Popular ex-police chief Chakthip gunning to become Bangkok governor

webfact

Popular ex-police chief Chakthip gunning to become Bangkok governor

Chakthip-Chaijinda-2.jpg

Pol General Chakthip Chaijinda has never held a political post let alone contested for one. Yet, his entry in the upcoming Bangkok governor’s race – if confirmed – will send a chill down the spines of any seasoned politician interested in contesting the same election.

Earlier this month, Chakthip revealed he was thinking of jumping into the gubernatorial race and already had policies in mind. “I have not yet made a final decision, though. I also don’t know at this point if I will run as an independent or under a party’s banner,” he said.

Several political parties were trying to woo Chakthip even before he retired as national police chief on September 30. It is widely reported that the top cop is a target of Democrat, Bhumjaithai and Palang Pracharath parties.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/popular-ex-police-chief-chakthip-gunning-to-become-bangkok-governor/

thaipbs.jpg
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, webfact said:

Pol General Chakthip Chaijinda has never held a political post let alone contested for one.

I think that is par for the course in Thailand, ask the head of the current government !

Edited by Thaiwrath
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Pol General Chakthip Chaijinda has never held a political post let alone contested for one. Yet, his entry in the upcoming Bangkok governor’s race – if confirmed – will send a chill down the spines of any seasoned politician interested in contesting the same election.

Will he run under the alias :Wild Bill Hickock" ?

• Haha 1