families on a regular basis.  

I opologise for the following if it offends but ...........

I am not married but I live with my girlfriend full time in Thailand. I moved lock stock to Thailand and for some reason some people think just because they are married they deserve different treatment to us who are not.

Well you were treated differently and were allowed back several months ago if you are married. However if you do not live in Thailand full time and only visit your wife then I do not see why you think you have a special entitlement to quarantene at home when even Thai nationals do not quarantene at home.

If you love her then bite the bullet like the rest of us who served there ASQ time.

Edited by mlkik

On 12/9/2020 at 2:37 PM, Wytchend said:

OMG please wake up Thailand? You are not a 5 star country. No one is coming until you remove the quarantine. I love Thailand, & I'm a frequent visitor, but I will not pay for your games. You will get nothing until you open up. Please prove me wrong, but 39,000,000 tourists agree with me?

I absolutely agree! 

• Like 2

I don't think it will change/help bring back the tourists at the moment.  If they approve the extra 15 days and give the tourist 45 days to cover his Quarantine days it still won't cut it.... now if they say we'll offer a 50%/50% cost on Quarantine then that may inspire some people to jump on a plane. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pattayadgw said:

I don't think it will change/help bring back the tourists at the moment.  If they approve the extra 15 days and give the tourist 45 days to cover his Quarantine days it still won't cut it.... now if they say we'll offer a 50%/50% cost on Quarantine then that may inspire some people to jump on a plane. 

Even if the thai gov pays 50% of the quarantine, I dont see myself paying $800-$1000 to stay in jail for 16 days.
For a lot of tourists, it's nearly half of their holiday budget (without flight tickets) and more than half of the length of their vacation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

What the Thai Government need to realise foreigners are not millionaires or a walking ATM, the ASQ Hotels in conjunction with the hospitals are a cash cow for a certain few.

They are too full of themselves, to see foreigners as normal "working for their money people",  just as you say, walking ATMs.

And somehow money grows on trees outside of Thailand. They think, that´s unfair and just want their share of it . . . ????

• Thanks 1

The US state department has issued plans to repair the long standing alliance with Thailand,Laos, Cambodia and Myanmar. The following is a link to the US embassy.

Things will be good in the future, just hang in there.

Merry Christmas.????????????

????????????????❤️
 http://th.usembassy.gov/launch-of-the-mekong-u-s-partnership-expanding-u-s-engagement-with-the-mekong-region/

Nobody other than business people and returnees (foreigners who have family/homes/property here) are interested in travel at the present time, and no tourists are interested in doing 2 weeks quarantine (and more than likely another 2 weeks quarantine when they return to their home country), so nothing is going to pick up again until after the vaccinations have been done on large scales and the virus cases have sufficiently lowered so quarantines are no longer a requirement for vaccinated people. We could see this situation shaping up around middle of 2021, but for now nothing will happen.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TSF said:

Nobody other than business people and returnees (foreigners who have family/homes/property here) are interested in travel at the present time, and no tourists are interested in doing 2 weeks quarantine (and more than likely another 2 weeks quarantine when they return to their home country), so nothing is going to pick up again until after the vaccinations have been done on large scales and the virus cases have sufficiently lowered so quarantines are no longer a requirement for vaccinated people. We could see this situation shaping up around middle of 2021, but for now nothing will happen.

Not what I like to be reading as I am stuck in the U.K. with my Thai partner and our 5 year old son and paying rent for a house in Pattaya.

Unfortunately  it’s a fact of life, we will not be able to go back due to Thailand’s very expensive hoop jumping so we are currently trying to ride the storm out.

1 minute ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Not what I like to be reading as I am stuck in the U.K. with my Thai partner and our 5 year old son and paying rent for a house in Pattaya.

Unfortunately  it’s a fact of life, we will not be able to go back due to Thailand’s very expensive hoop jumping so we are currently trying to ride the storm out.

Many of us are hurting mate. I own an apartment in Perth, it's sitting empty and locked up since March this year, if I had any idea what was going to happen I would have cleared my stuff out and leased it. I sure could use the extra income from rental, and I still have to pay out of my pocket for things like rates & levies on a vacant property. The way things are looking it'll probably be late 2021 before the situation improves sufficiently for me to get back there for a while. But at least you and me are together with our tiraks. I have friends in Perth who have been locked in since March (and Oz borders are staying locked to March 21, possibly longer) and they sadly miss their tiraks. Anyway, enjoy your Xmas & NY and stay safe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2020 at 5:51 PM, edwinchester said:

My daughter's and their families visit for 2 weeks every year. Anyone believing they and millions like them will spend it in quarantine and then go home is seriously deluded.

We visit every two years and stay for two months. Even then, I'm not interested in spending two weeks in quarantine.

• Like 2